(Topic ID: 299402)

Am I the only one who doesn’t care anymore for a Tron VE?

By Trekkie1978

53 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by MasterBlaster
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

265D1F41-22B0-427C-BBFC-DD1C644AAA43 (resized).jpeg
    4CEE9070-71F1-40AA-A72F-DD810B0F703B (resized).jpeg
    DFFE4D07-44D2-4180-AE44-193594B88F4F (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210828_131312810 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210828_131449206 (resized).jpg
    04329BBD-DE59-4E5B-A449-78B5B776F62B (resized).jpeg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 49 days ago

Congo makes a much better pinball machine than it does movie.

#52 49 days ago

lots of chipped wood around the plug hole for a one year old game . looks as good as a JJP pooling post . good thing its in the back and no one cares . but hard to prove that is the back of the IM . ha

Quoted from kst8cat:[quoted image][quoted image]

#53 49 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Congo makes a much better pinball machine than it does movie.

Thanks!

#54 49 days ago
    Quoted from TwilightZone:

Says a man that has never watched Johnny Mnemonic or Shadow. LOL

Or Congo.

#55 49 days ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Agreed. I've never watched Baywatch, but it's a keeper for me and my wife.

I was with you; I never watched it growing up. However, my wife was a huge fan. It was fun for us to go back and watch the series. Plot lines were goofy, but the views were good.

#56 49 days ago

I have owned the Tron Arcade for 24 years now. I dressed up as Tron for Halloween one year. I am a huge fan of the franchise. I agree with you 100%. The music is cool but the excitement wore out very quickly and the recognizer cd disc is stupid. I would rather have Funhouse.

#57 49 days ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

lots of chipped wood around the plug hole for a one year old game . looks as good as a JJP pooling post . good thing its in the back and no one cares . but hard to prove that is the back of the IM . ha

I just purchased and unboxed that IM a couple of weeks ago. The distributor had two left in inventory from last year, so I asked my buddy (RY4BO on Pinside) if he wanted to buy the other one because he routes games in Wichita. He said yes, so the other new IM is on route at Lucky's Bar. Only defect or issue I see with it is small wrinkles in the cabinet decals right next to the flippers and under the lockdown bar. Not a huge deal, but still kind of annoying.

#58 48 days ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Retro TRON would be the way to go.

This would be the only VE that interests me ... a Tron pin with 1980s art/sound effects/music from the old arcade games mixed with newer music would be slick.

Didn't George Gomez start out at Bally working on Tron?

#59 48 days ago

I used to be hot for a Tron but compared to the newer Sterns the game is a real dog in terms of gameplay. The new code is just miles ahead of the old Sam games. I'm over it. Beautiful game, fun to play for a short time but no longevity in my eyes.

#60 48 days ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I just purchased and unboxed that IM a couple of weeks ago. The distributor had two left in inventory from last year, so I asked my buddy (RY4BO on Pinside) if he wanted to buy the other one because he routes games in Wichita. He said yes, so the other new IM is on route at Lucky's Bar. Only defect or issue I see with it is small wrinkles in the cabinet decals right next to the flippers and under the lockdown bar. Not a huge deal, but still kind of annoying.

The offering at Lucky’s is top notch right now. I hope to put a few more plays on IM this week, as I was a bit too enamored with GnR to make it back over to IM when I was there last week

#61 48 days ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

I used to be hot for a Tron but compared to the newer Sterns the game is a real dog in terms of gameplay. The new code is just miles ahead of the old Sam games. I'm over it. Beautiful game, fun to play for a short time but no longevity in my eyes.

Yep. It's really the mod community that made Tron popular, in my opinon. I owned one and enjoyed it, but was getting to Portal quiet often, so it left. Tron was the last pin of the "lean years" at Stern, I think. Every game from Avatar to Tron had pretty much the same exact base rules with only minor tweaks to fit the themes.

#62 48 days ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

I have had my Tron Pro for 2 years. After the Tron, I got DP, AIQ, IMDN, JP. They all left. I find Tron more fun. And I am very demanding on the code of a pinball. For me the best code is still TWD.

#63 48 days ago

Would Stern have to renew the license to do a VE? If yes then I can’t imagine there is justification to spend the dollars. I’m a lover of all things Tron and would be thrilled to see a VE or as someone else mentioned a re-theme with the original movie, but I think there just aren’t enough fans out there. It seems like the only time that The Mouse cares about Tron is when someone else cares about Tron. Most of the time the property just sits in their dustbin, but then when someone seems remotely interested it’s like their most precious unique property ever and you’d better pay up. It’s like the dude at the bar who wants you to look at his hot girlfriend and then gets mad when you look at his hot girlfriend.

#64 48 days ago

I dont think it will ever happen...

LOTR I think could work because the art could be way better and there would be reasons to buy it.

Tron if they dont change the game would still be just an OK game with great art. I am not sure what they could do to entice people to buy one.

Make one just with the chicks from the reboot movie?? worked the first time I guess with the backglass.

#65 48 days ago

dupe

#66 48 days ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I dont think it will ever happen...
    LOTR I think could work because the art could be way better and there would be reasons to buy it.
    Tron if they dont change the game would still be just an OK game with great art. I am not sure what they could do to entice people to buy one.
    Make one just with the chicks from the reboot movie?? worked the first time I guess with the backglass.

I just want to put the Tron chicks translite on all my games.

#67 48 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I just want to put the Tron chicks translite on all my games.

My Tron was the run right before they included 2 translights. Argh. Mine had the CLU but no chicks rolled up inside.

#68 48 days ago

It’s still kind of on my watch list, but i think we’re in a new Golden age for pinball and tron is a little before this new era. Kinda like an earthshaker after taf came out, sweet game but things have improved.

#69 48 days ago

At some point I would think that the lessening demand for SAM system parts would cause the price to reach a level where it just doesn’t even make sense to continue producing VE’s with SAM.

#70 48 days ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

This would be the only VE that interests me ... a Tron pin with 1980s art/sound effects/music from the old arcade games mixed with newer music would be slick.
    Didn't George Gomez start out at Bally working on Tron?

Yes Gomez made Tron. I have started playing this last week and gives a glimpse of what a classic version would be like. I think the sound bytes and music are better. There is more to work with,MCP cone, Sark, and solar sails. The flash going off on the slings is absolutely genious like the disc reflecting in the movie. They need to implement it in the game as a mod or a future Tron.

#71 48 days ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Yes Gomez made Tron. I have started playing this last week and gives a glimpse of what a classic version would be like. I think the sound bytes and music are better. There is more to work with,MCP cone, Sark, and solar sails. The flash going off on the slings is absolutely genious like the disc reflecting in the movie. They need to implement it in the game as a mod or a future Tron.

Holy moly, what system is this on? Wondering if my brother can load it onto his Legends machine…that would be uh-MAZE-ing!

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside