Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Clytor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

075BB8DE-E647-4D4E-BB57-36972DE84F0F (resized).png
    87CB59C3-7957-4A3F-8AF7-B3A4750162CF (resized).png
    3DD19491-7500-4B56-8F0E-AC445B6F437E (resized).jpeg
    F2C82524-6753-4B77-AE83-E2A79CABFD65 (resized).jpeg
    3C38726C-5B0C-4DBF-BC04-B9C4E7B0FCCD (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

Just sold my dad's HAM stuff, all in very nice shape for pennies on the dollars. Plus I was just at an estate sale where a guy had even more....tables and tables of the stuff. The cherry pickers were in there buying the best stuff for pennies on the dollars as well and the family did there research on the stuff ahead of time for prices but there were so few people interested in it that they would sell it for any amount they could get out of it just to make it go away. Sad really. Of all the people I know, there are only two that are even slightly interested in HAM stuff. If it's not a cell phone people today are not interested, you can't Tic Tok on the HAM radio gear.

John

#36 1 year ago

I noticed this too just walking through and being at the ham fest in kalamazoo trying to sell my dad's stuff there, everyone seemed grouchy to say the least. They would get pissed at me because I didn't want to sell the collection of stuff piece by piece, instead I wanted to sell it all as one lot and be done with it, no cherry picking. One guy pulled $400 out of his wallet and thought he was being more then generous and kept trying to hand it too me so he could take it all. I had done my homework on the stuff so I knew the values. Just one radio was worth even more then that, let alone the entire collection. After I kept telling him NO he shouts out "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH IT?". I said, "I'll take it all back home and put it back in the closet for that kind of money". Two weeks later I sold it all for $1200.
    Yeah there a ornery bunch for sure.
    John

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amateur-radio-affordability-?tu=dayhuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.