(Topic ID: 299402)

Am I the only one who doesn’t care anymore for a Tron VE?

By Trekkie1978

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

265D1F41-22B0-427C-BBFC-DD1C644AAA43 (resized).jpeg
4CEE9070-71F1-40AA-A72F-DD810B0F703B (resized).jpeg
DFFE4D07-44D2-4180-AE44-193594B88F4F (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210828_131312810 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210828_131449206 (resized).jpg
04329BBD-DE59-4E5B-A449-78B5B776F62B (resized).jpeg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

I have to say, I was one of the loudest supporters for a Tron VE. Ever since the first time I played it, everything about the game clicked. Shot perfectly. Theme integrated perfectly. The art is what the art is. The music and sounds are perfect. Easy rule set to learn.

Now, that’s where the problem comes in. One of my friends has a Tron. The other night at his house, I put a few games on it. 6 or 7. I made it to Portal twice and Sea of Simulation another 2 times.

I ended up getting bored with the game. I’d like to think I’m between very good and excellent at pinball. It got me thinking that if I’m constantly getting to see pretty much the whole game half the times I play it, will this be a game I want to own?

To the few who say the code is the weak link to Tron…I understand exactly what you mean now.

Just saying I’m officially off of the Tron VE bandwagon and if the game does get released, I will pass.

Last night, I finally got to open my Deadpool LE. I’d rather save for my floor space for games like that. I can’t see myself ever getting tired of playing it.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

…I’d like to think I’m between very good and excellent at pinball. It got me thinking that if I’m constantly getting to….

I’d like to think I’m between a novice to mediocre player. I’ll probably be entertained by my Tron for quite some time!

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

can’t see myself ever getting tired of playing it.

You will...

#4 2 years ago

Overrated game. Cool lights and sound...but so many better games these days

#5 2 years ago

Its allot like the remake Tron movie... great looking but kinda meh

Certainly not the worst game but deserving of all the hype and crazy prices?? nah

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Overrated game. Cool lights and sound...but so many better games these days

Are you referring to Deadpool LE or Tron? Cosmo was responding to a comment about Deadpool LE.

#7 2 years ago

Since they aren’t going to vault any DMD games again that’s good news for you.

#8 2 years ago

Edit: CrazyLevi beat me to it.

#9 2 years ago

I think the game is absolutely amazing. A fine example of modern pinball.

That said, there are a few others that do it for me too.

I enjoy it when I see it.
I also was holding out for a vault edition or something, but my interest has waned. If they made a retro tron game that be awesome, but if they don’t…

I’ll live I think. I was once obsessed a bit and wanted it. Now, we’ll see.

Still an amazing theme for a pin and a fine example of how modern pinball can come together, seemingly like magic.

04329BBD-DE59-4E5B-A449-78B5B776F62B (resized).jpeg04329BBD-DE59-4E5B-A449-78B5B776F62B (resized).jpeg
#10 2 years ago

If they were able to add more depth to the code, then I’d probably go for it.

Iron man code isn’t deep…but the game is so challenging that it keeps you coming back for more.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Since they aren’t going to vault any DMD games again that’s good news for you.

That's news to me. Was that officially announced? They just did another run of Iron Man Vault last year. I got one NIB here recently.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

That's news to me. Was that officially announced? They just did another run of Iron Man Vault last year. I got one NIB here recently.

If they produced a run of iron Man VE in 2020,
That’s indeed news to me. I thought the last run was several years ago. Just because you got one last year doesn’t mean it was built Last year.

Check the back of your machine and get back to us please! The build date should be clearly visible on the serial number sticker.

#13 2 years ago

I’m still waiting. Insta buy for me. I have no interest in turtles or AIQ or or Mando or LZ …. I’ll buy Tron tho. It’s simple rules but fun gameplay like AFM

#14 2 years ago

Owned one for a lot less time than I normally keep games. It would be fine in a larger collection, but was an easy decision to sell mine and pick up DP instead. No regrets.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Now, that’s where the problem comes in. One of my friends has a Tron. The other night at his house, I put a few games on it. 6 or 7. I made it to Portal twice and Sea of Simulation another 2 times.

You are either a stunning player OR the game was setup easy. Getting to Portal twice in 6 games is REALLY tough on the 3 TRONS I've owned.

TRON VE is a silly idea...plenty of games were produced.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

TRON VE is a silly idea...plenty of games were produced.

They go for quite a bit on the used market, though. The demand is there for new sales IMO.

If I was at stern, it would be a choice.

But, they have so many already. Like avengers. Iron Maiden. Jurassic.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

They go for quite a bit on the used market, though. The demand is there for new sales IMO.
If I was at stern, it would be a choice.
But, they have so many already. Like avengers. Iron Maiden. Jurassic.

Understood. I sold a TRON LE recently, and a modded Pro a few years ago. I still have a heavily modded Pro in my collection...one of my favorite games.

This idea that Stern would be motivated by elevated prices for some of it's titles is misguided. No matter what games they produce, they make money. In fact, they make more money on recently engineered games (since they've been cheapening the games while raising prices). Compare TSPP (2004) "world under glass" with the recent releases.

If they produce a TRON VE today with all the bells and whistles collectors have added, the game wouldn't be "cheap"!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s indeed news to me. I thought the last run was several years ago. Just because you got one last year doesn’t mean it was built Last year.
Check the back of your machine and get back to us please! The build date should be clearly visible on the serial number sticker.

They did and it has the bigger magnets in them, unlike the 2014 & 2015 Vaults.

Wasn’t Star Trek vault last year too?

#19 2 years ago

Years and years ago, I added an LCD mod to the virtual version of Stern's Tron. A complete game changer (just for the joy of seeing Gem and Quorra in glorious HD video). So a Tron VE with an LCD upgrade, improved code and new features. Oh yes. Just a remake of the same old game? Forgetaboutit.

