Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 9.21.25 PM (resized).png
F This Cat.gif
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1 (resized).jpg
Flat earth asteroid.gif
R (2).gif
Baby Yoda .gif
bunny (resized).png
spartyno_luke.0 (resized).jpeg
There are 703 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.
#501 9 months ago

I've never understood these types of posts. Someone wants to turn a profit on the purchase and eventual resale of a rare game. But then is upset if someone else (Stern) decides to make money on the machine they actually build?

#502 9 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

That's an interesting observation - is it or isn't it?
If I go to stamp or coin collecting conventions but don't actually OWN any, am I "in the hobby"? Or merely an enthusiast?
I feel a new thread coming on.......

That’s why this hobby is better than any other. No ownership required. It has so many facets.

#503 9 months ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

It’s never leaving my basement so re sale is not part of the equation. I don’t care about re sale. If you read my post you would understand why. Just like my Addams and TZ. It’s not about the resale it’s about being exclusive.

Your parents failed.

#504 9 months ago

Youtube link no music (copyright)

Original link with music
https://starwarsintrogenerator.com/scroller?u=ytbs7k7l

#505 9 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

If I go to stamp or coin collecting conventions but don't actually OWN any, am I "in the hobby"? Or merely an enthusiast?

Not sure.
The best player at the Silverball Museum in NJ does not own a single machine, but plays a few hours weekly.
I believe he’s in the hobby.

#506 9 months ago
tenor (6).giftenor (6).gif
#507 9 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Its not. I own 2, but have access to hundreds locally.

#508 9 months ago

Why? Why would stern re release a game again? It kinda torques me up. When I buy a machine I do it for certain reasons. One..the thrill of the find and want. Second…rarity, pride in owning something that not many people have. When stern re released Stranger Things it took the fun out of owning one. Now it’s no longer rare or uncommon to own one. I feel it’s a big money grab for stern. They can’t even finish the games they have on the production lines as it is. I have been waiting for over a year to get accessories from them that have been on back order. So my question is…am I the only one that feels this way?

That is an impressive number of down votes. Seriously man, you have done something to the greatest of your ability. Kudos.

#509 9 months ago
IMG_3313 (resized).jpegIMG_3313 (resized).jpeg
#510 9 months ago

A few more:

IMG_3314 (resized).jpegIMG_3314 (resized).jpegIMG_3315 (resized).jpegIMG_3315 (resized).jpegIMG_3316 (resized).jpegIMG_3316 (resized).jpeg
#511 9 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Youtube link no music (copyright)
Original link with music
https://starwarsintrogenerator.com/scroller?u=ytbs7k7l

Lololol

Nicely done

#512 9 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Its not. I own 2, but have access to hundreds locally.

You own 2 stamps?

#513 9 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You own 2 stamps?

I was in the hobby for about 5 minutes this past Saturday.
I bought two stamps, but had to use them to send birthday cards to my nieces.

#514 9 months ago
Quoted from splattii:

This thread is everything that's wrong with pinball. Pricing people out and making games that are hard to find won't help the hobby and is everything that's wrong with it. I wouldn't be surprised if 25% of the Stranger Things out there have less than 100 HUO plays. Sounds like an awesome hobby, both exciting and fun! I can't imagine why pinball hasn't taken off with the masses. Pay 8-10k, get 100 plays out of it and then get mad someone else can buy one.... who doesn't want to be a part of this?

Disagree. No single game, sale, or individual person "prices people out of the hobby". The open market determines at what price a game is ultimately sold. This is true on both the private secondary market as well as the NIB retail manufacturing prices. If a manufacturer prices a game too high, the product simply won't sell and trust me when I say this, investors and company owners HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS and typically adjust quickly to change that trend. Oh... before I forget, thanks for posting this and stirring the pot again.

No individual entity controls the price unless it's a VERY rare game. 200 or less, ect. Even the price of those rare games are not controlled by the seller. But, it's priced too high? It simply will not sell. If one particular title pops up for sale once every 5 years, it is likely a 5 figure $ machine. With the "new pinball money" in this hobby, the older rare pinball market and NIB market have kind of collided and that is where we are now. Condition with older machines is important to the equation as well. Also, a NIB game will almost always be more and more at time goes forward. It's just the way our world economies work. No one can change it so why worry about it?

To pile on to what ChuckWurt said, what exactly are you hoping and wishing for to get out of "your pinball experience" in this hobby?

Sounds very cheesy but it is true that you only get out of the hobby exactly what you put into it. If you bought a game and are not happy about what you paid, what the secondary market looks like, or what percentage of people have a NIB still it it's box or how often someone plays a HUO game, then you could very well be in "this hobby" for ALL THE WRONG REASONS.

#515 9 months ago

This rant is primarily because the owner lost money on the resale of this game. I get that it hurts for those that paid 12K or 14K for a premium on the used market for it now to be available nib but hey, you got to enjoy the game for a year or more before new owners get theirs. you should expect to lose money on the resale and if you're not going to sell it then does it matter what it's worth?

#516 9 months ago

So what’s the record amount of down votes for a post? Just curious.

#517 9 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So what’s the record amount of down votes for a post? Just curious.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-that-is-upset/page/8#post-7794690 says it's 393.

#518 9 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Speaking of exclusive.....
I've been trying to get into this exclusive barber shop for months now. But I can never make the cut!

Im having you banned from the NHL thread for this joke alone!

#519 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Im having you banned from the NHL thread for this joke alone!

I knew you wouldn't let me skate on that comment.

#520 9 months ago

The gif avatar makes the last two posts a million times better. Fantastic!!

#521 9 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Dang, OP making a decent run for the record here on downvotes! Only another 172. Pretty impressive considering how badly Andrew Heighway hosed this community, and OP is 56.2% there in under 36 hours!!

Are we sure that the Andrew one was in first place all time? It seems we had one get over 400 but I can’t recall what it might have been.

#522 9 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:Are we sure that the Andrew one was in first place all time? It seems we had one get over 400 but I can’t recall what it might have been.

The one topic about a "Back to the Future" alleged N.i.B that had been opened, obvious touch ups and a pulled CPU got a lot of down votes.
Sorry I can't find a link to it.

O.P. has a down vote of 23 to 1 currently.

#524 9 months ago

O.P at 279 to 12:
Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 8.42.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-09 at 8.42.11 PM (resized).png

#525 9 months ago

All these people on here saying I’m upset because the value dropped or I’m losing money etc makes no sense? Everyone knew ST was getting vaulted including myself, so with that being said if I was all about losing money or wanting to sell it to make money then why didn’t I before it was released? This was discussed over a year ago about ST being re ran. Trust me I’m not going to lose money on it if I decided to sell it now or later. Some people seem to know it all or like to make assumptions they can’t back up. Silly people. Keep the votes coming in. Everyone has to be famous for something. Why not me. Ha!

#526 9 months ago

All these people on here saying I’m upset because the value dropped or I’m losing money etc makes no sense? Everyone knew ST was getting vaulted including myself, so with that being said if I was all about losing money or wanting to sell it to make money then why didn’t I before it was released? This was discussed over a year ago about ST being re ran. Trust me I’m not going to lose money on it if I decided to sell it now or later. Some people seem to know it all or like to make assumptions they can’t back up. Silly people. Keep the votes coming in. Everyone has to be famous for something. Why not me. Ha!

Yes, you've explained that you're REALLY upset because your game isn't "special" anymore since remakes are coming out.

That's WAY better....

#527 9 months ago

More lies, more cope, more seethe.

#528 9 months ago

Everyone knew ST was getting vaulted including myself

You “knew” and took no action, and now you’re just another plain, boring Stranger Things owner like the rest of the unwashed masses. Sounds like you caused your own problem.

#529 9 months ago

Trust me I’m not going to lose money on it if I decided to sell it now or later.

What happened to the “never going to sell it” guy that was only upset when he heard that other people would be able to have the same enjoyment of owning a new Stranger Things game as you did.

#530 9 months ago

Some people seem to know it all or like to make assumptions they can’t back up. Silly people. Keep the votes coming in. Everyone has to be famous for something. Why not me. Ha!

The replies and ugly comments to your post have been pretty ridiculous. I’ll bet there have been a few choice PMs as well from those that just can’t help themselves.

#531 9 months ago

Pinsiders see thread

flock-of-birds-flying-away.gifflock-of-birds-flying-away.giftenor (10).giftenor (10).gif
#532 9 months ago

If you bought your STH pro in 2019 like me, congratulations - you got it for ~$6000, and you’ve been able to enjoy it for 3-4 years. I’m glad there will be more new owners.

#533 9 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you bought your STH pro in 2019 like me, congratulations - you got it for ~$6000, and you’ve been able to enjoy it for 3-4 years. I’m glad there will be more new owners.

Premium not Pro but thanks for the assumption again.

#534 9 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

The replies and ugly comments to your post have been pretty ridiculous. I’ll bet there have been a few choice PMs as well from those that just can’t help themselves.

THIS! (resized).jpgTHIS! (resized).jpg

#535 9 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

What happened to the “never going to sell it” guy that was only upset when he heard that other people would be able to have the same enjoyment of owning a new Stranger Things game as you did.

Read my post sloooowly so you can understand it. It says “if” I ever decide.
Definition of “if”
despite the possibility that; no matter whether.

(introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that.

#536 9 months ago

Read my post sloooowly so you can understand it.

Does it seem to you that you are convincing people here that your position is valid? Do you think that you are persuading folks to change their minds?

The first rule of holes is to stop digging the hole.

#537 9 months ago

One..the thrill of the find and want. Second…rarity, pride in owning something that not many people have.

