Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Ballsofsteel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Chic_on_Pin.jpg
MM_jon.jpg
pinside_mob_mentality.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
medieval.jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

HERE WE GO - AWESOME!!!

Jon

medieval.jpg

#3 6 years ago

Need to see a pic or two of the PF but in todays market I am sure you did just fine.

Congrats on the pickup.

#4 6 years ago

What is the overall condition? The cab looks pretty nice. I'd say you did pretty well unless it's a complete mess...

#5 6 years ago

Only thing that really matters is if you are happy ?

You happy ?

Good.

Enjoy your great game.

LTG : )

#6 6 years ago

Yes,your crazy. About a year from now you'll have more fun just standing there staring at it than actually playing it. Hopefully the bubble doesn't burst & you can get your $10K back some day.

#7 6 years ago

I didnt really buy it to resell, so im not too worried about that.
I've found that someone always wants a MM though, so im not too worried about having to get rid of it if I had to.
Its been one of my favorite pins, so I had to sacrifice others to come up with the money.

Jon

#8 6 years ago

Relax... It's only pinball.

#9 6 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the club, Jon. Yeah, post some more pics especially the playfield.

#10 6 years ago

I'll be setting it up later tonight and posting pix.

Jon

#11 6 years ago

If you have a spare $10k laying around, then I guess its a great buy! I don't have $10k, so for me it would be a horrible purchase.
Isn't it pretty much that simple?
I remember asking a guy if he minded paying so much for an original BBB, then I remembered that he is a millionaire & its just a drop in the bucket for him.

#12 6 years ago

Nice pick up, congrats!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Shit, I remember buying one back in the 90s for $2000

And I sold ours which was in almost brand new condition in 2002 for $5,000. Doh!!! Hindsight is an amazing thing. Oh well, back in 2002 I wasn't playing it much and $5,000 was a ton of money for a pinball machine.

Welcome to the MM party, I'd say you did pretty good on the transaction (as others have mentioned, would help to see some pics but I bet you did just fine!). Nice!

#14 6 years ago

Nice score Jon, always good to see a buddy get a nice game.

#15 6 years ago

I just picked up a MM last night for $6000K

Woke up this morning and I swear this pin looks just like BBBB

Dont drink heavily and buy pins!

Cheers
PCE

#16 6 years ago

Damn, and I was gonna start a thread "Hook or Medieval Madness, which one to sell?"

I may still.

#17 6 years ago

Congrats on your new acquirement!!!

#18 6 years ago

Nice!

#19 6 years ago

pix

image.jpeg

#20 6 years ago

All jokes aside- You scored!

#21 6 years ago

You had a great score! Enjoy!

#22 6 years ago

I paid $6200 for a MM a few years back and thought I was getting gouged. If you're happy with the game, and it plays like you had hoped, you scored.

#23 6 years ago

I dropped 2 quarters into Medieval Madness in 1997 and only scored around a hundred million or so. I felt robbed.

#24 6 years ago

8K for MM in that shape today is a steal.

You did good!!!

#25 6 years ago

Relax and enjoy your pin. Your not going to lose any money on it for 8k.

#26 6 years ago

Ok I'll say it. You have owned over 50 pinball machines including this one, me thinks you know a deal when you see one. Thinly veiled brag?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Ok I'll say it. You have owned over 50 pinball machines including this one, me thinks you know a deal when you see one. Thinly veiled brag?

LMAO, that was exactly what I was thinking.

#28 6 years ago

Thats thinking about it too deeply. Ill be honest - I had buyers remorse almost immediately after buying it, but im starting to feel better about it.

Jon

#29 6 years ago

congratz on a nice grab

#30 6 years ago

Did they ever finish the code for that?

#31 6 years ago

is the latest rom for this 1.09H?

jon

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Did they ever finish the code for that?

Before they sold it, if I recall.

#33 6 years ago

This pin goes up in value $1k/year, so buying it at any price is a good deal, because it's the "investment pin." (Past performance is not indicative of future results)

#34 6 years ago

Jon you are crazy but not for buying that MM-I thought when I got picture during dinner you were just moving to one of the arcades. This is awesome it will look great next to MB. Now just CC and BBB to top off collection(; Now I am like a little boy-"Can I come over and play too?" When you get tired of it-I will give you the 8k back for it

#35 6 years ago

i said 8k+ pinmister!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I will give you the 8k back for it

Quoted from eXidy:

i said 8k+ pinmister!

