You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TOTAN SS pst (resized).jpg
3zs8q5 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
20190324_101551 (resized).jpg
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

Hello all!

So I noticed something weird earlier while I was looking at the Top 100. I found TOTAN at 16th place, but I never liked it. I might be the only one, but I really do hate this game. I don’t want to feel obstinate so I invited you to please not make me so much of an opinion magnet.

Thank you.

#2 3 years ago

Why do you hate it?

I'm not a big fan of it, but my eyes don't bleed at the sight of it or anything

#3 3 years ago

I owned a very nice TOTAN for a while. It's a fun game to shoot, and it's undeniably beautiful with a great sound and light package. It's the shallow rules that keep it from being a top title for me.

#4 3 years ago

I don't hate it, but I also don't understand why it is rated so high either. I found gameplay to be a bit bland.

#5 3 years ago

I don't hate it but don't get the love for it either!
You are not alone

TOTAN has the looks for sure but it's boring as fuck too!
A really excruciating game to play in tournament...

#6 3 years ago

I owned one many years ago. It only lasted a month at home. Very easy game with awful rules. Beautiful though!

#7 3 years ago

You joined the forum today and that's your introduction?

#8 3 years ago

btw....beautiful game, one of the best sound packages ever. Sure it's not Lord of the Rings deep (thank god), but it's an "A" list game for a reason. Will be one of the last games standing if I ever totally leave the hobby.

#9 3 years ago

Not a fan. Always seems like a bit of a luck box to me, it has really stupid rules, and lots of places for balls to get stuck, a dumb repetitive skill shot, recycled 70s EM features that don't really belong on a 90s game, etc

Basically it's your prototypical Jpop game.

Why are people clamoring for this guy to start producing shitty, flashy, half-baked games again? I seriously don't get it. RAZA looks truly awful, so I guess everybody will get what they want.

#10 3 years ago

Totan is definitely a beautiful game,with a great sound and light show.Dont forget the lamp and nail bed ball saver cool as fuck.It’s a smooth shooting game with a lot of misdirection It’s a chick magnet too the women that come into my lair are all drawn to it

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Totan is definitely a beautiful game,with a great sound and light show.Dont forget the lamp and nail bed ball saver cool as fuck.It’s a smooth shooting game with a lot of misdirection It’s a chick magnet too the women that come into my lair are all drawn to it

What he said. Put a subwoofer on that mother if you really want to bring it to life. One of the best sound packages ever.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

What he said. Put a subwoofer on that mother if you really want to bring it to life. One of the best sound packages ever.

That’s the first thing I do.When I die my inheritance will be in sub woofers

#14 3 years ago

One of my favorites

#15 3 years ago

Never hated it, but never drawn to it either. I know other guys really like the sound package, but between the spinning lamp, and the missed skill shot, it's got two of my most annoying sounds in pinball.

-Hans

#16 3 years ago

I can't hate any pin. This one gets a lot of love and it's more about the presentation than anything I think. It's a gorgeous machine.

#17 3 years ago

Yeah the game has no theme, terrible music, no concept whatsoever. So who wants to sell me one?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

Hello all!
So I noticed something weird earlier while I was looking at the Top 100. I found TOTAN at 16th place, but I never liked it. I might be the only one, but I really do hate this game. I don’t want to feel obstinate so I invited you to please not make me so much of an opinion magnet.
Thank you.

I hope for rainbows and sunny days ahead for you during your covid lockdown.
I own this game and don't hate it.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I owned a very nice TOTAN for a while. It's a fun game to shoot, and it's undeniably beautiful with a great sound and light package. It's the shallow rules that keep it from being a top title for me.

I don't mind the gameplay but the sound package for me is like fingernails on a chalk board.

#20 3 years ago

I always felt it was more of a sideshow under glass than a pinball. Too many tricks and gimmicks. Once the truth about Popadick came out, I’ve just lost all respect for his titles. I know that’s having a narrow and shallow thought process, but I don’t care. It’s a fun game to play a few times once a year. As a man in the coin-op business, I like TOTAN from the perspective of its an easy sale when we have one one through.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I DID the same thing. He actually joined March 29th.
I hate TMNT , and dont care if stern makes a new version. I hate the original so bad I never want to play a Stern version.
Fyi- Ive never made a hate thread for the turtle's.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I always felt it was more of a sideshow under glass than a pinball. Too many tricks and gimmicks. .

That's the "Jpop Experience."

#23 3 years ago

I don't hate it because I think it has a lot of positive things aboot it. I don't like it because rules and game play aren't one of them.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

30 days ago it looks like

#24 3 years ago

I hated it. Every mode is pretty much the same.

#25 3 years ago

It looks pretty, but I was always left with feeling, meh I don’t get that “just one more game” feeling

#26 3 years ago

I never mind when I visit TOTAN. However I also would never own a TOTAN. It doesn't deserve to be 16th, but I gave up on the top 100 a long time ago. It is worthless. The only think worth while there is if I am considering a game, I will read the comments. Both here, and on IPDB. After you wade through the useless comments, and the shills, and the haters, and the manipulators, you will gain some really good info. For instance, in there I'm sure you would find that TOTAN is shallow. And that it can get boring in a home environment, but it is a fine game to visit when someone you know owns it, or at a tournament.

