1 Before.JPG
3 Before.JPG
after.png
before.png
IMG_1874.jpg
IMG_3850.JPG
IMG_3845.JPG
IMG_3844.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinJer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 11 years ago

After reading this post, I just purchased a video amplifier and can not wait to see the difference. The site says they will not re-open and ship until January 7th but thats ok. Now I just have to figure out what kind of amp that I have and hope it is a WG. Is there any easy way to distinguish the type of monitor without having to look deep into the cabinet?

#43 11 years ago

Did anyone ever get a chance to take a step-by-step video and post it somewhere on how to install the video amplifier from start to finish? Mine just arrived a few days ago and the pinball tech has not responded to me so I figure I might take a shot at it if there was a video. Thanks.

#57 11 years ago

Excellent video my man! Thank you again for posting this as I wanted to save a few bucks on hauling my tech out here to do something so simple. Here goes nothing!

#61 11 years ago

-Wxforecaster-

What size of Trifercon pins did you use for your molex connector? I purchased the same 10-point pin molex connector but the trifercon pins that I bought from my local radio shack are too big to fit into the connector itself. I have it all rigged up just like you do but can not get the wires into that darn molex cable without wondering if the connection would be bad. Any advice or wisdom would help. Thanks.

#63 11 years ago

Thank you Evan for pointing me in the right direction. I agree with you that I too do not want to cut up the original harness just in case. I ordered both parts you recommended above and when they arrive, I will crimp it all together and let you know how it works! If all else fails, I'll send it up to you for the expert to Frankenstein together. haha. I'd pay you. Thank you again for all of your help and support.

#66 11 years ago

Thanks to the fast shipping of Big Daddy Pinball parts, my molex connectors and trifercon pins came in tonight. As others have stated, the video amplifier by Ultimarc is the greatest $20 modification you can buy... It looks so much better in person but wanted to post a few pictures. Thanks again to Evan for the video and all who helped!

2.jpg2.jpg RFM_3.jpgRFM_3.jpg RFM_1.jpgRFM_1.jpg

#68 11 years ago

Yes, and the picture on the right is when I first plugged it in with my old seting so the settings were blasted. Now, I have everything aligned, adjusted, and it is so sweeeet!

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Would you take that same picture now that you have adjusted it? I'm tempted to do this mod, but not if I lose details or colors or if the black backgrounds look washed out. I simply want it to pop more.

Yes, I will post it up here in about an hour or so. Like I shared with Evan, once you get it adjusted correctly, the colors "pop" more and give the machine a better overall appeal. I will take photos of the different scenes and let you base your judgement on them. For $20 + shipping, a few dollars in molex connectors and trifercon pins, find some wire, and throw it together and it is the best mod for the machine (imo), excluding those sweet rotating saucers ($250). If you make your own harness and realize that the brightness is not for you, just plug the old one back in, and keep flippin' away.

#73 11 years ago

The photo's below were taken with an Iphone 5 camera so they give you an idea of a sharper, bolder image. As many have said, you really have to see it in person to see the real proof in the pudding with the modification. I will post a video on YouTube (and here) in a little bit.

7.jpg7.jpg 1.jpg1.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 6.jpg6.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

That does look really nice! Thanks for the pics. Great scores, too!

Thanks man! I enjoy playing the machine and it helps me lock down my flipper skills for this years tournaments. I was playing with my left hand and trying to snap pics with my phone with my right so you can see that some of them are a tad blurry.

2 weeks later
#79 11 years ago

I had the opportunity to post up a video real quick showing a little bit of the Ultimarc Monitor, as well as some of the extra's on my RFM. Hope this helps with giving you an idea of what it looks like.

<---- Video Link

1 month later
#86 11 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

PinJer, could you post or PM me your LED list?

What is going on my man? To be honest with you, I turned on my machine and just wrote down how many reds, clears, greens, etc... I wish I still had the list but it consisted of 3 post it notes that I threw away. lol.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Your "Launch Ball", button needs a new bulb PinJer...

I know, right!? I have a new start button I need to put on and I need to put 2 LED's in both the launch button and start button. I appreciate you looking at the video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (OBO)
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinJer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazing-rfm-video-mod?tu=PinJer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.