(Topic ID: 295262)

Am I the only one OCD about everything working?

By alexanr1

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210619_162026.jpg
    48C46549-B7EF-434D-8B2F-90F3F368FAD6 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexanr1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Last night I turned on my TZ and notices that one of the lights were out on the door in middle of the playfield. I couldn’t play the game and had to immediately replace the burnt out bulb. I have some serious OCD when it come to not everything working on my pins. Here are a few more examples…

Over the past 2 months I have:
    - completely rebuilt the reels on my Whodunnit because they were not perfectly in sync with the game
    - intermittent head issues with the DJ on my PartyZone, I fixed
    - TheShadow had a target bent causing it to ricochet up and out of play down the left side drain.

I have also had Funhouse - Rudy eyelid issues, TZ - clock malfunctions, TS - Battlefield malfunctions, etc….
    I can’t seem to ignore them and almost immediately have to diagnose and fix them.

My wife and I played in a pin museum in Del Ray, Florida, and she said “I don’t like playing some of these games, they aren’t 100% fully functional like ours at home”

Am I alone, or do others have to keep their pin’s 100% working all of the time!

#23 2 years ago

I feel better knowing I am not alone

#51 2 years ago

Sounds like there are enough here we need to officially start an Pinball OCD anonymous chapter.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It doesn't bother me unless it impacts game play. Meditation and yoga are great ways to cure OCD.
    That and family members getting cancer.

Turned a little dark all of a sudden……

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

I put a sticky note on the machine with notes on minor things that don't work. If a light goes out, I will continue to play, but make a note of it for when I work on the machine again. As things get fixed, I just mark those things off the list on the machine. If something major happens that makes the machine play differently, I will likely stop and address that, if I have the parts to fix it.

I have 10 pins and don’t need a sticky note because I can’t get it out of my head when something is wrong with any machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexanr1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-ocd-about-everything-working?tu=alexanr1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.