Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by bmschiizz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

I am working on an The Amazing Spider-Man with an odd MPU issue.

The game will boot and the playfield will be in attract mode, however a game cannot be started and the test switch does nothing.

the displays read 000000, then flash to 888888 briefly and go through this cycle continuously. The credits are also stuck at 8.
I found this post which indicated this means there is a problem with the 5101
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80-randomly-loses-parts-of-memory#post-6418123

Correct me if I am wrong but if the only problem was the 5101 then the game should still play?

The board appears to be mostly original, there was a dead cap battery with blocking diode that I removed, has the z36 fix, also did a slam tilt defeat

all of the address and data lines of the 5101 pulse.

Probably going to put in an nvram anyways. just wondering if something else is suspect to check for this issue.

1 month later
#2 9 months ago

I was able to trace this problem down to some broken coin door wires.

The return wire cuts out when the door opens more than 20%, causing the issue with the test button.

the replay wire is broken somewhere. the game will start by jumping the button to the strip in the cabinet

Turns out 8 was the maximum number of credits configured by the DIPs and everything else I mentioned is normal for a game without a battery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Saint Paul, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.