(Topic ID: 237721)

Am I stupid or what? Didn’t know about AcDc super modes.

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51A29D02-7DB9-48B3-86D5-84E477332E95 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I’ll admit that AcDc rules are not my strong suite. For example perm and temp progress units I’m still not sure about. But heck all this time I’ve played and never been aware of the super modes. I’ve played AcDc hundreds of time and had super modes running a lot but I never really understood how to start them. I’m going to have to read up on the rules to figure out what’s going on. Temp/perm units, super modes etc..

Full disclosure, I’m not a heavy volume player meaning I can go weeks or months without playing a particular game. Obviously the simple games (aka AFM, IM, Tron) I’m 99% understand the rules. But somethings about Acdc is just over my head.

#2 5 years ago

I put a lot of games on ACDC at the Louisville expo. That game to me is the essence of hit the lit shot. I need to look around for a basic rule set to find out what the song goals are. Multiball modes would just pop up randomly from my perspective. But man is it a blast to flip.

#3 5 years ago

The rules are very complicated for example the super modes will blink when they are able to be activated and strobe when they are active. I’m not even sure what the difference is between blinking and strobing.

For example say you are playing T.N.T. the goal of that is to hit the T.N.T. targets which will allow a super mode to be started then you need to hit three note shots to activate the super. If you hit a lightning target you can change which super mode is blinking.

The active super shot will stay until you drain and if you change a song you can activate another super mode.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/146WOU5a2EV0I9E-wAZNmeFSvkuExckwSdMwKKjEH65w/mobilebasic

51A29D02-7DB9-48B3-86D5-84E477332E95 (resized).jpeg51A29D02-7DB9-48B3-86D5-84E477332E95 (resized).jpeg

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

I need to look around for a basic rule set to find out what the song goals are. Multiball modes would just pop up randomly from my perspective.

It’s the most complex game I can think of. Maybe the newer games like GoT or SW are more complex idk.

But the basic songs each have a task. Like T.N.T. is the T.N.T. targets, You shook me is the pop bumpers, RnR Train is the left ramp and so on. But while in a dong the doing song tasks you also need to complete 8 other tasks to progress and change to a different song. Those various tasks are the other song tasks.

Hit the bell 3,6 times will 2x 3x the Playfield.

There’s s bunch more too you can stack all the multiballs together but can’t stack the songs.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s the most complex game I can think of. Maybe the newer games like GoT or SW are more complex idk.
But the basic songs each have a task. Like T.N.T. is the T.N.T. targets, You shook me is the pop bumpers, RnR Train is the left ramp and so on. But while in a dong the doing song tasks you also need to complete 8 other tasks to progress and change to a different song. Those various tasks are the other song tasks.
Hit the bell 3,6 times will 2x 3x the Playfield.
There’s s bunch more too you can stack all the multiballs together but can’t stack the songs.

That reads weird. But your description of song progression makes more sense. So in a tournament setting what do guys go for out of the gate?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

That reads weird. But your description of song progression makes more sense. So in a tournament setting what do guys go for out of the gate?

I'm not a tourney player but there are some safer and/or more lucrative songs.

The multi balls are are qualified by hitting the ramps 6 times (Jam MB), orbits 8 times (Tour MB) and the target banks all three (Album MB).

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not a tourney player but there are some safer and/or more lucrative songs.
The multi balls are are qualified by hitting the ramps 6 times (Jam MB), orbits 8 times (Tour MB) and the target banks all three (Album MB).

Sweet thanks for the info. I started watching a acdc tutorial a few minutes ago lol.

The group I went to expo with loved the game. They are more casual location players. Once every month or so. They had never seen an ACDC and it kept being brought up at the hotel and on the show floor.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

the target banks all three (Album MB).

Just to clarify, you just have to complete any 3 banks to start Album MB. It can be TNT 3 times.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Just to clarify, you just have to complete any 3 banks to start Album MB. It can be TNT 3 times.

according to the rules you are correct.

