Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I just purchased a 4K Fire Stick and the picture quality is not as good as my cable connection. Also, the audio sounds like a mono channel rather than the surround that I have.
    Anybody else have issues?

#2 1 year ago

I haven’t had any of those issues. But, if you haven’t already, go into the settings and verify output resolution and sound mode.

I don’t know which cable provider you had, but with all the compression streaming is on par with my former cable provider (Comcast).

#3 1 year ago

Dumb question and I don't have a fire stick...but are you streaming 4k content?

#4 1 year ago

Your settings sound off

#5 1 year ago

OK, I dove a little deeper and adjusted the audio and display settings and it is much better. I want to cut the cord due to the current cable bill of $240. Internet only would run $85 per month.

#6 1 year ago

I personally prefer the Roku ecosystem for ease of use.

If you don't watch sports you can sign up for Netflix for 3 months. Cancel, then sign up for Paramount plus... cancel, then sign up for HBO... cancel... and always have something new and fresh to watch on the cheap. Just keep rotating as they all have new seasons of cool stuff.

#7 1 year ago

I was exclusive to FireTv until the software became very bloated and ran like crap on some of my older FireTV models around the homestead.

I switched to Roku and never looked back.. simplistic interface which focuses on the app not the UI... runs 10x better.

#8 1 year ago

Thanks for the help. I've been blindly paying Comcast for years and the household expenses need to be cut. I just heard the electric company has an added increase of 60%. I may get several hundred pinwheels and put them on my roof.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I personally prefer the Roku ecosystem for ease of use.
    If you don't watch sports you can sign up for Netflix for 3 months. Cancel, then sign up for Paramount plus... cancel, then sign up for HBO... cancel... and always have something new and fresh to watch on the cheap. Just keep rotating as they all have new seasons of cool stuff.

I used to like Roku until their stock crashed.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I used to like Roku until their stock crashed.

Wow, I just looked at that. It was $473 last July, currently $95. What happened? Are we blaming that on Putin also?

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Wow, I just looked at that. It was $473 last July, currently $95. What happened? Are we blaming that on Putin also?

Who knows. Supposedly Roku will be bought by Netflix. Hopefully it climbs back up, should have sold man!

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from HarryReimer:

I was exclusive to FireTv until the software became very bloated and ran like crap on some of my older FireTV models around the homestead.
    I switched to Roku and never looked back.. simplistic interface which focuses on the app not the UI... runs 10x better.

Yeah, that got me to buy new sticks for my TVs. I guess it worked out good for Amazon, but I don't like the interface.

I'm not experiencing sound or video quality issues.

#13 1 year ago

About 5 months ago I bought a 4k Firestick and Fire DVR and antenna to record OTA content, damn near $400 for everything, to cut the cord also. Cable bill around $250.

Still have cable. It's just too easy. I don't want to have to search for new episodes of my favorite shows across different apps. They all tape automatically, and when the season ends they'll start taping again next year.

#14 1 year ago

Download the VLC player app if you want to stream your own files from a PC share or network share.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Who knows. Supposedly Roku will be bought by Netflix. Hopefully it climbs back up, should have sold man!

That would be hilarious. You know ROKU was originally the Netflix box by Netflix but they spun it off.

Speaking of weird spinoffs... did you know Carmax was a spinoff of Circuit City?

#16 1 year ago

I had time tonight to get accustomed with the Firestick navigation, and have to say it sucks. Like previously mentioned, I enjoy having the ability to record multiple programs during the week, some at the same time. Not sure this will be a keeper.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I enjoy having the ability to record multiple programs during the week, some at the same time.

Firestick isn't a DVR, for sure. When I cut the cord I got a Firestick to use the various streaming apps. Interface isn't awesome but it's fine for my purposes. And then I have a Tivo hooked up to an antenna for recording over-the-air content.

1 month later
    #18 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Speaking of weird spinoffs... did you know Carmax was a spinoff of Circuit City?

That's interesting.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazon-fire-stick-users?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.