Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mcjeremy42
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Well, I wanted a project...I guess I got one. I bought a nw 1980 Spidey. Currently waiting for parts to repair the power supply as I was missing the 60 /42v circuit on the ps. Going through all the ground mods while I wait and did the battery mod on the control board (surprisingly, I found no evidence of leakage or corrosion). Trying to familiarize myself with all the boards and their locations (this is my first pin, btw), I could not locate the pop bumper driver boards. Finally noticed 8 screw holes under the pf where the 2 boards were supposed to be. After closer inspection, I noticed some snipped wires that were wire tied and spliced and can see where the connectors that went to the boards were removed. The coils for the pop bumpers test ok so I am wondering why they were removed. I am wondering if the pop bumpers were just eliminated altogether, or if it is possible that someone did some kind of hack that would (incorrectly) bypass the boards. Anyone see anything like this before?

#2 11 years ago

Pops are driven on the main solenoid board I believe. If Im not mistaken, there aren't any boards mounted under the PF for that model, just fuses but Im sure someone will chime in more educated on that then I. So dont take what I say for gold. Someone bypassing fuses maybe? Great game for a first and Ive been wanting one of those for a long time! I absolutely love the artwork on it. Good luck!

#3 11 years ago

I thought I had read that all system 80 machines used under pf pop driver boards. Also the screw holes I found and the wires I found with connectors removed in the same location, I'm pretty sure that's where the driver boards were

#4 11 years ago

Your right, there are under the PF pop bumper driver boards. Just read it myself snooping around for info on them......Learned something new. Ive never owned a System 80.....

#5 11 years ago

PBR is out of stock on them. That sucks. I cant imagine that bypassing them would even be possible and still have them function.

#7 11 years ago

Or if you want newer parts: http://rottendog.us/PBB080.htm

Never had a problem with my originals, but if they fail, I'll probably go with these.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazing-spider-man-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.