Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What should I do?”

• Keep it and enjoy it! 50 votes
      36%
    • Sell 86 votes
      62%
    • Trade 2 votes
      1%

(138 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SCHWING (resized).jpg
    347A78EA-7FD6-4D6A-A66A-221AB86E6DF9 (resized).jpeg
    95C320BE-5EF4-45C6-BD9C-14D182F30911 (resized).jpeg
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

I ordered a nib POTC LE months ago a finally had it delivered last night. I paid in full and was awaiting delivery. Now months later I’ve had a few unexpected expenses and I’m torn on whether to sell/trade or keep it. What would you do? It’s an amazing pin, so I can’t decide.
    95C320BE-5EF4-45C6-BD9C-14D182F30911 (resized).jpeg95C320BE-5EF4-45C6-BD9C-14D182F30911 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

Darn
    Thought this might be a Metallica thread.

Keep it.

#3 4 years ago

If it were me I’d be keeping the POTC and selling SW assuming that generates enough cash.

It must be difficult staring at that NIB.

#4 4 years ago

Why cant these things pop up in So California?
    You would be the third this week to get one and sell it. Chance to profit....
    Or lost chance at enjoying game for years.
    Your only going to get the one.
    I voted Keep it!

#5 4 years ago

If you're already contemplating selling, then sell it. It could be hard to buy back which is why I'm holding on to mine plus I really enjoy it still. I usually sell them buy again if I want but this might be hard to do

#6 4 years ago

Judging from the market, you can play it for a while and still sell for at least what you’ve got in it. Or you can make $1500 on it now selling NIB, and hope another comes along later.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

If you're already contemplating selling, then sell it. It could be hard to buy back which is why I'm holding on to mine plus I really enjoy it still. I usually sell them buy again if I want but this
    might be hard to do

Definitely agree with you. I’m leaning to playing for a while, then selling. Best of both worlds.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Definitely agree with you. I’m leaning to playing for a while, then selling. Best of both worlds.

Yeah you can't lose either way. If I was a buyer if it I would rather buy huo so any issues, if any, are resolved. Enjoy

#9 4 years ago

Sell it. It will NEVER be worth more. Keep it for 3 months and play it and loose $500/mo. AND risk all the problems that are out there. If you have expenses, sell it. Don't look back.

#10 4 years ago

It’s just stuff. If it takes care of important expenses and takes some unwanted pressure off you....SELL. Particularly when you can profit from early innovators & those that just have to have it. Won’t be hard to move. It’s hard to find right now...yes. JJP knows the secondary market. If the demand is there, which he clearly knows there is...it will be available down the line.

But what do I know? More then a little and less then too much.

#11 4 years ago

Despite all the hype over rarity, I just don't buy that one of JJP's most heavily invested in and highly desired recent pins since WOZ gets arbitrarily cut short for *some* reason and will never again see the light of day. C'mon, all the revenue being left on the table?!?
    This is just temporary. Only unless and until the license expires has the fat lady sung.

These are just opinions, and you are asking so.... If I had some temp financial concerns I'd sell it NIB in a heartbeat, and revisit later. I would take the chance on finding one again down the road, either HUO or, more likely, rolling off the assembly line.
    Actually, that's kinda what I'm doing right now anyways.

#12 4 years ago

I HATE financial stress. Sell while the market has demand. You can always pick up another down the road.

#13 4 years ago

Keep the box sealed till you pay off the bills

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Sell while the market has demand.

+1 on this

#15 4 years ago

I would sell it.

#16 4 years ago

Oh no.... ANOTHER one.

Did you buy this game initially because you were excited to own this game, or to make a small amount of profit on it's sale? Answer that to yourself, and that...is your answer.

#17 4 years ago

Life first. Pinball second. Take care of business, then enjoy pinball. Sell it.

#18 4 years ago

Sell your star wars.

#19 4 years ago

Get yours while the getting is good.

#21 4 years ago

Paid, waited, and finally received it. Keep it and play it!

#22 4 years ago

I smell cash grab. No need to justify it... Grab the cash if you want.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I smell cash grab. No need to justify it... Grab the cash if you want.

Idk. The op sold a deadpool and a TNA this week already stating the same thing. I doubt he is trying to simply turn a profit. Life happens. I got divorced 3 years ago and sold all of my pins for less than market. It sucked for sure but that is just life. Best of luck in life and your decision on this game op

#24 4 years ago

Ya, sell the Star Wars and Slugfest first!

Quoted from FalconDriver:

Paid, waited, and finally received it. Keep it and play it!

Quoted from Hammer1021:

Sell your star wars.

#25 4 years ago

i don’t see how trading it would help if its finances you need. Mine is not going anywhere!!

347A78EA-7FD6-4D6A-A66A-221AB86E6DF9 (resized).jpeg347A78EA-7FD6-4D6A-A66A-221AB86E6DF9 (resized).jpeg
    #26 4 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Idk. The op sold a deadpool and a TNA this week already stating the same thing. I doubt he is trying to simply turn a profit. Life happens. I got divorced 3 years ago and sold all of my pins for less than market. It sucked for sure but that is just life. Best of luck in life and your decision on this game op

Yeah, life happens. Kids, mortgage, bills- sometimes I can’t justify having a $9500 pinball machine when your house needs repair. That’s the tough choice of keeping toys or using that money elsewhere. Thank you so much for the comments and opinions. That’s what I love about pinside.