It’s never leaving my basement so re sale is not part of the equation. I don’t care about re sale. If you read my post you would understand why. Just like my Addams and TZ. It’s not about the resale it’s about being exclusive.

So the “why” you’re referring to in your second post is the exclusivity and pride of having things that other people don’t have, and now that other people can easily buy one you’ve lost the “thrill of the find and want” and you’ve lost the “rarity, pride…” and now that you feel empty I noticed you changed you’re tune to

Trust me I’m not going to lose money on it if I decided to sell it now or later.

#538 9 months ago

There is a bright side.

AE8DDB57-8F16-4E1E-9CEA-5880048DAF15 (resized).jpegAE8DDB57-8F16-4E1E-9CEA-5880048DAF15 (resized).jpeg
#540 9 months ago
Quoted from ElectroMagnetic:

There is a bright side. [quoted image]

The only feedback that matters. Forum feedback is a joke. Thumbs up, thumbs down!!! Laughable.

#541 9 months ago

You asked a question.
No. Very few, if any, are upset by a vault edition coming out.
You seem to want to argue that people answering your question are wrong.
If don't value the opinions of others, don't ask for them.

My point was that you can stop arguing at any time.

#542 9 months ago

This here's a great troll post about one'a the oldest Pinside d'bates.

Want rarity in yer collectable? Hey, yer a greedy somebitch.

Buyin' them there pin ball machines to sell fer a profit? Well, yer doin' it all wrong, and yer a greedy somebitch.

Buyin' them machines like some sorta arcade angel, like so you just care 'bout pure family joy. Well, pull up a stump, son. I spect we's gonna be pals.

#543 9 months ago

Read my post sloooowly

Cmon guys be nice, he has no pinside friends, i don't know why.

#544 9 months ago

The only feedback that matters. Forum feedback is a joke. Thumbs up, thumbs down!!! Laughable.

Yet you seem to be REALLY bothered by the replies and votes.
Seeing that the ratio down votes are 24 to 1 against you, maybe you should read the replies slowly and see what people are trying to get thru to you.

#545 9 months ago

Well your question was ludicrous, and came from the perspective of a dick, so really you started it. Contradicting yourself multiple times while you scrambled to come up with a lie to not admit the whole reason you're upset in the first place is because the game isn't as valuable anymore didn't help either.

I like exclusivity in my collection, like Addams and TZ!
"those games aren't exclusive"
Well....what I meant by exclusive was that they aren't leaving my basement any time soon!
"so then whats your problem with STh since you said that wouldn't be leaving either?"
Uhhh...welll ACTUALLY I knew the whole time it was being vaulted! HAHA!
"so then why are you upset when the thing you knew was going to happen, happened?"
YOU GUYS ARE DICKS!

#546 9 months ago

We're getting dangerously close to the "rent free" defense.

#547 9 months ago

This whole thread is crazy! No matter how many machines are made they are still relatively a niche thing. I don't own a Stranger Things pinball and even if I did I wouldn't care if they made more. On the plus side that may make it easier to get replacement parts to keep the game going.

Typically anyone that stops by is amazed to find anyone that actually owns a pinball machine and has one or more in their home. It really isn't that common. Do you actually have friends that would know if more of these machines were being made and would say something??? That is incredible shallow and petty. I highly doubt that any of them would know or care. If they do then you should question you choices in friends.

I have machines because I like them and enjoy them. Not because they are status symbols or because I judge my worth on having things that no one else does. I've had some truly rare games. My Spectra IV probably had less than a dozen working examples. I had a working Mr Game machine that had only two working examples in the US that I know of. Do I care if I have something no one else has? No. Why does that matter? Your friends aren't going to know it is rare anyway. The only ones that will are those others in the hobby. As others have stated NONE of the games you listed are rare or exclusive.

Sorry, but this whole thread reflects badly on the original poster. Why not be happy that there is the chance that others may get the opportunity to play an own a machine you enjoy??

I can't envision or thing of any other reasons that would put a positive spin on the original post.

#548 9 months ago

Trying really hard to stay out of this as I don't understand the "I have something you don't have" mindset. I validate my hobbies by how much I enjoy them and how much enjoyment I can bring to others. My group of friends and I get just as much joy out of a $500 beater game none of us have played before as we do a super rare hard to get game (looking at you Big Bang Bar). Games that are hard to get or super rare don't get better because you have one and someone else doesn't, they get better when you can discuss and share your experiences with others. For that to happen, they would have to either own or atleast have access to the game. I lost a bunch on a decked out JP2 pro when they made more and released the 30th anniversary edition. Still happy to see they made them as it's a great game and there is more interest in them now. The OP just kind of brings one image to mind.

#549 9 months ago
gfy1.gifgfy1.gif
#550 9 months ago

Wrong thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, WA
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scituate, MA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Braintree, MA
Cabinet - Other
PinShades

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 703 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.