You guys in Colo. always seem to come to peaceful solutions.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Ok, so I was offered a MM last night and I have lost sleep because of it. Thought about it all night and asked probably 10 of my friends if I should do it, just about everyone said yes. I paid over 8k for it, but its fully shopped and in good shape. Shit, I remember buying one back in the 90s for $2000
Years ago they were right at 8k but now I've lost track of their value, I hope I did ok.
Jon

I'm calling B.S. that you didn't know if this MM was worth it.. don't you run a price guide for video games? And don't you buy lots of big title games, i.e., like the one mentioned in a thread a little while ago? It's OK to brag, but come on dude...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-pin-haul-yesterday

#38 6 years ago

Congrats, Jon! Really fun game, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

#39 6 years ago

Lame.

I have a VIDEO GAME price guide. As you can see this is a pinball game. I checked ebay ended auctions and one sold for $13k, I researched here and see the games being bought from $6000-$12000.
I never knew paying retail price for a pin was a brag, but ultimately I think I did ok.

Jon

#40 6 years ago

Jon knows more about games than most people he is just very humble and honest. We have looked at other MM together and price can vary quite a bit depending on playfield. So when you drop over 8k it is a big deal-you want some reassurance that you did the right thing. I believe Jon was referring to how things have changed from the good ol' days-that's all

#41 6 years ago

I haven't seen trashed MM's sell for $8K in a year or so. If you want to sell that one to me for $10K, hit me up.

How much did you sell the other one for that you got in the haul?

#42 6 years ago

Let the madness begin!

#43 6 years ago

Im not going to defend myself here. I had some major buyers remorse when I left with the game thats why I posted on here. This wasnt a bulk buy it was a straight to my collection purchase

Cobray

We went in on a bulk buy previously. I didnt get the Medieval, my friend got it and we have it in our shop above the 1up for personal use. I couldnt afford buying everything there, so I peeled one off for a friend to make the deal happen.

Jon

#44 6 years ago

Dude that's a score. End of story. Enjoy

#45 6 years ago

Cobray's offering $2k profit off the bat... I think your 10 minutes buyer's remorse is over.

...though that's not relevant when keeping it, as all the money remains tied up in the game.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

And I sold ours which was in almost brand new condition in 2002 for $5,000. Doh!!! Hindsight is an amazing thing. Oh well, back in 2002 I wasn't playing it much and $5,000 was a ton of money for a pinball machine.
Welcome to the MM party, I'd say you did pretty good on the transaction (as others have mentioned, would help to see some pics but I bet you did just fine!). Nice!

And I was thinking of buying the MM as well as that super nice ST:TNG I got from from you. Problem was the USD was at $1.50 so that would have been $7.5K CAD

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from woz:

And I was thinking of buying the MM as well as that super nice ST:TNG I got from from you. Problem was the USD was at $1.50 so that would have been $7.5K CAD

I do remember us talking about the MM, sure would have been nice to have kept it local! The US$ was pretty crazy back then.

Hard to believe it was 11 years ago...

#48 6 years ago

I'm not a bit surprised Jon got it for the price he paid. Most on this site are so willing to comment on price check threads without having a clue what they are talking about. Noobs, ebay, and pinside have created a perceived price. For instance, there was an 8K AFM on eBay. Some idiot bought it ( maybe) and all of a sudden AFM is an 8K pin because some dumbfuck paid 8K. This in turn spawns AFM price check threads where 50 posters claim one just sold on eBay for 8K so obviously that's the going rate. Ask one of the Pinside "legends" for a price check.

#49 6 years ago

OP jut went to another thread and commented that $9,300 was a great price for a faded and blown out AFM. OP was either trolling that thread or simply bragging in this one. Either way, I hate seeing the inconsistency and bad advice he gave to a new pinsider on that AFM.

He knows he got a great deal on MM and he knows that AFM was a rip off.

#50 6 years ago

What a....

image.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Boards
PinSound
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside