• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hoby le (resized).PNG
schange only digs le (resized).PNG
Who-D (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 6 years ago

Stick with the Pro. It's the better shooting game! I actually prefer the right ramp setup on the Pro to the LE. Left ramp is smoother as well.

#35 6 years ago

Maybe it's just the examples I've played but the "flipper feel" on the Premium/LE's that I've played feels noticeably different than the Pro. Not sure if their are any difference in flipper circuitry or power settings but the LE flippers feel stronger and it is more difficult to flipper pass and tap pass compared to the Pro. Airballs also seem to be worse on the LE especially around the left ramp and gameplay just seems more brutal in general. The Pro feels more controllable and has a better feel to it at least on the examples that I have played. I just seem to get more cheap drains on the LE/Prem compared to the Pro. The right ramp on the Prem also is frustrating to hit as shots that should make it around sometimes don't make that curve and come back down. This could all be due to individual game setup/settings but it is something that I have definitely noticed and left a bad taste in my mouth for the non Pro models.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

These are the exact things I had to address to get the game where I wanted it. It would be a different game if these items weren't addressed.
Carrot flippers (extended length), had to make a plastic protector for air balls off left ramp as the ones available weren't quite wide enough and brought the right PKE ramp down by changing hex standoff underneath-

Maybe the LE/Prem just requires extra tweaking compared to the Pro to get it to play right? I've played multiple GB Pro's straight out of the box that played great with no adjustments. Maybe someday I'll get a chance to play a properly setup LE/Prem which could sway my opinion. I still think the Pro is a fantastic game for the money though and I'm not sure if the extra features would be worth the extra cost even if the game was dialed in and playing great.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Coming to pinside to ask if the LE is worth the extra cash is a foredrawn conclusion on what the answer will be.
Reality is that I cant think of a single LE that is worth the extra cash? The value is not there, the LE is uber overpriced for what is added, and across the board the consensus from actual players is that the pro always settles into being the overall better game (both value and shooter). Ocassionally there is a feature that everybody wishes the pro model had (i.e. walker bombs on TWD for example) but that feature is yet to prove worth it from any pro/prem/le game I have seen.

The only Stern Premium that is worth the extra cash IMO is ACDC. The bell is far superior and the drops, light show, lower playfield, upgraded sound system, powdercoat, etc. really make it worth the extra $1700 or so over the Pro. Even though it is a Premium model it is more feature packed than any of the recent Stern LE models. I do have a TWD LE in my collection and prefer it to the Pro mostly because of the Walker bomb strategy, spinners and the light show but bang for the buck the Pro is still the way to go. It's my favorite game of all time though so I wanted the version that I liked the best even if it isn't the "best value".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,699 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-crazy-gb-pro-plus-cash-for-gble?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.