5-bank2_(resized).jpg
BallEject_(resized).jpg
Brackets_(resized).jpg
4-bank_(resized).jpg
TopStand_(resized).jpg
LeftStand_(resized).jpg
3bank_(resized).jpg
Playfield_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

Gottlieb System 80 (Spider-Man) playfield parts

Added: 2016-08-09 03:01:20 UTC • Ended: April 26th, 2017
Condition: Used, fair condition

Price

$ 50

I acquired a populated Amazing Spider-Man pf that is not a good restoration candidate, but appears to have almost all parts except cosmetic plastics. Among the parts available are:

- 5-bank drop target mech, nice spider web graphics, complete
- 3-bank drop mech, but with only two targets and just one of which is a web
- Two single round stand-up spider-web targets
- Pop bumper bodies in good shape, but missing caps; also switches with metal spoons, coils & brackets, and metal mount plate below pf
- Apron in fair condition (some paint loss)
- 4 OEM flipper mechs. 3 seem to have good travel and motion, but the 4th probably needs a new bushing as its flipper shaft was extremely difficult to remove. Undersides of plates have some surface rust.
- complete wiring harness, removed with components carefully clipped within 1/4" of solder joint (to preserve slack)
- a couple "ball guide" plastics
- wireforms / metal rails
- misc mechs and parts such as slings / kickouts / ejects / brackets / etc... Most coils are intact and clean with original labels except for one.

Photos posted below. I'd like to get this stuff to a good home so prices will be very fair! I'm not out to make a killing; the price shown is what I paid for the whole kit, so any reasonable offer will be considered.

The pf itself is not available as I hope to turn it into wall art for my father... if it can even be saved for that :/

I'm moving soon so it may take me a while to get parts removed and shipped, but I can work with anyone who needs something "desperately now".

Thanks for looking...!

Item photos

4-bank_(resized).jpg
Brackets_(resized).jpg
BallEject_(resized).jpg
5-bank2_(resized).jpg
Kickouts_(resized).jpg
Coils_(resized).jpg
PopParts_(resized).jpg
QT2_(resized).jpg
QTrelay_(resized).jpg
Rollovers_(resized).jpg
WebStands_(resized).jpg
FlipperMechs_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are goingincirclez's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to goingincirclez's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Frankfort, KY, US

#2 7 years ago

Bump for the not-just-before-midnight crowd

#3 7 years ago

Can you post a photo of the apron?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from gradient9:

Can you post a photo of the apron?

Argh, you beat me to it, I was planning to do just that!

So in all seriousness, please tell me if "fair" is not an accurate grading description? I almost think the actual condition may be worse. But OTOH I am used to people using that term too generously / optimistically when I see things for sale so if it's a standard then who am I to argue? Bottom line is I'm not out to mis-represent anything here so if I'm way off base let me know.

For what it's worth the blemishes are truly mostly just paint loss to bare metal, but that area to the right of the red star is slightly bubbled and may need more work.

Apron_(resized).jpgApron_(resized).jpg

ApronRail_(resized).jpgApronRail_(resized).jpg

Apron2_(resized).jpgApron2_(resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

More pics of the rest of the lot:

5-bank_(resized).jpg5-bank_(resized).jpg

Mechs_(resized).jpgMechs_(resized).jpg

Playfield_(resized).jpgPlayfield_(resized).jpg

3bank_(resized).jpg3bank_(resized).jpg

LeftStand_(resized).jpgLeftStand_(resized).jpg

TopStand_(resized).jpgTopStand_(resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Shooter lane cover is sold and shipped - I didn't even think to list that one

Today I removed most of the mechs so I could better evaluate the pf itself. I cut the harness off cleanly, and left the coils attached to mechs whenever feasible. 3 of the 4 flipper mechs look pretty good while the last is a bit dirtier. The 3-bank drop mech is actually a 4-bank housing only populated for 3. I'll try to post photos of the various parts later, but all is still available. Also lots of random posts, switches, brackets, and other parts.

#7 7 years ago

Posted photos in main ad above. Sorry for the cellphone quality, but it's what I had time for... if you need any further pics or info please ask.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazing-spider-man-playfield-parts-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.