.Album Multiball is a 3-ball round. The first Album Multiball is qualified by completing 3 target banks (you do not have to do 1 of each, you can do 3 T-N-Ts if you want).

best to read the rules because I am not the best understand of the rules myself and there is a lot of nuance.

for example each shot (in the song for example TNT shots for TNT song) will add 2% to the value of the next shot cumulatively (until you drain or change the song) if you hit 5 lit 'note shots' it'll add a permanent 6% that will be added to every shot for the entire game.

You don't really need to know or understand this except to know that the more shots you make the subsequent shots are worth progressively more. And reset to base points after you drain (except for the permanent units which carry over).

Say you are playing TNT that is the TNT targets and that song in the jukebox is flashing and if you hit a lit shot such as Left ramp that will count as Rock and Roll Train and will light that on the Jukebox, Left Orbit will could as War Machine and light that on the jukebox and so on. Once you get at least 8 not counting the song you are playing you will be able to change the song (left orbit to lock in Juke box hole).

You get all the points are added to your score but they are also added to a song jackpot that is collected from the cannon shot when lit. It will reset if you collect so some might not collect if it's small and wait for it to get larger or if you can double or tripple the Pf value (by hitting the bell a number of times) before collecting. If you drain before you collect tho the jackpot resets.

#10 5 years ago

Lol. I just re bought an AC/DC Luci. I am going thru the same thing you are about the rules. Very complicated game but Am finding those are the types of games I want in my collection. I never understood the super modes either till early this week.
Another game in this category is JJP Pirates. Talk about confusing. GOTand TWD are other games with confusing rules that I like.

#11 5 years ago

I’ve had AcDc for around 6 years never noticed the super modes. Now I want to check out the super lanes which can double the next shot or the bonus awards.

LoL

I’ve been looking more at scoring of some games like STLE which adds 45k or some higher number to each subsequent shot in a mode as well as double score on combo shots.

Now I look at the dmd to see the shot value more often. I’m getting fun out of the game than before when I didn’t understand what scored what.

TWD is another game I need to study the rules on, I know there is an X on the lane that will multiply the next shot when it’s lit. This is something like the super lane in AcDc.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You get all the points are added to your score but they are also added to a song jackpot that is collected from the cannon shot when lit. It will reset if you collect so some might not collect if it's small and wait for it to get larger or if you can double or tripple the Pf value (by hitting the bell a number of times) before collecting. If you drain before you collect tho the jackpot resets.

#13 5 years ago

Wait till you start exploring the "song bonus", a song Jackpot you can multiply with super lanes, and have NOT reset.
AC/DC is a great game, and will get better at some point!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Wait till you start exploring the "song bonus", a song Jackpot you can multiply with super lanes, and have NOT reset.

That’ll be the day. I’m still getting the hang of the super modes and trying to do them upsets the normal game flow because I’m distracted. Hopefully they’ll become second nature.

#15 5 years ago

I did notice the cannon inserts can be lit but I’m not sure how or what they signify.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I did notice the cannon inserts can be lit but I’m not sure how or what they signify.

Lol, never talk about the cannon inserts.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

AC/DC is a great game, and will get better at some point!

?

Song bonus should just be the song jackpot but collected mid MB by having the song being played align with the jackpot progress for that MB. Based on the song matching the album... matching the tour.. etc.

What makes you say it doesn't reset? AFAIK it's just whatever the current song jackpot value is.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

?
Song bonus should just be the song jackpot but collected mid MB by having the song being played align with the jackpot progress for that MB. Based on the song matching the album... matching the tour.. etc.
What makes you say it doesn't reset? AFAIK it's just whatever the current song jackpot value is.

He means that you still have the song jackpot to collect even after collecting a song bonus.

#19 5 years ago

What chuck said

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-stupid-or-what-didnt-know-about-acdc-super-modes- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.