(Topic ID: 295262)

Am I the only one OCD about everything working?

By alexanr1

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210619_162026.jpg
    48C46549-B7EF-434D-8B2F-90F3F368FAD6 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 2 years ago

In my view, the main reason that you purchase a pinball machine is so that you can fix everything on the machine that is not working, so that it functions 100%. Locations near me that have pinball machines had a machine or two with no rubber on the flippers and the tip broken on one flipper bat because the rubber was missing for so long. I don't have to play machines like that because I can make my own machine work perfectly. I called the people that owned the neglected machines and asked if they wanted to sell them. I was told that they "go over" the machines once a week and that they don't sell machines on a route. I just giggled and told them that they looked pretty neglected to me. I did not suggest that they might make more money if the machines worked properly, because obviously, they are not really too concerned about that.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Yep. The very reason I don't play any games an hour before bedtime. I'll either be up too late fixing or won't be able to fall asleep thinking about owning a game with an unresponsive switch, etc.

I put a sticky note on the machine with notes on minor things that don't work. If a light goes out, I will continue to play, but make a note of it for when I work on the machine again. As things get fixed, I just mark those things off the list on the machine. If something major happens that makes the machine play differently, I will likely stop and address that, if I have the parts to fix it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-ocd-about-everything-working?tu=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.