Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Collin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Ive had my STTNG up for trade for about a week now, and I have gotten an offer for pretty nice NGG.

My STTNG in all it's glory can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/46445
BTW, I think I may be a touch over priced given that the last STTNG that sold around here was in Santa Clara for about $4500.

The NGG I am being offered is a straight across trade. It appears to be very clean, with little to no slam ramp wear, and the insides are so clean I don't think it was routed. The exterior is in pretty good shape with only some small scratches on the head.

My initial reaction is that my machine may be worth a bit more, but not much. I am trying to work out a fair trade here... What should the values of the machines be in this trade?

#2 2 years ago

It is a good trade for the other person. Check the values on each game in the top 100. You need about 1k on top of the trade. Not to mention STTNG is 10 times the game NGG is.

#3 2 years ago

I don't know anything aboot Cali prices but STNG is always worth more than NGG. Are you crazy? Yes. Would you be happy? Yes...for like a couple weeks. As wolfy said NGG isn't even close.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

but NGG is always worth more than NGG

I know you mean STTNG is always worth more than NGG.

By the way, I own NGG and like it, but STTNG is miles above it in value and also play IMHO. Someone would have to put cash on top of a NGG to make the deal equal.

#5 2 years ago

Yes....yes you are.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Someone would have to put cash on top of a NGG to make the deal equal.

Yeah.. I think the same thing... Now I just need to figure out how much cash....

#7 2 years ago

A really nice NGG vs a players STTNG is not that far off in value. Not arguing the play or fun differences just price.

#8 2 years ago

STTNG is way more of a game than NGG. NGG is fun for a while but I tire of it quickly. STTNG is probably may favorite all time pin, so I guess I am biased. If my father didn't already own a nice example I would have one.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

A really nice NGG vs a players STTNG is not that far off in value. Not arguing the play or fun differences just price.

This is true. I'm assuming the STTNG is in nice condition. Based on the description in the for sale ad, it doesn't seem too bad for a previously routed pin.

#10 2 years ago

Disagree with most posts above - Prices I've seen have STTNG and NGG pricing very close to the same.
Definitely not $1000 more for STTNG.

#11 2 years ago

If condition is around the same (nice overall)
and no mods ngg is usually around 3300 and sttng is usually around 3700-3800.

#12 2 years ago

NGG is a top 5 pin.

#13 2 years ago

I've owned both would own a sttng again wouldn't want a ngg.

#14 2 years ago

According to Pinside the price range for a STTNG is $3980-$4620 and for a NGG $3330-$3870.
So the cash received for STTNG in the swap should be in the range $110-$1290.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

NGG is a top 5 pin.

You forgot a zero

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

NGG is a top 5 pin.

Top 500....maybe.

Normally I say to each their own on pinball titles...but this one's a no brainer.
You can and will do better.

#17 2 years ago

You're going to need about $500 coming your way. A nice Gofers is maybe $3500, a decent STTNG is $4k.

Both good games; I like STTNG a bit better, but I've had Gofers for long enough to be a bit tired of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside