(Topic ID: 72791)

Amazing Pinball Community - And big thanks to Pantor80!

By daveispinball

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pantor80
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    3.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveispinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

For about two years I have been searching for someone that had prototype ROMs in their TMNT. About 5 months ago Pantor80 posted something on this forum. He had a TMNT in storage and had noticed it was 'different.' DugFreez on RGP remembered my earlier post and directed Pantor80 to me. He sent me a message in June and was persistent as I hadn't logged on in a while. We got to talking and indeed he had a prototype like me. Now Pantor80 owes me nothing, lives in Norway (I'm in Maryland), and had nothing to gain; but he went out and bought a ROM dumper and copied his ROMs and emailed them to me. He wanted nothing in return other than knowing he helped me out big!

I contacted Johnwartjr and asked him to use Pantor80's files to burn me a set. Today was the big day as the ROM chips finally came... I dropped them in... AND... YES! Two of a kind working in the world! Prototype TMNTs with a captive coil in the back of the playfield.

Over the last few months I have swapped out a power supply board at a great suggestion of LOTR_breath on a post on pinside here for some crazy issues I was having. I bought them from a distributor on ebay (but Rottendog version). I also bought some LEDs from Cointaker and installed them to brighten up and color out the machine. I have also ordered some new TMNT figures as my pin lacked them when I bought it off craigslist about 2 years ago.

I also exchanged emails with a few of you as I tried to increase my tech savvy.

All and all... a huge thank you to the community. Most of all, wow and thank you to Pantor80 for his diligence in tracking me down and burning me his ROMs!!!

Pics of it tricked out are below.

1.JPG1.JPG2.JPG2.JPG3.JPG3.JPG4.JPG4.JPG5.JPG5.JPG6.JPG6.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveispinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazing-pinball-community-and-big-thanks-to-pantor80?tu=daveispinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.