You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TOTAN SS pst (resized).jpg
3zs8q5 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
20190324_101551 (resized).jpg
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#102 3 years ago

I hate TOTAN because I don’t understand why most of the workers are newbies. Why didn’t Lawlor or Ritchie design it? Why did they leave sound in charge of Dave Zabriskie and not Dan Forden or Chris Granner? WTF Williams?? Why in the name of God did these f*gs kick out all the veterans??

#103 3 years ago

I hope this stops the comments telling me that I didn’t give a reason. Thank you.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Funny. OP is only one month old here on Pinside and almost all his posts are about how he hates totan ...and attached to design with a new threat. Are you claiming bad and hope it will decrease the price? What’s your point? Is all your pinball interest is about how you hate Totan?
Don’t play it. It doesn’t deserve your high maintenance.
Maybe start a new threat starting: «am I the only one who like... » you might enjoy your hobby better ...

I could do other things. I launched an art club in the Lounge, why not check that out?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

I hate TOTAN because I don’t understand why most of the workers are newbies. Why didn’t Lawlor or Ritchie design it? Why did they leave sound in charge of Dave Zabriskie and not Dan Forden or Chris Granner? WTF Williams?? Why in the name of God did these f*gs kick out all the veterans??

?? Were you born in 1996? Why not starting to enjoy things of life?

#106 3 years ago

Pretty game but incredibly easy. Don’t hate it but certainly not worth the money it commands.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

incredibly easy.

Respectfully disagree , had the game for 6 years and could not consistently make the tiger loops or make the ramp entrance with the right speed.Lucky to keep the 2 or 3 multiballs going for more than 30 seconds.Easy to hit the genie if the lamp was in the right position though.Only saw the skeletons on a few occasions.A lot more enjoyment from games like Addams or Whitewater for me when it comes to making shots.

Pretty game with a great sound and light show (almost blinding at times) OCD board needed? The spikes and sling sword sound was a great touch.I don't miss Totan but kinda wished I had've grabbed the TOM instead when I had the choice of the two at the time.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

?? Were you born in 1996? Why not starting to enjoy things of life?

I was born in 1997

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

I was born in 1997

Sorry. I forgot this is your 3rd account on pinside. My bad.
I think Totan price has now decrease value of 50% thanks to this. You can now get one.
Enjoy.

#110 3 years ago

TOTAN deserves a code update just like TOM..and Scared Stiff...No Fear...The Flintstones.. and many others

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

TOTAN deserves a code update just like TOM..and Scared Stiff...No Fear...The Flintstones.. and many others

For Totan there is one at least. Ongoing but that’s a hope.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

Why did they leave sound in charge of Dave Zabriskie and not Dan Forden or Chris Granner? Why in the name of God did these f*gs kick out all the veterans??

What's your bitch about the sound on ToTAN? Does it fit the theme and game TOO perfectly and that frightens you?

#113 3 years ago

TOTAN is one of Williams best games! The fact that you can beat it occasionally is a good thing. Its really got the total package except for that ugly ass transite. Nice that there are option for it.

TOTAN SS pst (resized).jpgTOTAN SS pst (resized).jpg
#114 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I never mind when I visit TOTAN. However I also would never own a TOTAN. It doesn't deserve to be 16th, but I gave up on the top 100 a long time ago. It is worthless. The only think worth while there is if I am considering a game, I will read the comments. Both here, and on IPDB. After you wade through the useless comments, and the shills, and the haters, and the manipulators, you will gain some really good info. For instance, in there I'm sure you would find that TOTAN is shallow. And that it can get boring in a home environment, but it is a fine game to visit when someone you know owns it, or at a tournament.
The only game actually worth of hate is Judge Dredd. Everything other game is just fine.

id take a judge dredd over a totan for gameplay, any day.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

id take a judge dredd over a totan for gameplay, any day.

Ouch

#116 3 years ago

JD is so ugly though

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

What's your bitch about the sound on ToTAN? Does it fit the theme and game TOO perfectly and that frightens you?

It doesn’t sound like a DCS. The sound quality, for whatever reason sounds inferior to the other DCS games. Dave didn’t pull out enough power from the sound system, so it sounds compressed.

#118 3 years ago

Wow, audio is great

#119 3 years ago

Yeah, the callouts with their subtle reverb and the music sound amazing for DCS. Put a sub with this game and it sounds phenominal.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

I was born in 1997

I'm sorry to hear that, but ur critique of TOTAN makes sense now.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm sorry to hear that, but ur critique of TOTAN makes sense now.

Hes definitely lying...

1 week later
#122 3 years ago

OK guys.. Some news to break.

I know a lot of people are bullshitting me for my opinion, but the thing is, it’s just an opinion. You are free to think however you want, so just respect my opinion, and I’ll respect yours. It’s OK if you hate IJPA, I get it. I’m not doing this so I piss people off, I’m just trying to give an honest opinion.

#123 3 years ago

I think your choosing the the word "hate" is a big part of the push back here. Almost all pinball machines are fun and the word hate should be reserved for the truly deserving few. Maybe TOTAN fits that category for you. To me I do not like TOTAN at all and would never buy one. It is a B or even C-title as far as WPC games go IMO. But in the real world I don't hate it. If I rented a cabin in the mountains and it came with a TOTAN on free play, I certainly would play it a couple of games a day and have fun FWIW. There are a select few games that I would not play in this situation and those are the ones that I suppose you could say I actually hate.

#124 3 years ago

Yep! Everyone else like it

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I think your choosing the the word "hate" is a big part of the push back here. Almost all pinball machines are fun and the word hate should be reserved for the truly deserving few. Maybe TOTAN fits that category for you. To me I do not like TOTAN at all and would never buy one. It is a B or even C-title as far as WPC games go IMO. But in the real world I don't hate it. If I rented a cabin in the mountains and it came with a TOTAN on free play, I certainly would play it a couple of games a day and have fun FWIW. There are a select few games that I would not play in this situation and those are the ones that I suppose you could say I actually hate.

Thanks. But if the game was in the mountain cabin I would probably throw it off with my bare hands. Your attitude towards TOTAN is like mine towards Elvis. Not great, but if you have nothing better to do, it could be OK.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

OK guys.. Some news to break.
I know a lot of people are bullshitting me for my opinion, but the thing is, it’s just an opinion. You are free to think however you want, so just respect my opinion, and I’ll respect yours. It’s OK if you hate IJPA, I get it. I’m not doing this so I piss people off, I’m just trying to give an honest opinion.

What is the point of your original post then exactly?

2 weeks later
#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What is the point of your original post then exactly?

I don’t think I explained myself well enough. I didn’t reveal enough info, which made me look rude. Of course I have more reasons! The thing is that I may look like a noob in the eyes of other Pinsiders, but I am just new to Pinside, yet familiar to pinball.

May God bless your soul.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 36.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 119.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-who-hates-totan/page/3?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.