4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What should I do?”

• Keep it and enjoy it! 50 votes
      36%
    • Sell 86 votes
      62%
    • Trade 2 votes
      1%

(138 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SCHWING (resized).jpg
    347A78EA-7FD6-4D6A-A66A-221AB86E6DF9 (resized).jpeg
    95C320BE-5EF4-45C6-BD9C-14D182F30911 (resized).jpeg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 months ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Bigger problem is line availability. They have Wonka running (which will probably be cut short since it's not exactly setting the world on fire), and Guns n Roses in the Fall, plus fill ins for Dialed In and YBR WOZ on the small line, so there may not be line available until early 2020 if he runs it again (and he should).

The lack of line space just might be a win for JJP. Smaller runs of each game possibly helping out with the pain of getting some parts all the while making the games you can and keeping demand high.

Wonka doesn’t excite me and really neither does GNR. However, if they were able to get a pirates in the $7500 range I’d be tempted. Or just scrap GNR and let’s see Toy Story

#102 4 months ago

Looking at what is in this game... I don't see it being any cheaper. I know that I said JJP would produce this again if there was demand which I still feel they would but I'm sure cost would go up. Compare this game to any new Stern... Either Stern is making money hand over fist or JJP is barely breaking even. Also consider the difficulty of producing this game which is evident by the out if box issues.

#103 4 months ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I wonder why they do that?

I think it's b/c they're shallow. They don't really like the game - they're trying to.....what's that term called.....price pump? It's terrible. TERRIBLE!

#104 4 months ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

The lack of line space just might be a win for JJP. Smaller runs of each game possibly helping out with the pain of getting some parts all the while making the games you can and keeping demand high.
    Wonka doesn’t excite me and really neither does GNR. However, if they were able to get a pirates in the $7500 range I’d be tempted. Or just scrap GNR and let’s see Toy Story

Pirates is PACKED. I can't see where they'd cut to get an SE to 7500. Plus, they have overwhelming unmet demand for the (sold out) LE at $9500 and sold out of the CEs at $12,500, so there's really no INCENTIVE for them to lose more money by cutting prices on a future run.

I'll remain cautious (I was all over Wonka until I SAW what Lawlor and Co did to it - huge failure of imagination) but REALLY excited for Guns n Roses because there's a lot of great music, Slash is a pinhead, and Eric is doing it (right after the amazing work he's done on jjPotC). That's a huge amount of potential. With them going out on another tour that will likely exceed the $500 Million of their LAST tour, there's plenty of fans and goodwill to make JJP GnR a hit.

#105 4 months ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Pirates is PACKED. I can't see where they'd cut to get an SE to 7500. Plus, they have overwhelming unmet demand for the (sold out) LE at $9500 and sold out of the CEs at $12,500, so there's really no INCENTIVE for them to lose more money by cutting prices on a future run.
    I'll remain cautious (I was all over Wonka until I SAW what Lawlor and Co did to it - huge failure of imagination) but REALLY excited for Guns n Roses because there's a lot of great music, Slash is a pinhead, and Eric is doing it (right after the amazing work he's done on jjPotC). That's a huge amount of potential. With them going out on another tour that will likely exceed the $500 Million of their LAST tour, there's plenty of fans and goodwill to make JJP GnR a hit.

I feel the same way. Really pumped for GnR.

#106 4 months ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Pirates is PACKED. I can't see where they'd cut to get an SE to 7500.

It won't be cheaper, it will likely be more expensive. Think YBR. Removed features and raised the price.

#107 4 months ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It won't be cheaper, it will likely be more expensive. Think YBR. Removed features and raised the price.

The thing is though...they only removed features so it could run on the newest tech stack. There was no longer room for the money mech with the current-gen systems that have the PC in the backbox.

I can absolutely appreciate that tradeoff and would rather have their latest/greatest tech and cabinet.

#108 4 months ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

The thing is though...they only removed features so it could run on the newest tech stack. There was no longer room for the money mech with the current-gen systems that have the PC in the backbox.

Either way, JJP has never lowered their prices, only raised them. Its not just JJP, its Stern as well. We (the collectors) get adjusted to the new price levels and the gears continue spinning in the world of pinball. I remember when not that long ago, a 6k game was considered expensive, and now that's a bargain game. These days, a 10k game is the mark of an expensive game. A few years from now that will probably be 12k. Heck, we already have them with the CE editions.

#109 4 months ago

Ok!! I’ve finally got my financial situation straight and I’m good to go. Closed the poll- I’m gonna open her up! Time to unbox

#110 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Ok!! I’ve finally got my financial situation straight and I’m good to go. Closed the poll- I’m gonna open her up! Time to unbox

Pics or it didnt happen!
    Congrats, have fun.

#111 4 months ago

I hear it takes two people to assemble it

#112 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Good decision!

#113 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Glad to hear this!

Now the real fun begins!

