Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ccotenj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Canada2.jpg
    canada dry.jpg
    FB_IMG_1427474371330.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

For those who don't read some of the other threads, check out this video from the news yesterday.

Truly an amazing game.

The collector Bob Herbison also in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9fyZemmIE1Q?autoplay=1&rel=0

#2 9 years ago

I saw a pic from the other thread...that thing is amazing.

#3 9 years ago

That's awesome. Also, this had to be the first media coverage of any pinball event or anything related to pinball that I've ever seen or read, where they did NOT use the word "WIZARD" even once!!! That in itself is amazing!

#4 9 years ago

Saw one at TPF this weekend.
    interesting! . It was Superstraight by Sonic.
    I have one, "wood version, not plexi". and love to play it.
    hope to see more.

#6 9 years ago

It is pretty cool the way the plexi acts as a conductor for the color-changing LEDs(?) Amazing patience to build something like this.....

#7 9 years ago

Don't wanna rain on anybody's parade here... but I think it should 'at least' be noted... that Wade Krause did this something like, what... four or five years ago?? Six or seven years ago??

Just like to give credit... where credit is due.

#8 9 years ago

That's amazing. I am not sure if that's the same one, but the Pacific Pinball museum also has an acrylic machine.

#9 9 years ago

Absolutely! Wade's transparent Surf Champ creation was the inspiration for this one.

Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Don't wanna rain on anybody's parade here... but I think it should 'at least' be noted... that Wade Krause did this something like, what... four or five years ago?? Six or seven years ago??
    Just like to give credit... where credit is due.

#10 9 years ago

Was fun just to watch people play the game. I enjoyed that almost as much as playing it myself.

#11 9 years ago

For all those thinking they might want an EM but have never owned one, just look at all those moving parts! It's a beautiful thing.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Absolutely! Wade's transparent Surf Champ creation was the inspiration for this one.

They had the transparent & regular Surf champs side by side @ the NW pin show last year. Played both.

#13 9 years ago

I love this pin! I could justify 6500.00 on this over whoa nellie any day!

#14 9 years ago

In France, we have a CANADA DRY :

canada dry.jpgcanada dry.jpg

Canada2.jpgCanada2.jpg

Here is the process of the conversion :

http://www.flipjuke.fr/flipper-transparent-plexiglass-france-t76942.html

----------------------------------------------------

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
    Gottlieb SPACE WALK
    You find, you win : REWARD USD 500

http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

#15 9 years ago

oh man, i would LOVE something like this...

someone should make and sell acrylic cabs as a flatpack... i know i would not be able to resist purchasing one...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazing-game-acrylic-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.