(Topic ID: 55589)

Am I the only one who smells BS?

By skristof

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it a load of crap everytime a sell claims a stupid low number of plays?”

• Yep, Total BS 62 votes
      55%
    • Nope, everyone ever is the most honest person in the world 9 votes
      8%
    • I don't really give a crap because they are asking way too much money for that puppy. 42 votes
      37%

(113 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

w082326a.jpg
    ferrari.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from skristof:

So, I don't get it. Everytime I have ever seen ANYONE say:
    "HUO under 100 plays" "less than 30 plays" blah, blah, blah
    I think in my head, what a load of sh*t.
    I mean, I get a new game, I play it more than 20 time in the first frigging hour. And you mean to tell me you have had this game for 2,3,4,10, more years, and it has only ever had 30 games put on it? Clearly you didn't like the game , so why have you held onto your $4000 Brand new game, for so long.
    Maybe I am missing something, or maybe it really is just as much BS as I think it is...
    sorry, i just had to vent about this.

Well, I don't appreciate it when people like you don't believe it. My BSM and Tron LE both have under 100 plays on them. So did my TF and LOTR when I sold them. You don't know my current situation and whether or not my machines can be played at the moment, so who are you to question me and call it BS if I was going to sell one of these tomorrow and say it has under 100 plays? I know a lot of times people do lie and make up low numbers when it's not true, but in my situation it's legit and wouldn't appreciate someone questioning my honesty.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from skristof:

So maybe you can fill me in... Why buy a game, and barely play it for years?

In my situation I didn't buy them with intentions of not playing them, but made a promise to myself that I would remodel my gameroom first so they could all be setup nicely for enjoyment otherwise I knew it would never get done. It's a pet pieve of mine when I see someone who has a pinball collection of 10-100K in machines but their gameroom looks like a dungeon. But over the past few years more important things came up in my life and finishing the gameroom was put on the back burner. So when I get my games I typically wrap them up and put them in storage. Someday when my gameroom is done and they are all setup I expect to put a ton of plays on them and make up for lost time, trust me. But unfortunately for now they have to sit idle. I know my situation is not the norm but just wanted to show how it can happen. Even though I know I cannot play my games I still buy them when I find a title I want because there is no guarantee I will be able to get the ones I want down the road when my gameroom is done.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-who-smells-bs?tu=bojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.