(Topic ID: 265891)

Am I the only one here with no pins?

By snowy_owl

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have pinball machines?”

• I have one or more pinball machines 141 votes
      91%
    • I have rented a pinball machine 0 votes
    • I have no machines 14 votes
      9%

(155 votes)

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

It seems to me that most of my fellow pinsiders have games of their own, which they can enjoy during this crisis. I, on the other hand, have none. It's been difficult with no pinball for the past month. Am I the only one who is like this? ...Anyone?

#3 3 years ago

I feel pathetic...

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I feel pathetic...

Lol!

Where are you located?
    A lot of people are renting games out and you can even still find some out in the wild. Then again, this could be the perfect time to buy a project game and fix it up.

#5 3 years ago

You could get something like the Zen Pinball app and buy a couple of games for a few dollars. Obviously not exactly like a physical game but they do have some fun ones. Until you can get back to the location games.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

You could get something like the Zen Pinball app and buy a couple of games for a few dollars. Obviously not exactly like a physical game but they do have some fun ones. Until you can get back to the location games.

They also make pinball games for some video consoles like Wii, Xbox, PlayStation, switch, etc.

#8 3 years ago

I currently have 4 pins, unfortunately they’re all out my local brewery. None at home- Would be nice to bring one home

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I currently have 4 pins, unfortunately they’re all out my local brewery. None at home- Would be nice to bring one home

I can't believe you haven't!

I keep my pinside collection very up to date. I have 8 pins, 2 more awaiting pick up, and one project that I will either fix or list.

#10 3 years ago

A yr ago I had 2 or 3 pins

I've been at 9 or 10 for several months until getting a bunch of projects recently,

Going to sell a few, but will probably buy more projects,

It all starts with one...

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

It all starts with one...

Just a taste. All it takes is a taste.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Good. Sell me dirty harry and TAF!

Hahaha

#14 3 years ago

I’m with you...looking to buy my first, kids are 10 and 12 I’m 50 years old n have now just woken up to one of the last made in USA products out there..just finishing basement and ready to break my cherry !!! I’ve had the itch but been studying last few months living on stern pinball app.just wanted to lyk your not alone

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

It seems to me that most of my fellow pinsiders have games of their own, which they can enjoy during this crisis. I, on the other hand, have none. It's been difficult with no pinball for the past month. Am I the only one who is like this? ...Anyone?

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m with you...looking to buy my first, kids are 10 and 12 I’m 50 years old n have now just woken up to one of the last made in USA products out there..just finishing basement and ready to break my cherry !!! I’ve had the itch but been studying last few months living on stern pinball app.just wanted to lyk your not alone

You guys need to check out the classifieds in here. I would also highly recommend adding your location to your profile, so you can find deals near you more easily.

#16 3 years ago

Thnx I thought I did ,been talking to guy couple hours away he’s got a WOZ 75 hope it works out wife n her mom loves movie n buying Metallica prem from guy at works brother more my speed I only got room for 3..I’ll say this ,Pin peeps is a tight group as far as what I’ve seen wish more people out there were like you...thanks a bunch n I’m hoping my boys see what I see ,flipping works of art that need to keep being produced!!!

#17 3 years ago

Use to own a few, now I own none and don’t plan on it anytime soon. I love pinball with all my heart but for me the bottom line has become “there will always be a better way to spend that money.” Everyone is free to spend their earnings how they like so I admire those with machines while accepting that it isn’t for me. I also within the past few years have found myself in a rut where I honestly don’t care for pinball If I’m not with others having the same fun (it is a game after all). So no, you are not alone in having no pins at home!!!

#18 3 years ago

Same here. Eyeballing and obsessing over what to purchase, but watching and waiting for now.

#19 3 years ago

I can’t wait to get one ,been consuming me ..I’ve been taking side jobs to buy them whatever it takes ...I’m 50 been working 2 jobs to pay for vacas n house upgrades it’s time for me to have some fun ...lost both parents last 9 months mom was drawn out long brutal 3 weeks n dad just went in a flash...life ,although I believe goes forever ,here is short ,work hard n play hard live life to fullest!!! After all you know all those pharaohs tombs still had the gold in them I guess couldn’t take it with ...be safe buds !!!

