(Topic ID: 99684)

Am I the only one that can't get enough Star Trek pro....

By shacklersrevenge

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jawjaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I know, I know, there are a lot of ''great games'' but I knew the first time I played STpro, it was a game I wanted. It is a GREAT game. I have been playing it a lot...

I have heard so many people say they are bored with the game, that it's like chopping wood. While I'm looking forward as anyone to the new code drop, I have to say that I haven't gotten bored with the current modes- at all.
Sure, some of the glitches aren't fun, but the shots are just too much fun to follow and hit, and the game is hard! very hard. I have only been able to get the second set barely completed. Love tagging the spinner, the tough side ramp has to be the fastest shot in pinball when consecutive. The ship is super fun, bouncing around like crazy, Sounds, music, all top notch.

Also, I find the dmd animations some of the best I have seen, and love past level 1 animations.

Never was a Star Trek fan, but then got the pin, watched the new movies for the first time and loved those too!

I've recently realized that I really dig Steve Ritchie pins.
What is going on....

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I know, I know, there are a lot of ''great games'' but I knew the first time I played STpro, it was a game I wanted. It is a GREAT game. I have been playing it a lot...
I have heard so many people say they are bored with the game, that it's like chopping wood. While I'm looking forward as anyone to the new code drop, I have to say that I haven't gotten bored with the current modes- at all.
Sure, some of the glitches aren't fun, but the shots are just too much fun to follow and hit, and the game is hard! very hard. I have only been able to get the second set barely completed. Love tagging the spinner, the tough side ramp has to be the fastest shot in pinball when consecutive. The ship is super fun, bouncing around like crazy, Sounds, music, all top notch.
Also, I find the dmd animations some of the best I have seen, and love past level 1 animations.
Never was a Star Trek fan, but then got the pin, watched the new movies for the first time and loved those too!
I've recently realized that I really dig Steve Ritchie pins.
What is going on....

I completely agree with you on this as I'm enjoying the heck out of this pin. I was on the fence for awhile but after a few games I knew I had to have one. The flow and speed is awesome in this game. I can't wait to see what the new code brings. The warp ramp shot is a blast and I love how you hold up the right flipper to shoot the ball back in the shooter lane to start a new mode. Very cool in my book. Awesome pin. Can't wait for it to get even better.

#3 9 years ago

I'm saving up for another NIB purchase and it may be a ST Pro. But I'm going to wait to see what the next stern is and how the the code matures with the forthcoming update. In another month or two.

Rob

#4 9 years ago

I'm hoping to make this my first NIB pin soon.

#5 9 years ago

You made a great choice . Needless of the vengeance magnet issue which is a mess. At least it works a lot of the time. The voice overs are really well done. KM really get the blood pumping. Very cool sound FX . great back hand shots. Fun machine .

#6 9 years ago

fast pin, incredible flow, i really like the pin but damn i can't wait to get the new code.

#7 9 years ago

It's a great game. Fun, fast, lots of flow. I recently replaced the mini post rubbers with super bands, and the game got even faster. The ball bounces around like crazy, but the flow remains.

#8 9 years ago

I agree with you 100% I don't know why I love my ST LE so much but it is epic. It is a keeper and is bolted to my floor. I look at it and it is a work of art. It is really a looker with the laser etched rails and the lighted backbox emblem. I am really enjoying mine with current code, but the code update with voice pack addition has me excited. This game is really fast and I think it may be the fastest game made to date. It also has tremendous flow and the third flipper adds to the fun. Unlike Spiderman venom ramp the warp ramp is fast and gives the player opportunity for consecutive shot attempts. When you get multiple successful ramp shots it is really satisfying and is sure to put a smile on your face. Steve Ritchie really knocked it out of the park and it is sure to become a classic-at least to me.

#9 9 years ago

No you are not the only one. I love this machine in its pro guise. I bought the premium first, got disappointed, sold it, then missed it, and when I jumped back in I got the pro. Awesome machine that I play a lot. Even though the modes are an issue at the moment, I don't play it for the modes. Just trying to get everything right is a challenge. Getting 10mil every time for destroying vengeance etc.. There are a lot of things to do in there without even thinking about the modes. But when the code drops, and the modes are fixed, then it's a whole new level.

#10 9 years ago

I have six machines at a location, all high end including a WOZ and ST is the best earner. I may get another just to keep in a box for the future.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

You made a great choice . Needless of the vengeance magnet issue which is a mess. At least it works a lot of the time. The voice overs are really well done. KM really get the blood pumping. Very cool sound FX . great back hand shots. Fun machine .

yeah, I was having a mess of a time with the balls sticking together every time. I recently just swapped the boards under the playfield and now so far they haven't been sticking. Weird issue for sure, makes me wonder if the opto boards themselves wear out prematurely.

#12 9 years ago

I love the pro version of this game. I prefer the pro led lights and colored inserts, over the color changers everwhere, and like the smoother plastic ramps for this game. The away team and left mode shots are super fun and nice change of pace, almost only time I catch the ball.

I like that the modes light up all the shots to see if you can x2 combo everything.
Hopfully they don't change the code too much and kill the fast flow.
The modes let you decide which shots to take, play it safe, or go for the combo.
Having to shot only certain shots to advance a mode may not be an improvment.
A game like LOTR has great modes, play it for the modes.
ST is not that game, and does not need to be, play for the fast smooth shots and sounds.
Also hope the new voice over work is not too much corn ball joke stuff, that should stay in the 90's.
Waiting to see if the code drop does more good than harm, but SR is sure to keep it fast paced and not a joke factory.

3 months later
#13 9 years ago

I played ST for the first time this weekend at expo. Like the op, not a big Star Trek fan but the pin was lit up so well and looked so inviting. First game without knowing how to play, I was hitting shots, ripping through the modes, and getting multiball. There are so many shots and such a great flow without being punished for bad shots. I played a lot of other pins for the first time including all the latest Sterns but ST was the best by a mile. I thought I would be into the older B/W pins but kept coming back to ST. It was never left unplayed. I always had to wait to play and someone always was waiting when I played. That was not the case with any other new Stern except TWD because it was so new. I just might have to get a ST pro...

#14 9 years ago

I had the same experince at the expo in Chicago. I had no idea what I was doing but the modes all seemed to have the same flashing lights, and when I hit them they kept flashing. My question is are the modes all like that or didn't I go deep enough to hit the 2nd and 3rd level?

It was a blast just wish I could have played it longer but there was always a line to play. What a great game.

#15 9 years ago

Always go pro. LE's are just for Bally Williams fan boys.

#16 9 years ago

Indeed - ST is a great game (IMHO). Originally, I thought for sure I'd get a NIB Mustang. My daily driver since '07 has been a Mustang, and when it was announced I was sure that it was the next pin for me.

Then I played it.

I wasn't getting the 'warm and fuzzy' I expected. I then played a bunch of MET and ST, and was torn between the two. Since I own AC/DC already, I decided to get a ST Premium. ...and for me, it was the right choice. I've had a TON of fun playing, and everyone who sees and plays it is impressed. The most recent code update helped, and I suspect there will be more improvements over time - making this already great pin even better.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Indeed - ST is a great game (IMHO). Originally, I thought for sure I'd get a NIB Mustang. My daily driver since '07 has been a Mustang, and when it was announced I was sure that it was the next pin for me.
Then I played it.
I wasn't getting the 'warm and fuzzy' I expected. I then played a bunch of MET and ST, and was torn between the two. Since I own AC/DC already, I decided to get a ST Premium. ...and for me, it was the right choice. I've had a TON of fun playing, and everyone who sees and plays it is impressed. The most recent code update helped, and I suspect there will be more improvements over time - making this already great pin even better.

Good choice. I have both and find STLE better. Not by much; but still if I had to cut one it would be met.

the audio in ST is amazing. Tons of call outs that are part of the game. Game is loaded with tons of dots and animations, and while some aren't the best in the world it's still cool to have that much diversity; and that's not to say the animations suck, a majority of them kick ass especially when you open up the game.

Game still has some bugs and needs a few rules polished. But besides that, I've has mine for almost a year now; that says a lot for anyone who knows how fast I was going through pins the last few years.

#18 9 years ago

I also love this game. It is the newest game in my hometown, and just down the block, so I feel spoiled. I have probably played 150 games in the past month. I usually only score about 8-10 million. My best is 30 mil or so. Not even good enough to enter my initials. That said, I really enjoy it, and keep going back for more. The lights blow me away. I can't say I fully understand the modes, though I usually play 'Prime Directive' because it is at the top of the pyramid, and has the most options for shots. If anyone has any recommendations for what modes to play, I would be most grateful.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I also love this game. It is the newest game in my hometown, and just down the block, so I feel spoiled. I have probably played 150 games in the past month. I usually only score about 8-10 million. My best is 30 mil or so. Not even good enough to enter my initials. That said, I really enjoy it, and keep going back for more. The lights blow me away. I can't say I fully understand the modes, though I usually play 'Prime Directive' because it is at the top of the pyramid, and has the most options for shots. If anyone has any recommendations for what modes to play, I would be most grateful.

Basic strategy is play the right 3 (Prime Directive, Space Jump, Save Enterprise) as this leads to lucrative super ramps. Shoot whatever shots are easy for you and don't stress on finishing the mode. Take vengeance or lock shots while ball save is on. Even in bad games you'll wind up with a multiball with super ramps lit. Lots of points out there if you do the double stack (super ramp & spinner) and then head into kobayashi maru

#20 9 years ago

Same experience here as most. Just got back from the Houston Expo. The Star Trek pro always had someone playing. When we bought our Pro we had a choice of Metallica, Walking Dead or Star Trek. We already own AC/DC so another music pin was not high on the list. Star Trek was a proven winner and Walking Dead just had photos released. After now playing about 40 or so games of Walking Dead I am sure we made the correct choice with Star Trek.

#21 9 years ago
#22 9 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

There is a PAPA tutorial on youtube that is helpful in understanding all the rules. Each mode has 3 levels and there is different advantages to completing different sequence of modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-that-cant-get-enough-star-trek-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.