(Topic ID: 219009)

Am I crazy to want to trade TSPP for GOTG?

By oropuro

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TSPP for a GOTG pro”

• Go for it newer game over older 32 votes
    39%
  • Don't do it, Simpsons is an all time great 42 votes
    51%
  • Sell LOTR and buy GOTG new 4 votes
    5%
  • both games are losers 4 votes
    5%

(82 votes)

#1 5 years ago

had a blast at NWPS and especially drawn to GOTG, not sure if its just my favorite game with a new screen or what. liked the gameplay of aerosmith but the art and theme are a no go! Iron Maiden was fun also but not what I kept looking for to play. TSPP has been on my keeper side of the room, but nothing is forever.

#2 5 years ago

do whatever makes you happy. I would think the majority of people would probably think its a bad move based on gameplay and longevity of the two titles, but get what you like my man

#3 5 years ago

Straight-up I might do the deal, but I wouldn't lose any money on this swap.

#4 5 years ago

GotG is not a bad game, but I didn’t see anything spectacular about it either. The games with the newer displays are tempting. I’d wait awhile and see if something else comes out that you really, really like before you give up the TSPP

#5 5 years ago

I could live without TSPP. They're only games...if you miss it that much another one will come around.

#6 5 years ago

Not crazy at all.

#7 5 years ago

TSPP is not worth the cost of a new GotG.

Other than that get it if you like the game play better. TSPP is deep rule-wise but you can get sick of any game after a while.

#8 5 years ago

Depends on condition of the TSPP...if you think tomorrow can find another one that’s as nice or nicer for what you originally paid for it, and there’s no cash coming out of pocket to get the GOTG, then I would strongly consider it. Lots of factors here ....

#9 5 years ago

Simpsons is awesome but if you are sick of it you are sick of it and it's time for some fresh meat so to speak.

#10 5 years ago

I actually REALLY enjoy GOTG. Simpsons I have and like, but honestly it's just trying to reach Alien Invasion over and over.

I know there's a ton more to do, but none of it is easy to start. I mean, Pretzel? I'll never see that.

GOTG is probably fantastic with the cleland sound mod.

2 months later
#11 5 years ago

The Simpsons to me is a very overrated title but the theme is hard to beat and you will always have good resale
Guardians I would get over this but probably lose a bit of coin down the track.
If your considering this then your probably of the mind that your sick of tspp and need something new. Tspp didn't last a month in my home. Horrible shots and just a crap game that got old fast.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12 5 years ago

Nah not crazy, thinking of trading mine for a music pin, to mix things up .

#13 5 years ago

How many times have you played TSSP? probably a shitload so get something new.

#15 5 years ago

I'de say keep the tspp if it's a nice one. If it's under par then do that deal and if you miss it, get a nicer one down the road.

Personally, I can't get into these newer stern pins. Can't stand the music pins because I don't like the bands. Can't stand the movie/show based ones cause I don't like the movies. But, if you dig the gameplay then go for it cause thats what it's all about in the end. I was not a big fan of the Simpsons theme, and themes huge for me. That being said I love the gameplay so much on it I had to have it so, do some thinking first.

#16 5 years ago

TSPP is the best game Stern will ever make. If you want a GOTG then figure out a way to keep both but don't do the trade.

John

#17 5 years ago

If the value is the same, what is the difference ? Get a new game , enjoy the freshness of it and play it until it gets boring for you. You can always sell or trade for another pin to keep the line up fresh. It s just a game play it and have fun. Simple

#18 5 years ago

If it was my collection, I’d get rid of royal rumble and t3 for a GotG

#19 5 years ago

I have the same question about changing my iron man vault for gotg and deadpool ....

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

it's just trying to reach Alien Invasion over and over.
I know there's a ton more to do, but none of it is easy to start. I mean, Pretzel? I'll never see that.

Try this instead of Alien Invasion to make TSPP new and fresh...

Start and FINISH as many modes as you can in one ball. It's just a right orbit and TV loop to start a new mode - fairly easy to start modes.

Do them all and each shot is worth over 7M. And with double scoring going, you can explode the score. It's harder than AI. But just do 3 or 4 and your score will skyrocket. Gotta keep the timer going though.

Also, if you just wanna play Pretzel, you can get it by focusing on the shot. Unlike SDME Wizard mode, Pretzel is not impossible.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Try this instead of Alien Invasion to make TSPP new and fresh...
Start and FINISH as many modes as you can in one ball. It's just a right orbit and TV loop to start a new mode - fairly easy to start modes.
Do them all and each shot is worth over 7M. And with double scoring going, you can explode the score. It's harder than AI. But just do 3 or 4 and your score will skyrocket. Gotta keep the timer going though.
Also, if you just wanna play Pretzel, you can get it by focusing on the shot. Unlike SDME Wizard mode, Pretzel is not impossible.

OK I'll try that. Need to mix up strategy to keep it fresh.

#22 5 years ago

For TSPP I'd go for it but I'm just not a super fan of that title as I've neer really played one that played well.

Not what is crazy, is I've been thinking of selling my METLE for a GOTG. I'm more of a mode based person and the new code really is fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-crazy-to-want-to-trade-tspp-for-gotg?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.