#114 4 months ago
    SCHWING (resized).jpg
    #115 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

What the ... ?!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-le-5#post-5038648

#116 4 months ago

tuna_delight, It’s been sold. After a lot of back and forth and talking with the wife, I had to sell. I was so split trying to make a decision. I couldn’t justify keeping the pin with the offer that I got. I would have been afraid to play it with the assumption that I’d sell later- so I made the decision to sell nib. I know I’m gonna miss out on an amazing pin, but couldn’t justify having a 10k+ pin. Wife loves Star Wars so I didn’t sell that. New baby will be here in a couple weeks and selling POTC will help with a lot of bills.

#117 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

tuna_delight, It’s been sold. After a lot of back and forth and talking with the wife, I had to sell. I was so split trying to make a decision. I couldn’t justify keeping the pin with the offer that I got. I would have been afraid to play it with the assumption that I’d sell later- so I made the decision to sell nib. I know I’m gonna miss out on an amazing pin, but couldn’t justify having a 10k+ pin. Wife loves Star Wars so I didn’t sell that. New baby will be here in a couple weeks and selling POTC will help with a lot of bills.

I’m in the same boat. Great pin but I’d be just as happy for now with a lotr and cash or whatnot.

Or alien.

#118 4 months ago

You coulda used the box as a playpen. See...pinball pays for itself.

#119 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Hey man - you are the best judge of what's best for you. Just not sure why you asked for advice in the first place. Regardless, congrats on the impending baby!

Quoted from gliebig:

You coulda used the box as a playpen. See...pinball pays for itself.

lol

Now that's resourceful!

#120 4 months ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hey man - you are the best judge of what's best for you. Just not sure why you asked for advice in the first place.

So he could get an offer he couldn’t refuse

#121 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’m wasn’t looking to take advantage of anyone, just trying to make a wise decision

You ordered a NIB with the presumption that you'd have to sell it for a loss if you ever sold (same story with almost every NIB these days). You have the pleasant surprise that JJP decided to halt production and demand spikes, so you aren't stuck taking a loss when you decide you want to sell. No reason you need to feel guilty about your good fortune.

And keep an eye on the posters bellyaching about the prospect of you turning a profit on this sale. At least half of them will do exactly the same thing at some point down the road, despite all of their strong words now. Except that when they do it it will be "turning a fair profit," not "price gouging." It's all pretty silly.

#122 4 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

And keep an eye on the posters bellyaching about the prospect of you turning a profit on this sale.

I don’t think anyone is against selling for profit. But this post felt more like fishing for the highest private bid than listing a for sale ad with a fixed price. I do hope pinside got their typical fee even though it was not officially listed.

#123 4 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I don’t think anyone is against selling for profit. But this post felt more like fishing for the highest private bid than listing a for sale ad with a fixed price. I do hope pinside got their typical fee even though it was not officially listed.

It wasn’t trying to get the highest bidder. I just honestly wanted some opinions on what to do. I eventually decided to sell based on my current situation and actually sold for a price lower than even a used pin. Again, this wasn’t a sale thread nor was I trying to price gouge.

#124 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

It wasn’t trying to get the highest bidder. I just honestly wanted some opinions on what to do. I eventually decided to sell based on my current situation and actually sold for a price lower than even a used pin. Again, this wasn’t a sale thread nor was I trying to price gouge.

Doesn't matter either way - it's your business and you don't have to justify yourself to the Pinside mob

#125 4 months ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Doesn't matter either way - it's your business and you don't have to justify yourself to the Pinside mob

I agree with this to an extent, but when a person asks for an opinion, they'll get one, and sometimes that opinion contains views that might not seem favorable. So he does somewhat "owe" justification of motives to the people that helped him gather thoughts, views, and possibly a sale.

Ideally I sometimes ask people for opinions to hear the side I don't want to hear, for the sake of balance.

Worst case in this scenario he feels judged, possibly accurately so, by people he doesn't know well. Best case for him, he profited/got finances back.

No loss. Other than not owning a far, far more unique pin than Stern Star Wars. A couple grand difference isn't worth that at all, years down the road, when he might funnel the same profit towards a used game. But hey, that's just my opinion.

#126 4 months ago
    Quoted from wesman:

So he does somewhat "owe" justification of motives to the people that helped him

Wow typical Pinside logic

#127 4 months ago
    Quoted from JY64:

The only things he owes is Pinside a donation for the sale! The cloak of a “should I sell thread “ is an advertisement. Coz has the red heart next to his name so he’s all good in my book.

#128 4 months ago
    Quoted from JY64:

You seem to solely relate on threads to troll, frequently anyway. "Owe" meaning he really doesn't, but can offer an explanation, if he wants opinions on multiple sides from a forum, which is exactly what he asked for.

I offer a lengthy explanation of my viewpoint, and in return you offer a minimizing, generalizing, comment. To me, offering a retort, bluntly, seems more what people deem the "typical pinside" attitude more so than a balanced gray attitude like the one I expressed.

#129 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I eventually decided to sell based on my current situation and actually sold for a price lower than even a used pin. Again, this wasn’t a sale thread nor was I trying to price gouge.

Well I hope you didn’t take too much of a loss on it to satisfy the self-righteous posters in this thread. As I said, they inevitably have feet of clay when it comes time to sell their own machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 109.99
    $ 199.99
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 59.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 20.00
    $ 263.55
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside