Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by fireball2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

647EFD21-0BF8-4C97-BC82-1715A02162A8 (resized).jpeg
    E6B1A67A-1CE1-4DA6-8E6A-958EE8540F86 (resized).jpeg
    955F4561-74F1-43F0-919A-9BCFBB9F519C (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    zr50j5d4zn821 (resized).jpg
    0DFD9893-0831-485B-B87B-13FD5F679921.gif
    giphy (5).gif
    tv2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    simpsons-abe-simpson (resized).png
    HrnyEk9R1fRi.gif
    Unfrozen Caveman Pinballer (resized).png
    6888070A-4375-4DC9-9EDA-537E620EF561 (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

Is it me or is it the norm? DMDs SS machines 6-8-12 grand! WTF! EMs are commanding a good price. Maybe this isn’t a hobby any more? Maybe these aren’t old collectibles! I remember when you could buy old cars for cheap! Pinballs for cheap! Houses and girlfriends for cheap! This shit has hit the fan! Every wannabe has a pinball room or arcade but not really! I won’t stand for this shit anymore I will merely sit! LMFAO.......just thought I would vent!

#2 1 year ago

Welcome to 2023. Do you like omelets?

#3 1 year ago

Yo @crazylevi! whatever you're doing right now, put it down. need you over here for a minute.

#5 1 year ago

Reasonable prices are still out there, just fewer and farther in-between.

#6 1 year ago

Inflation is a rise in prices, which can be translated as the decline of purchasing power over time. The rate at which purchasing power drops can be reflected in the average price increase of a basket of selected goods and services over some period of time. The rise in prices, which is often expressed as a percentage, means that a unit of currency effectively buys less than it did in prior periods.

#7 1 year ago

Rip Van Winkle, is that you?

#8 1 year ago

What goes up must come down ....

dreaming !

#9 1 year ago

The deals are still out there, but you have to be ready to get in the car and go. Most collectables seemed to have doubled in the past 2 or 3 years. Hopefully you are happy with what you have (which is a beautful collection of pins and cars..)

#10 1 year ago

You been living in a cave the last few decades, lol

#11 1 year ago

Shits only gonna get worse. Eggs are 6-9 dollars a dozen.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Maybe those neighborhood kids will think twice before egging my house now

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #13 1 year ago
    Quoted from zydeco-bluesmobi:

Is it me or is it the norm? DMDs SS machines 6-8-12 grand! WTF! EMs are commanding a good price. Maybe this isn’t a hobby any more? Maybe these aren’t old collectibles! I remember when you could buy old cars for cheap! Pinballs for cheap! Houses and girlfriends for cheap! This shit has hit the fan! Every wannabe has a pinball room or arcade but not really! I won’t stand for this shit anymore I will merely sit! LMFAO.......just thought I would vent!

Yes.

-Collin

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from zydeco-bluesmobi:

Quoted from Xenon75:

Inflation is a rise in prices, which can be translated as the decline of purchasing power over time. The rate at which purchasing power drops can be reflected in the average price increase of a basket of selected goods and services over some period of time. The rise in prices, which is often expressed as a percentage, means that a unit of currency effectively buys less than it did in prior periods.

To expand on this: inflation since 1994 is 100%, which means that you can straight double any dollar cost for comparison. Ignoring every other factor, the $2k you spent on a DMD pin from 1994 would be $4k cash today.

Then you add collectability, limited remaining stock, prices of everything rising outside of inflation, etc. and it's a used machine for 6-8-12 grand

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Inflation is a rise in prices, which can be translated as the decline of purchasing power over time. The rate at which purchasing power drops can be reflected in the average price increase of a basket of selected goods and services over some period of time. The rise in prices, which is often expressed as a percentage, means that a unit of currency effectively buys less than it did in prior period

Did you make the crazy/hot matrix as well?

#16 1 year ago

Where do I click to vote “You’re Old”?

