(Topic ID: 97928)

Amazing spider-man help

By mainelycoasters

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LoserKid_Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

Hey I also have an Amazing Spider-man and need just a little help. There is a bank of drop targets on the right side of the playfield. Sometimes when those targets get knocked down the score just starts racking up. Needless to say the problem is kinda intermittent. Any suggestions?

#6 9 years ago

How do you adjust them? Thanks for the quick response btw

#8 9 years ago

Awesome! It worked great! Thank you ChrisHibler!

#10 9 years ago

So my Amazing Spider-man pin used to give a knock/replay at 290,000, 420,000, & 570,000 but now it won't do the replays anymore. Any suggestions?

#12 9 years ago

No they have not. Yes it is set to award replays

#14 9 years ago

Yeah. Well that is the weird part. The knocker fires when there is a match and when you hit the high score it gives 5 knocks /replays. Which I have it set up to give 5 replays when you hit the high score

1 week later
#15 9 years ago

I turn on my Amazing spider-man and it takes it's 5 seconds to warm up but once you get playing it, the game resets it's self mid game. It's random when it will reset. Sometimes it just stops all together. Lights are on but no body's home kind of thing. Any suggestions?

#17 9 years ago

oh, by the way when it resets the players displays go blank, nothing works but the playfield lights stay on, and then random numbers start showing up on the credit display and it has no response

#19 9 years ago

Awesome! Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

#20 9 years ago

So I got a new credit display and the issue with the old one was the far right of the display was burned out. Well got the new display and the far right is already trying to burn out. It's a brand new display from Swemmer electronics

3 weeks later
#21 9 years ago

I got myself a new driver, mpu, and power supply. The machine is working great! My only problem now is the right drop target bank tries to pop up but just doesn't have enough oomph to get the targets all the way up. So in other words they try to pop up, they give up and go back down. Any suggestions?

1 month later
#22 9 years ago

My right bank of drop targets have a 2 amp all slo blo fuse that they use. Well the drop targets pop up once and the fuse blows. Any suggestions?

#23 9 years ago

Also I pulled out the fuse and tested across the 2 terminals that hold the fuse in. I have a constant 25 volts dc. Shouldn't I have it for a spilt second and then it be gone?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

nope. That's not how most coils work in pinball. There is voltage at both lugs, ALWAYS. The "grounding" of the coil is what fires it "on".
Diodes isolate that "grounding" action to a single coil in the chain.

Awesome! No worries there then. So I replaced the coil to the drop target back making sure I hooked up the right lines to the right terminals. I put in a new fuse and started it up. Still do the exact same thing. Pushes targets up once then blows the fuse

#27 9 years ago

I made sure the wire that was attached to the banded side of the diode of the old coil was the wire I attached to the banded side of the new coil

#29 9 years ago

When I replaced the coil I put a new diode in too. I don't know how to test a transistor. How do you do that?

#30 9 years ago

Also I have all new Swemmer boards in my machine. My driver isn't 3 months old yet. What's the likelihood one of it's transistors are out?

10 months later
#32 8 years ago

So I have my need boards in and having been enjoying them. Well the other day we were playing and all of a sudden it stop working. I turned if off and then turned it back on. Attract mode works but as soon as you push the start button, all the lights on the playfield turn off, nothing responds to the ball hitting it, and the score displays shut off too. Any suggestions?

#33 8 years ago

Oh the flippers still work though, just pretty much nothing else

#35 8 years ago

Yeah the game pretty much freezes. The displays turn off. You can launch the ball and flip the flippers but even when the ball goes back in the bottom it doesn't register it. When I look at the boards the leds act like they're frozen

#36 8 years ago

So I found a bad transistor and replaced it. Put my board back in and now when I turn it on it acts froxen come on but displays don't work and won't even recognize the start button. It's like when you turn them on and they hesitate and then they click and start. It hesitates but never does the click to start working

#37 8 years ago

Actually forget that, I got it to recognize the start button but as soon as the ball goes into the plunger lane display turn off, light turn off on playfield but not back board, and the only thing that works is the flippers

#39 8 years ago

Thank you!

#40 8 years ago

I will try that

#41 8 years ago

Hmm I can't even get it to go into attract mode. I turn it on and all the lights come on but it never clicks to go into attract mode.

1 week later
#43 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

When you say ALL the lights come on, you mean the general illumination, right?
Nothing comes on that is under MPU control like the displays, attract mode feature lamps, etc, right?
And this is after you've swapped RIOTs, right?
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Yes that is correct

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LoserKid_Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazing-spider-man-help?tu=LoserKid_Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.