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I can’t wait to get one ,been consuming me ..I’ve been taking side jobs to buy them whatever it takes ...I’m 50 been working 2 jobs to pay for vacas n house upgrades it’s time for me to have some fun ...lost both parents last 9 months mom was drawn out long brutal 3 weeks n dad just went in a flash...life ,although I believe goes forever ,here is short ,work hard n play hard live life to fullest!!! After all you know all those pharaohs tombs still had the gold in them I guess couldn’t take it with ...be safe buds !!!

Where do you call home

#21 3 years ago

Grew up south side of chicago but moved to crown point IN 5 years ago...we neede out n I love it out here!!!! How bout u?

#22 3 years ago

My wife has most her family in the great state of Texas I’m there often...

#23 3 years ago

Blue state paycheck w Red state living can’t beat it w a stick!! Yeah buddy!!!highly suggest it ..

#24 3 years ago

Live on a ranch away from the city, peaceful , private

Love it!!!!

Fortunately for you, your in a great region for pins

I'm originally from the CinCy area(NKY)

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

My wife has most her family in the great state of Texas I’m there often...

We've got lots of pinheads down here. It's a great place to find pins.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

We've got lots of pinheads down here. It's a great place to find pins.

In the Metro Plex for sure...

#27 3 years ago

I will definitely try to meet up next time down ...they’re in Arlington n Houston areas ..be safe bud please take this shit seriously goin on its for real n gonna be awile don’t mean to get opinionated but wife works in only trauma center south side of Chicago ,I’ll jus say this ,listen to the hospital workers they’re the ones right in it ...hopefully back to normal ASAP

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I will definitely try to meet up next time down ...they’re in Arlington n Houston areas ..be safe bud please take this shit seriously goin on its for real n gonna be awile don’t mean to get opinionated but wife works in only trauma center south side of Chicago ,I’ll jus say this ,listen to the hospital workers they’re the ones right in it ...hopefully back to normal ASAP

Im 35 mins south of San Antonio, but once this mess is over sure

#29 3 years ago

Sounds good bud ,nothing more I like in life is meeting new people ...my wife thinks I’m nuts but I’m in groups like “axis n allies”(WW2 board games)n northwest Indiana star gazers (astrology club)now pinsiders...look forward to this new hobby.funny thing is I was in popular heavy metal band in Chicago n bartender at south side nightspot open till 4am while working construction 30 years..life has settled down but since lockdown been drinking like a fish bit still having fun every single day ...cheers gonna sleep I start nights on wensday n not happy bout it ..lmfao..be safe

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Pretty sure there are a lot of pinsiders without games of their own. As others have suggested I'd a.) post your location b.) check out your local distributor to see if they rent or have project games for sale c.) either download virtual pin on your phone or build one. Whatever you do don't beat yourself up for not owning one, its easy on this site to compare yourself to others when some have collections upwards of 50 plus pins and arcades. Good luck buddy and try to stay on the happier side of things.

#31 3 years ago

Just because you don’t have any pins doesn’t mean you can’t join in the fun somehow

#32 3 years ago

I've had a deposit down on an MMR for a long time (over a year now as I placed it well before they announced the Royal edition). I've been playing a bit of the video game ones to tide me over until I can get it. So I'm in the category of I have none, but will (hopefully) soon move out of that category.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamoc:

I've had a deposit down on an MMR for a long time (over a year now as I placed it well before they announced the Royal edition). I've been playing a bit of the video game ones to tide me over until I can get it. So I'm in the category of I have none, but will (hopefully) soon move out of that category.

Just be careful.

In my experience it goes from 1 pin to 4 pins in about 12 to 18 months regardless if you financially planned for it or not...

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamoc:

I've had a deposit down on an MMR for a long time (over a year now

That stinks! Check with other distributors for stock and check for any HUO for sale in your area. If it works out you can be playing pinball and cancel your deposit.

Back on topic.. For sure, I came here before I got my first pin. Had to read up on buying and moving a pin to start with.

#35 3 years ago

I started with F-14 and quickly grew to 5 games. I sold them all when we bought our house and then got a nib GoT Pre. Never planned to sell it, but took a financial hit in 2019. I sold it in February with plans to look for a AFM in the fall. Now with covid here I dont know when I'll be back to work, let alone spending thousands on a toy.

