(Topic ID: 288279)

Am I the only one who is playing less during the pandemic?

By Nokoro

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by c0wb0y
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

It seems like with everyone stuck at home during the pandemic, not spending money on vacations, etc. that pinball is surging, both in prices and sales. And, yet, I find myself playing less than ever before. My game room is now serving double duty as my home office, and frankly, I just don't want to be in there anymore during non-working hours. I try to go for walks as much as possible during breaks. While I always did that, I find getting outside all the more important now.

Anyone else feel like this? I still love pinball. I've just lost a bit of the motivation to play as much as I once did.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My machines don't live with me they are a 10 minute bike ride away. So it kind of helps that I have a different place to go and play / work on the games. It's almost like going out!!!!
    I did go a couple months without playing much but that happens in non pandemic times too.

That's a nice break.

We have a very nice finished basement which is the game room. It is one of the nicest rooms in the house. I used to love being down there after work or on weekends. However, now it's just the place where I spend all my time working away from the sun. It takes some of the desire away from playing pinball.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

This thread inspired me to go down to the basement and play a game last night after probably not having played a game of pinball in over a month. I chose LOTR and normally when I have not played LOTR in a while I do not make good progress toward Valinor the first couple games. Well, it turned out to be just one game, but an epic game. I grand championed and was just destroy the ring away from going to valinor. In destroy the ring the ball touched the slingshot only once and immediately threw it straight out the right outlane. I don’t usually play LOTR for score anymore so it was a huge game to top my grand champion. The one thing I did different was I completed There and Back Again which I usually don’t try to do.

Ha! Glad I could help.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-who-is-playing-less-during-the-pandemic?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.