#17 1 year ago
    6888070A-4375-4DC9-9EDA-537E620EF561 (resized).png6888070A-4375-4DC9-9EDA-537E620EF561 (resized).png
    #18 1 year ago

Unfrozen Caveman Pinballer (resized).pngUnfrozen Caveman Pinballer (resized).png

#19 1 year ago

It’s like The Getaway HS2 “Shift Gears!” dude. I’m paying $1200 for wedgeheads… the days of system 11s for under a grand are long gone….

#20 1 year ago

This is what happens when Lots and Lots of people Like What You Got... Ride The Wave Dude.

#21 1 year ago

At the boat show they have 20K Jet Skis now. I just accept that it's a different world now and move on.

PS: Admittedly I do shake my head a bit though.

#22 1 year ago

Get off my lawn!

Old man yells at clouds!

#23 1 year ago

.... got asked if I wanted to tip at the local 7-11 the other day.... ya times are changing

#24 1 year ago

Someone is going to say the “w” word soon.

#25 1 year ago
    HrnyEk9R1fRi.gifHrnyEk9R1fRi.gif
    #26 1 year ago
    Quoted from isJ:

[quoted image]

Rhymes with yoke. It shan’t be spoken for each time it is, God kills a puppy.

#27 1 year ago

I’m wondering when I fell asleep…

#28 1 year ago

I feel old too!
    I remember thinking a mint Twilight Zone was expensive when I bought it for $2000!

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I’m paying $1200 for wedgeheads

I gotta Fun Land for you for $550.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

.... got asked if I wanted to tip at the local 7-11 the other day.... ya times are changing

I got a tip for the dude working at 7-11........
    Get a better job.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

At the boat show they have 20K Jet Skis now. I just accept that it's a different world now and move on.
    PS: Admittedly I do shake my head a bit though.

At some point people are going to have to stop buying stuff like this. As everything gets so high something has to go.

#32 1 year ago
    simpsons-abe-simpson (resized).pngsimpsons-abe-simpson (resized).png
    #33 1 year ago

Enjoy your 16 pins and stop crying.

#34 1 year ago

Pinball prices are just noise. It's all a conspiracy. They aren't really as high as they seem. MSRP (Manufactured Suggested Resale Pricing).

I just bought a pin advertised for 16k for $5. You just have to stand your ground and be firm.

#35 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #36 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Where are eggs 9 dollars a dozen . $3 here

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

Isn't that like $6 american?

but..he's not wrong. Eggs are a conspiracy in the US right now.

#38 1 year ago

To put things in a little perspective, $680 in 1973 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $4,545.54 today. Think about how much TV you could get today for $4500. Hell even $680 buys a great TV these days.

tv2 (resized).pngtv2 (resized).png
    #39 1 year ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I gotta Fun Land for you for $550.

Check my collection… already got one, it’s for sale too.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

You just have to stand your ground and be firm.

Did you use a bat?

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

To put things in a little perspective, $680 in 1973 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $4,545.54 today. Think about how much TV you could get today for $4500. Hell even $680 buys a great TV these days.
    [quoted image]

TV's really aren't a good comparison. TV's are about the only thing these days that continues to drop in price for better quality.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

New York, or at least I have seen pics of that price on eggs there. They are 4-5 here where o live.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So I can eat breakfast for a week for $6?

Don't see what everybody is complaining about. Seems pretty cheap to me!

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

[quoted image]

Yeah but those fuckers lasted decades. Not like the shit made today.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I can eat breakfast for a week for $6?

If you call plain eggs “breakfast”, then sure? Might throw in some toast and coffee but that might break the bank.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

If you call plain eggs “breakfast”,

Worked for Rocky

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Welcome to 2023. Do you like omelets

Thats why we have 40 chickens ....Haven't bought eggs in three years but we have raised our prices to eggs we sell from 3 to 4 bucks but thats only because feed went up

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Worked for Rocky

I gag at that every time…

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't see what everybody is complaining about. Seems pretty cheap to me!

You see, people on the edge of poverty that use eggs as a cheap way to feed their family may not be able to anymore because they doubled and almost tripled in price.

giphy (5).gifgiphy (5).gif
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-old-or-just-not-getting-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.