You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TOTAN SS pst (resized).jpg
3zs8q5 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
20190324_101551 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 3 years ago

TOTAN blows.

It did when it was new, and it still does now.

Hard to believe this turd or the guy that designed it ever developed some kind of a fan club.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've never played it

Lucky! At least that you never wasted 50 cents on it.

Of all of J-Pop's games, the only one that ever made me want to spend more than that on was TOM, but even now after having owned one for a few months, I have no desire to play one again. It was very popular at several locations and seemed state of the art in 1995. Without being told who designed it at the time, TOTAN just seemed like a weak follow up, and the desire was never there to drop any more coins into it like I had TOM.

To be fair, apparently some of his games brought new blood with a flair for something different into the hobby.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Seems like totan is quiet popular

It is even more popular when quiet. lol.

A little over 3000 units made says it was not very popular on location or when it came out. Of course, no game from 1996 was really knocking them dead in sales or at the arcades.

I could feel the end coming when I first dropped coins in TOTAN. Was really hoping the next titles would be better, but besides MM, it really was signaling the pinball boom and greatness from the earlier part of the decade was over. CV with it's lackluster sales, blowout prices, and unfinished code like CC pretty much sealed the deal.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Pinball 2000 sealed the deal...

Almost forgot about that one. lol.

Yes, like with TOTAN, we were patiently waiting for Williams to get their shit back together and release something a true pinball player wanted to play, with some of the excitement and action their prior games had.

My exact words at the time "nice, but when can we expect to see another "real" pinball machine".

Apparently they sold a bunch of those though.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

haha i just traded in my JD for a TOTAN. upgrade for sure

Sorry for your loss.

Perhaps you could post about it in or start a Judge Dredd hate thread and go in there and rave about TOTAN.

Meanwhile, I'll try to think of a game I'd rather play less or look at than this turd.
CV is almost a push in that department. If I had one of those in my living room, either it or I would have to go.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

OP is only one month old here on Pinside and almost all his posts are about how he hates totan ...and attached to design with a new threat.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#91 3 years ago

Pretty fucking ugly too. And that continues with what I've seen of his latest. I don't ride a girl's bicycle and certainly don't want a game that looks like one.

But it was TOM's music that really started to grate on me after a while

#93 3 years ago

I suppose if I was a woman or *** I might like the look of it. Then I could put a CV right next it.

*Edited because I guess I broke some rule*

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

The artwork, theme and sound package are integrated to near perfection. The spinning lamp, the coffin-nail ball savers, the ramps, 3 magnets, the disappearing ball, the slashing sword sound of the slingshots, the colors and light show, the dots, the princesse's voice - c'mon.

3zs8q5 (resized).jpg3zs8q5 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
$ 119.99
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-who-hates-totan?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.