#27 4 years ago

Take advantage of current market and sell.
    Nothing to regret

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

i don’t see how trading it would help if its finances you need. Mine is not going anywhere!![quoted image]

I was just thinking a pin plus cash. Example: stern pro for route plus cash. If I decided to trade/sell

#29 4 years ago

Sell it but keep the box.

You get cash and still get the same experience of NIB ownership.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Yeah, life happens. Kids, mortgage, bills- sometimes I can’t justify having a $9500 pinball machine when your house needs repair. That’s the tough choice of keeping toys or using that money elsewhere. Thank you so much for the comments and opinions. That’s what I love about pinside.

Sell and put the money towards life and house stuff. No brainer. Don’t even trade. Cash in now! Do it while it is hot and you can max out.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Bills will always exist, this game might not, in a feasible way to own anyway.

Pinball helps occupy your passion, away from the stress of the liabilities you've listed here. For me, I can always dump more money on my mortgage, house repairs/improvements and car loan, etc, but ideally I want to work to live, not live to work. So extra money goes towards passion, enough already goes towards responsibilities.

If you have kids, and a wife, not much can be weighed against or with those two components of your life though...

Sell other games first. Those will be available again, and for less than the potential markup that POTC might have not just in the present, but in the future.

#32 4 years ago

Keep it, I'm looking at BM66 premium that is $7600 nib so really you are getting a JJP LE with all the bells and whistles for $2000 more than a Stern premium.

I know it's a lot of money but it's also a lot of game (if you love it).

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I can’t justify having a $9500 pinball machine when your house needs repair. That’s the tough choice of keeping toys or using that money elsewhere.

That may be the answer for you.

IMO pinball doesn't have to cost a mint, if you have the money comfortably and can get the pin and fix the house etc.. that's a different story. My post above was saying JJP PotC is a lot of pin for the money. But if you could use the money on the house and maybe get a nice pin for 1/3 of the selling price that might be the way to go.

#34 4 years ago

It’s your decision, no one here can account for all the different variants in your life better than you.
    My only suggestion is if you sell it, don’t link it to a forum topic!

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

It’s your decision, no one here can account for all the different variants in your life better than you.
    My only suggestion is if you sell it, don’t link it to a forum topic!

I agree. Just make it a featured ad not linked to the forum.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I can relate. Went through something similar a few years ago. Here’s the deal - when life is pressing, bills are stacking, and stress is mounting; the last thing i wanted is a pinball that i have to continuously make tweaks and adjustments for. There’s just no time for that and it adds to frustration. And chances are, despite it being a bad ass game, you’re going to have to baby JJPOTC from the day you open it. I say sell, move on and lighten your load. Live within your means, keep the stress away, enjoy life and the family. There’s always another day for pinball.

#37 4 years ago

Trade it for a quicksilver plus cash then when qs doubles in value buy the potc back. )

#38 4 years ago

The reality is you posted this hoping for a killer cash offer, right?

#39 4 years ago

It’s a fun game but it sounds as though you’d have a tough time enjoying it if you have a hard time justifying holding onto such an expensive game . Sell it and move on , plenty of other great games out there for far less money.

#40 4 years ago

As you said you had unexpected expenses, who could tell you if you need money or not but you?

#41 4 years ago

Agree w others...if you need $$$ sell it NIB and don't look back. There are so many of these coming up for sale it's crazy (and everyone said that Munsters were getting dumped at a heavy rate). I'd like to think for most it's just to turn a minor profit, but there have been real pf problems on this one (certainly called out in other threads)....so much so, I bailed on my CE.....if you open the box and all is good....a win (can play a bit and still recoup), if you open and it's not...hassles and less $$$ await.

Regardless...good luck w whichever direction you go.....

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here’s the deal - when life is pressing, bills are stacking, and stress is mounting; the last thing i wanted is a pinball that i have to continuously make tweaks and adjustments for. There’s just no time for that and it adds to frustration. And chances are, despite it being a bad ass game, you’re going to have to baby JJPOTC from the day you open it. I say sell, move on and lighten your load. Live within your means, keep the stress away, enjoy life and the family. There’s always another day for pinball.

Solid post!!!..and tweaking could be the least of your worries......

#43 4 years ago

If you need the $ then dump it. It's only a toy.

#44 4 years ago

I am in the same situation but with a Dialed IN LE, new in box 2 month and i dont know, if trade, sale or fire!!!

#45 4 years ago

Right. Pinball really sucks when it adds stress to your life. If getting a nib is not a celebration and you can sell without penalty do it. People are hyping up this pin but it's still just a pin. A very expensive pin in fact. Take advantage of market and sell.

#46 4 years ago

If selling Star Wars will take care of expenses, sell it instead. If not, judge whether this theme is special to you, despite the game's greatness. If so, sell something else you don't need and keep the game. If not, let it go.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

The reality is you posted this hoping for a killer cash offer, right?

IF I sold, I would not price gouge. I don’t feel ok taking advantage of someone. As of now, I’m leaning to keep and enjoy- then sell later

#48 4 years ago

Best sell it.

Wallow in regret and despair for years is way better than a little stress.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Can't you sell one of the kids ?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Best sell it.

Hahaha! I was going to suggest similar, but couldn't summon the blunt, comedic gold LTG just did!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Best sell it.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-crazy?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.