(Topic ID: 14570)

Am i the only one who talks to their pins?

By mojozone

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

viking11.jpg
    smiley-laughing.gif
    #1 12 years ago

Im not talking about when u drain a ball and you yell at it or give it the finger. I mean when u walk in the room or when your working on them. My Charlies must have found out that there may be a BK2K coming in, because she wasn't working correctly last night. I talked to her about being jelous of the new kid, and it would be allright. Then she worked perfectly. I hope im not the only insane one. Look for me next season on "My weird obsession"

#2 12 years ago

You're not the only one - I'll flat-out admit it. Whenever I'm working on them, I threaten them . When I'm cleaning them, I carefully grabs parts with cloths and clean and say things like "Oh you like that don't you?" as if it's a pet or something .

I know, I know - it's an inanimate object. Still, it provides me a light heart and a good laugh. Isn't that how we are supposed to enjoy our lives ?

Life is good.

#3 12 years ago

No that's not normal seek help.....

#4 12 years ago

No that's not normal seek help..... , smiley-laughing.gifsmiley-laughing.gif

I Curse mine dur-n game play , but no sweet talk ..

#5 12 years ago

Mine mostly get cussed out while playing, but also when I'm struggling to reach a lamp socket or I'm having difficulty with a minor repair.

My poor pins, they only get yelled at. If they had any self-esteem at all, they'd pack up and leave me!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

My poor pins, they only get yelled at. If they had any self-esteem at all, they'd pack up and leave me!

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from SDFworker:

No that's not normal seek help.....

+1, I seem to recall a character from a book saying "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious."

#8 12 years ago

No. You're a friggin weirdo, lol.

Of course, people who see me swearing and hollering at them probably think I'm weird too.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

You're not the only one

Thanks NPO

#10 12 years ago

About four in the morning when I'm repairing a game and things aren't going good I do a heck of a lot more than talk.

Once they hear the word "dumpster", they usually start coming around.

LTG

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Curse mine dur-n game play , but no sweet talk ..

I'm the same way during game play & repairs.

#12 12 years ago

I give my TFTC the finger cuss at JP

#13 12 years ago

I think my BOP is big slutty "B" and I don't think she likes me......the people I bought here from claim she had an attitude, and the wife hated her. At first I rocked her world, scoring billionaire club regularly, then her and my wife hit it off (my wife said they had a heart to heart talk), and I cannot score for jack. So yes, I call her one word names all the time...its a love hate thing. Stupid B...OP

I am serious by the way...

#14 12 years ago

I talk to my stock all the time. Mostly to call them "son of a whore", but I also tell them to behave, and tell them to be good when they sell. Yes, I'm insane. I also walk my cats on a leash, if you need proof.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

About four in the morning when I'm repairing a game and things aren't going good I do a heck of a lot more than talk. Once they hear the word "dumpster", they usually start coming around. LTG

Isn't it funny how much of a love hate thing accompanies this hobby? One second were dropping a monster score full of adrenaline and the next we are dropping a small screw into an abyss of wires and boards cursing like a sailor. Okay, maybe that's just me.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Okay, maybe that's just me. []

Nope.... That's pretty much everyone in this hobby

#17 12 years ago

the best is when you're playing Family Guy and one of the characters calls out exactly what you were thinking.....

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

my BOP is big slutty "B"

I think this should be a tshirt.

#19 12 years ago

Mojo,

I can't say I do that, but I sure do talk back to games like Road Show when playing them! That game, or any other funny games that I know way too well! But when fixing, or waking into the room... I can't say that I say hello. But it is inviting to go over and play any of them.

Got any plans soon?

-Aaron
    Pinball League & Tournaments of Iowa

#20 12 years ago

i talk to quorra and gem alot of the times when im out in the garage....

we get into alot of good roll playing fun. good times!

#21 12 years ago

"Im not talking about when u drain a ball and you yell at it or give it the finger. I mean when u walk in the room or when your working on them. My Charlies must have found out that there may be a BK2K coming in, because she wasn't working correctly last night. I talked to her about being jelous of the new kid, and it would be allright. Then she worked perfectly. I hope im not the only insane one. Look for me next season on "My weird obsession" '

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that when you were typing this up, there was probably a part of your brain telling you this was one of those things probably best not shared on a public forum. That being said, it's not the weirdest thing i've ever heard. I guess if you're supposed to be on medication, you might consider taking it again or maybe run this past someone next time. It's all good....unless you're a transvestite who keeps your pins in a deep pit in the basement....

"It puts the millwax on it's playfield or it gets the teardown again!"

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

"It puts the millwax on it's playfield or it gets the teardown again!"

excellent.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Im not talking about when u drain a ball and you yell at it or give it the finger. I mean when u walk in the room or when your working on them. My Charlies must have found out that there may be a BK2K coming in, because she wasn't working correctly last night. I talked to her about being jelous of the new kid, and it would be allright. Then she worked perfectly. I hope im not the only insane one. Look for me next season on "My weird obsession"

I don't talk to them but I keep my Sterns separate from the B/W titles so they don't attack each other when I leave the room.
    I have saved hundreds in repair costs this way.

#24 12 years ago

Sounds normal to me. I sing opera to them.

viking11.jpgviking11.jpg

#25 12 years ago

Man, no need to sell crazy; we are all stocked up here .

(stolen from Jack Nicholson)

#27 12 years ago

I think my TF has a demon inside it.

#28 12 years ago

talk to them but just don't be this guy...

#29 12 years ago

I talk to Homer's head on TSPP.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

About four in the morning when I'm repairing a game and things aren't going good I do a heck of a lot more than talk.
    Once they hear the word "dumpster", they usually start coming around.
    LTG

If I have a few that start acting up at the same time I drag a route beater into the room, rip the head off and kick the cab apart.
    All credit dots magically disappear and they quit screwing with me.
    When I fire up No Fear instead of laughing at me Skully compliments me on an excellent drain.

#31 12 years ago

talk to them but just don't be this guy...

hahaha...... the guy that was in love with his car!! classic ep of my strange addiction. that is one great show right there. one of my fav moments was when the guy was getting "intimate" with his red sports car, almost entirely under the front end of the car carressing and kissing it! crazy stuff.

#32 12 years ago

Sometimes when I have stuff to do around the house....I go down to the basement and walk into my game room area where they are all turned off....and look at my pins and smile...they make me happy I also breath in real heavy to get that great "pinball" smell....kind of wish I could roll around in it like catnip. When I walk back upstairs I always turn to look one more time before I lose sight of them....wink once...and always look behind me when I am at the top of the stairs hoping at least one had followed me up.

Siiiiigh....it never happens

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-who-talks-to-my-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.