(Topic ID: 34908)

Amazed at....

By coasterguy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

How many new pinsiders are showing up. It seems the threads are loaded with new folks. So awesome for pinball. Just a few minutes ago 326 pinsiders online at once. That is the highest I've ever seen. Maybe Robin can chime in on the most ever at one time. Just a year or so ago it was odd to see it go over 100 at any given time. Good for us. Thanks Robin!

#2 11 years ago

how can u tell how many are online

#3 11 years ago

Forum main page scroll down. left side. 327 right now.

#4 11 years ago

#5 11 years ago

thank u

#6 11 years ago

335 we are multiplying by the minute! ok ill stop. sorry.

#7 11 years ago

And people wonder why prices are rising. Demand is growing, so pins get more expensive. Despite that, it is great to see so many new members! Pinball is getting out of its sick bed.

#8 11 years ago

it is ok lol

#9 11 years ago

341.... holy multi-balls

#10 11 years ago

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

And people wonder why prices are rising. Demand is growing, so pins get more expensive

Maybe there CAN be 2-3 major companies producing pins afterall? Needs to stay in the $5-6k range

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Maybe there CAN be 2-3 major companies producing pins afterall? Needs to stay in the $5-6k range

Yeah, I think that increasing the supply of new and expensive pins may take some pressure off the used pin market. Why? Because buyers who can and then do meet the high NIB prices will divert their money from the used pin market, opening it up a bit for other buyers.

#13 11 years ago

Today is a holiday and therefor many of us are off work, and are spending our time on our favorite websites

#14 11 years ago

For what it is worth - I think many are from RGP.

#15 11 years ago

Oh yeah, is it still down? Your RGPers are all welcome here. We are a fun crowd.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Oh yeah, is it still down?

Ummmm, RGP isn't down.

One of the internet portals rgparchive might be.

LTG : )

#17 11 years ago

Agree love seeing more people getting into pinball

#18 11 years ago

There must be an explanation...

Got it!

"The Pin"

Nuff said...

Chris

#19 11 years ago

It is fantastic seeing the place grow. I love all the new faces. Cool to see folks who are new to pinside, but old to the hobby as well as new faces to the hobby

#20 11 years ago

I have noticed the number of people online typically hovers just below 300 on any given evening, but great to see it even higher during holidays. Glad to see the hobby and pinside continue to grow!

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

And people wonder why prices are rising. Demand is growing, so pins get more expensive. Despite that, it is great to see so many new members! Pinball is getting out of its sick bed.

I hope this means demand finds its way to Stern/JJP. Could mean more pins being made in turn would mean lower prices.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

I hope this means demand finds its way to Stern/JJP. Could mean more pins being made in turn would mean lower prices.

Yes, I think so. Avengers appears to be a solid game in both versions, and WOZ has over 1,300 presales so far.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

My opinion on that is "fat chance". Only way is a third party starts making machines who is not greed-crazed.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Only way is a third party starts making machines who is not greed-crazed.

Predator qualifies. They're not making many units, but maybe their second effort will be many more pins.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

Demand usually increases pricing.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

Demand usually increases pricing.

Yes but an increased supply could drive the prices down.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazed-at and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.