The only game actually worth of hate is Judge Dredd. Everything other game is just fine.

#27 3 years ago

I never liked the game either for so many years and not really sure why. Then I ended up buying one, just because it came up. Put in a colorDMD and it looked really nice. Played it for a month and then sold it (without the colorDMD). It just gets old real fast. But I don't hate it, Transformers, now there is a game I can't stand. Only game I just walked away from before the game was actually over. Ugh.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

Hello all!
Thank you.

I don't hate it but it's pretty boring for a top-100 game. Owned one for 4 years and after a while I only played it to hear the good music, see the lightshow and see if I could max the bonus for the cool countdown. Rules are worse than many solid-state games, let alone DMDs.

#29 3 years ago

I own a TOTAN currently. Not a game for a small collection thats for sure. But the game is fun to shoot.

#30 3 years ago

Id have to say yes.
Not being ur style? ok
But hate, I've never hated a pin. U put a very basic EM in my house I'm gonna get some joy out of it. Will it take some narcotics, maybe a few scotch and waters to do so. Certainly. but its joy none the less

#31 3 years ago

I owned one about a year ago. Don't really miss it. The game could use some tweeking.Shouldn't be able to make one shot to complete a mode. Didn't care for spinning the lamp either. I'd actually try to avoid it. None of this probably matters to the casual player though.

#32 3 years ago

I feel this another Democrat and Republican debate. Personal favorites do not what makes pinball machines more fun. Some l like Metallica Some like Iron Maiden. Some like Aerosmith. If everyone liked TOTAN. The price would go up and up and up. I am happy when I find a pin ,I like that everyone else hates. I only care if I like it!!!! I can buy it for cheap and enjoy the pinball machine!! Popularity does not make a pinball machine better. Why take time to tell us why you do not like a pin? Why not take the time to tell us the pinball machine you like? and why? Way more interesting and informative.

#33 3 years ago

I don't hate it but think it's ranked awfully high (might be because it's great art), I owned it for a time but didn't last in my collection. It's a B/B- in my book, good not great.

#34 3 years ago

Kinda a dumb post for a newbie, IMO.
There are games ranked higher than TOTAN in the top 100 that I would never own. And personally don’t like. But I respect them because this list is formed by a group. And a single person can’t hijack things and raise or sink a specific title. Though I think groups of people can impact ratings unfairly.
Since we don’t know anything about your taste, collection, or anything else it is hard for me to speculate why you would hate the game to the point of making this your first post? Artwork is top notch, sounds are great, it’s a fun flowing game with great loops on the ramps.
Since you hate it so much, I would challenge you come over to my place and see if you can beat me 3 out of 5.

If you want to trash a game, how about one that deserves it like Raven, haha. Just baiting the system 80 guys to chime in and hate me.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s the first thing I do.When I die my inheritance will be in sub woofers

Lmao!
I just about spit out my drink right there

#36 3 years ago

Thats it, you don't like it without giving reasons? Hey I hate Mustangs.

#37 3 years ago

Hate is a pretty strong word. I cant say there are any pins i "hate." There are certainly ones i like better than others. Honestly though...what are your favorites?

There are 2 highly rated games that arent my favorite either. I certainly dont hate them, but i would definitely rate them much lower than what others do. I wont mention them, however, because i dont want to hear the jeers.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

He actually joined March 29th.

So in addition to not knowing what day it is anymore, I've lost a month somewhere too.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

So in addition to not knowing what day it is anymore, I've lost a month somewhere too.

It's saptami

#40 3 years ago

So according to OP’s profile....beside being a new-ish member, is 23 y.o. and Totan is his 4th ranked favorite game.

Cue quote of Lion from WOZ- “I’m outta here”

#41 3 years ago

Well I'm glad that young people are getting into the hobby...new blood..er and driving up prices....wait..er
creating threads designed to light a fire of intellig..er... unrest and arguments...oh

GET OFF MY LAWN!!

#42 3 years ago

I do not hate it at all, but it is definitely #3 for me out of the jpop 3.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I do not hate it at all, but it is definitely #3 for me out of the jpop 3.

So which of his games made the coveted J Pop 3, for you? Because he has designed 5 for Bally William's and two more after.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So which of his games made the coveted J Pop 3, for you? Because he has designed 5 for Bally William's and two more after.

Well obviously SWe1 is out because its horrible

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Its a second account for him..

#46 3 years ago

As soon as its remade it will be in the top 5 .

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It wasn’t a horrible route game. It looks cool and is simple. Always earned well.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I consider the jpop 3 to be CV, Tom and Totan.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WCS never gets the respect it deserves.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

WCS never gets the respect it deserves.

WCS get thrown around every single thread for the last decade of great first games to own, that's enough IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 119.99
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-who-hates-totan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.