#20 2 years ago

never cared.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

IMG_20210828_131312810 (resized).jpgIMG_20210828_131312810 (resized).jpgIMG_20210828_131449206 (resized).jpgIMG_20210828_131449206 (resized).jpg
#22 2 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Checkmate Crazylevi

#23 2 years ago
DFFE4D07-44D2-4180-AE44-193594B88F4F (resized).jpegDFFE4D07-44D2-4180-AE44-193594B88F4F (resized).jpeg
#24 2 years ago

I liked Tron better when it was called Funhouse!

#25 2 years ago

Can never have enough Tron, Let’s see a JJP, or American pinball… or someone else take a shot of a new version if stern is done with it…. It must have daft punk soundtrack…. Everything else can be different

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Checkmate Crazylevi

Levi’s been convinced for years that Stern is over Vaults. Though I hadn’t heard him limit it to “no more DMD Vaults” before, so maybe he thinks a Stars is in our future.

If things keep going like they are now, where Stern can’t even fill existing demand for the new titles, then Levi’s probably right so long as that lasts. If they ever have a lull though, doing a remake of a popular title like Tron or LOTR would seem like an obvious way to make guaranteed sales.

But I’m not willing to bet an ass-tattoo on it.

#27 2 years ago

Levi...the pinball legend in his own mind

#28 2 years ago

Tron is a beautiful game. It reminds me a lot of TOTAN. It’s got nice flowy ramps and clean shots, but that makes it kinda not overly hard and not something that’s should be VE.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Your CSI has Tron side blades. That's cool.

#30 2 years ago

Retro TRON would be the way to go. Same layout, different art and media package. Tweaked rules. Maybe make the drop targets from the LE part of it too.

Have modified mini-games on the screen from the original arcade game.

GG you hear me?? Make my dreams come true!!

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They were already installed when I purchased the machine. I thought they looked like they might be Tron art blades but I wasn't 100% sure. Maybe an odd choice, but they do look all right in the game.

#32 2 years ago

Your buddy has his machine set up too easy.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven’t played CSI since it came out. Don’t even remember how it played. Rare game.

#34 2 years ago

Phil doesn’t care anymore.

4CEE9070-71F1-40AA-A72F-DD810B0F703B (resized).jpeg4CEE9070-71F1-40AA-A72F-DD810B0F703B (resized).jpeg
#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Phil doesn’t care anymore.

265D1F41-22B0-427C-BBFC-DD1C644AAA43 (resized).jpeg265D1F41-22B0-427C-BBFC-DD1C644AAA43 (resized).jpeg
#36 2 years ago

Stern can’t even keep up with the current demand… I don’t see them doing any vault editions anytime soon.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have to say, I was one of the loudest supporters for a Tron VE. Ever since the first time I played it, everything about the game clicked. Shot perfectly. Theme integrated perfectly. The art is what the art is. The music and sounds are perfect. Easy rule set to learn.
I ended up getting bored with the game. I’d like to think I’m between very good and excellent at pinball. It got me thinking that if I’m constantly getting to see pretty much the whole game half the times I play it, will this be a game I want to own?
To the few who say the code is the weak link to Tron…I understand exactly what you mean now.
Just saying I’m officially off of the Tron VE bandwagon and if the game does get released, I will pass.
Last night, I finally got to open my Deadpool LE. I’d rather save for my floor space for games like that. I can’t see myself ever getting tired of playing it.

You playing 5 ball?

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You playing 5 ball?

3 ball.

I’m an excellent player and I find Tron to be an easy shooting game.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m an excellent player and I find Tron to be an easy shooting game.

That’s awesome.

#40 2 years ago

I don't care. Lot's of better games than Tron.

#41 2 years ago

Best game ever. The layout is simple but satisfying, the software is easy to understand and challenging to master. Wizard mode is attainable for most players. It would be a pity if more people wouldn't be able to own it.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You are either a stunning player OR the game was setup easy.

I read someplace that he's between very good to excellent at pinball.......

#43 2 years ago

Recently sold mine. Nobody liked it but me, and I had seen everything there was to see except Portal. Once I saw that the game never really "ends" when you complete Portal, I didn't see any reason to keep it. Thoroughly bling-ed out, is it a stunning-looking machine? You bet. But like some beautiful JJP games, looking at it gets old when you don't want to hit the Start button anymore and need room for a new game.

In an entirely unrelated note, I can kick Trekkie1978 's ass in pinball.

#44 2 years ago

I never "got" the love of the Tron theme. Movies are awful.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Good point. I remembered loving it in the 80s as a kid. Rewatched it recently and it was so boring it was almost unwatchable. The new movie was terrible but better in 3D and after you've played the pinball machine. And a game should never make movie more palatable.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And a game should never make movie more palatable.

Says a man that has never watched Johnny Mnemonic or Shadow. LOL

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good point. I remembered loving it in the 80s as a kid. Rewatched it recently and it was so boring it was almost unwatchable.

It was the time it was made, for me.

I loved the old dune and blade runner.

There are just dozens of films from the year, for me.

I remember my three children found tron original too boring to watch about six years ago. I was unable to disagree at the time.

#48 2 years ago

The awesomeness of heavy metal for instance.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've never seen a TRON movie, but it's one of my favorite games. OTOH, LZ was a dream band theme for me and the pin is a dud. Go figure.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've never seen a TRON movie, but it's one of my favorite games. OTOH, LZ was a dream band theme for me and the pin is a dud. Go figure.

Agreed. I've never watched Baywatch, but it's a keeper for me and my wife.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
12,028 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-who-doesnt-care-anymore-for-a-tron-ve?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.