• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hoby le (resized).PNG
schange only digs le (resized).PNG
Who-D (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago

The pro is fun, if you can swing it dollar wise go premium or LE. You won't be disappointed.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I got tired after looking at the first 3 I clicked on.....
but you get the point... basically the questions was answered on here before it was even asked. Unfortunate that pinside has gone so far to the point that LE buyers will defend the subpar shooter over concern of lost value. Side by side it is not even a close comparison that the pro is the better game and here you just have people justifying the purchase they already own.
It is the reality of current pinside where a good portion of the users own collections largely made up of premium/LE sterns from the past 3 years.

There's no grand conspiracy to get pro owners to upgrade to Premium/LE's. Unless I'm mistaken, the OP wanted to hear from people that have experience with the game he's thinking of upgrading to and who better than current or previous owners. He's been on Pinside for 3 years so I'm pretty sure he knows to look at the collection icon, its no secret. I personally think the pro is a blast and a better value as with all pros. I prefer the premium/LE and that's obviously why I bought it.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, sorry I was not trying to be a d***
I was pointing out that the majority of GB owners on pinside are going to be prem/le as that is a good chunck of what the active forum users here own. Many of them bought the LE or prem from the start. There is a natural desire from many to defend this and hope it holds value. That bias overrides the ability to provide a subjective opinion on value

Coming to pinside to ask if the LE is worth the extra cash is a foredrawn conclusion on what the answer will be.

Thought you were trying to pee in my Cheerios this morning. It's all good. I think the OP's question is subjective. If you're paying the extra cash for an LE over a premium you'd want to have a big boner for lime green and slimer artwork.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

the LE flippers feel stronger and it is more difficult to flipper pass and tap pass compared to the Pro. Airballs also seem to be worse on the LE especially around the left ramp and gameplay just seems more brutal in general. The right ramp on the Prem also is frustrating to hit as shots that should make it around sometimes don't make that curve and come back down.

These are the exact things I had to address to get the game where I wanted it. It would be a different game if these items weren't addressed.

Carrot flippers (extended length), had to make a plastic protector for air balls off left ramp as the ones available weren't quite wide enough and brought the right PKE ramp down by changing hex standoff underneath-

#60 6 years ago

Interesting Goatdan, I didn't realize they moved them up on later production games. I think I may move my flippers up a tad and try it out. Thinking this would have solved the need to adjust the PKE ramp and I'd be able to back hand the left ramp which would be a bit of a game changer.

Thanks for the tip!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-crazy-gb-pro-plus-cash-for-gble?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.