The good news, I'm debt free other then a manageable mortgage.

The bad news I have no pinball at home. .....for now

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Just be careful.
    In my experience it goes from 1 pin to 4 pins in about 12 to 18 months regardless if you financially planned for it or not...

It doesn't have to. I bought my first in 2000, second in 2010.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

It doesn't have to. I bought my first in 2000, second in 2010.

...and then I ended up with 8 "

#38 3 years ago

here's an off the wall suggestion if you can't get a real pin -- get an Oculus Quest or a Rift S if you have a gaming PC. While pinball in VR is not perfect it can be really really good. Pinball Arcade's stern collection is very hit and miss in VR with some tables being awful but a few are pretty great. Star Trek and AC/DC are super fun in VR. I played a ton of Star Trek VR before getting the actual machine and honestly the fun factor isn't THAT different -- especially if you're a casual pinball player (serious players will hate any change in physics I'm sure). I also play a ton of Zaccaria pinball in VR and that's a great way to spend a few hours in an evening trying to move up the leader board on a random game. A big plus of pinball in VR is that there's a huge leader board to try to move up on that adds a little purpose to solo pinball play.

#39 3 years ago

I was once in the same boat. Maybe we can trade screen names?

#40 3 years ago

Right now zero pins in the house but in a year I could have 12, its a process.

#41 3 years ago

No pins at the moment but I’m working on it.

#42 3 years ago

I'll bet I'm not the only one who has had some pins for awhile and then sold them. I've had zero pins a few different times. It's only fairly recently that I've been able to accumulate a decent collection, and I bought most of them non-working and fixed them myself. Great hobby, been playing 45 years plus! snowy_owl you will eventually find a machine, and then more soon after.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

...and then I ended up with 8 "

Yep, they breed. First 4 years ago, second 4 days later, had 5 in 6 months. Now 11 in my collection and have had 33 overall. My wife thinks I am crazy. She's right.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

I'll bet I'm not the only one who has had some pins for awhile and then sold them. I've had zero pins a few different times. It's only fairly recently that I've been able to accumulate a decent collection, and I bought most of them non-working and fixed them myself. Great hobby, been playing 45 years plus! snowy_owl you will eventually find a machine, and then more soon after.

Same here awhile back I went through the same thing

#45 3 years ago

It is called ....
    "Pinside" so ?

#46 3 years ago

I started with 1 machine in Feb and now have 3 total! I got sucked in! Would have never bought Star Wars if I did my research first but that’s ok because my MMRLE and IMDN make up for it.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

here's an off the wall suggestion if you can't get a real pin -- get an Oculus Quest or a Rift S if you have a gaming PC. While pinball in VR is not perfect it can be really really good. Pinball Arcade's stern collection is very hit and miss in VR with some tables being awful but a few are pretty great. Star Trek and AC/DC are super fun in VR. I played a ton of Star Trek VR before getting the actual machine and honestly the fun factor isn't THAT different -- especially if you're a casual pinball player (serious players will hate any change in physics I'm sure). I also play a ton of Zaccaria pinball in VR and that's a great way to spend a few hours in an evening trying to move up the leader board on a random game. A big plus of pinball in VR is that there's a huge leader board to try to move up on that adds a little purpose to solo pinball play.

Close but not the same feel and physics are way off.

#48 3 years ago

No, Kaneda has no pins........

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

I started with 1 machine in Feb and now have 3 total! I got sucked in! Would have never bought Star Wars if I did my research first but that’s ok because my MMRLE and IMDN make up for it.

Star wars has so much fricken depth. Get past the frustrations of "what am I doing now" and keep figuring out different paths with each hero.

Has become 1 of my favorite games of gameplay.

Nothing like blowing up the death star or hitting hyperspace loop on the LE over and over.

I almost completed the entire game field with everything fi ished except bobafett which I missed but 2 shots....

Man that game has SO much depth.

Play it again amigo and again...

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

It is called ....
    "Pinside" so ?

Its pinside not "pinball machines in your house side".. you can be into the hobby and love playing pinball without owning one. Most skaters don't have skateboard parks at their house..

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-the-only-one-here-with-no-pins?hl=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.