Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JeffF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6B331B8D-7060-47FA-AB39-0D4591C459B4 (resized).jpeg
    41867C69-889C-49E5-8B17-427BF49E8304 (resized).jpeg
    6E47C46D-BDE6-46E8-A42D-9FEBCE438C1A (resized).jpeg
    731D818C-8CEC-40D2-B652-3412F5E8C826 (resized).jpeg
    D122228A-753D-4D82-BA17-B68EB322264B (resized).jpeg
    th (resized).jpg
    not_insane_by_mc06x (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I am fairly new to the site but am excited to get the pin I have wanted tomorrow. Going to be two long days but can’t wait. I’ll update my trip here.

Wish I was going towards Allentown but it’s another 350 miles out of my way.

#2 5 years ago

Yes, you’re crazy. Sad thing is, most of us are too!! That’s a lot of travel, but if that makes you happy, go for it.

#3 5 years ago

I've traveled about 150 miles less (total trip) the same distance for a machine, as well. So, yeah, you're crazy - but I'm fine...

not_insane_by_mc06x (resized).jpgnot_insane_by_mc06x (resized).jpg

#4 5 years ago

Road trips are awesome. Always memorable in a good way.

#5 5 years ago

My guess, looking at wishlist....Funhouse?

#6 5 years ago

Just did 1400......in 2 days. Its was long, but it was a fun trip......do it man.....it adds points to yer pinball mancard

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1400-mile-round-trip-in-48-hours

#7 5 years ago

I think 1700 miles and above is crazy. At 1684 you will be ok -- just don't make any side trips.

#8 5 years ago

Crazy...like a fox.

#9 5 years ago

Hell fucking no you're not. I drive 8 hours each way regularly now for one. If I want it, I'm coming for it. Drive on!!!!

#10 5 years ago

Yup you are crazy.

If you are newer to the pinball scene work local angles to help find what you are looking for. Many many pins are sold person to person. I have bought and sold 90% of my pins not using Pinside, CL etc

Hit me up with a PM of what you are looking for in the future and I can see if I can direct you.

#11 5 years ago

I did 1350 miles round trip in one day - left early in the morning, got there early afternoon, spend about a hour and a half looking at the pin and loading up... then back on the road another 8+ hours heading home. I think I drank a 6 pack of Mountain Dew and a few Red Bull’s to stay awake but made it!

#12 5 years ago

I did 700 miles once for a video game, but wow that’s a lot!

#13 5 years ago

Dirty secret is that the more local connections that you make in person, the less likely you will have to travel so far to buy what you want. After 15 years, I can make a few phone callls and send off a few emails and I rarely have to drive very far to buy what I want, as long as it’s not a rarity.

#14 5 years ago

Going to pick up a game? How about going long distance to deliver one? I drove 1400 miles to take a Pinbot to my buddy in KC. Now....I was going there for work already and took the mileage instead of taking a plane trip. So put an asterisk next to that crazy drive. Haha!

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I think 1700 miles and above is crazy. At 1684 you will be ok -- just don't make any side trips.

Good I’ll stay away from side trips.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yup you are crazy.
    If you are newer to the pinball scene work local angles to help find what you are looking for. Many many pins are sold person to person. I have bought and sold 90% of my pins not using Pinside, CL etc
    Hit me up with a PM of what you are looking for in the future and I can see if I can direct you.

I will do that. This is a great machine and a great deal for what it has.

Quoted from Stones:

Just did 1400......in 2 days. Its was long, but it was a fun trip......do it man.....it adds points to yer pinball mancard
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1400-mile-round-trip-in-48-hours

I was following yours and got a little inspiration.

Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I've traveled about 150 miles less (total trip) the same distance for a machine, as well. So, yeah, you're crazy - but I'm fine...

At least it’s not 1800 miles.

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

My guess, looking at wishlist....Funhouse?

Not a funhouse.....I’ll post some pictures when I get there.

#16 5 years ago

I will just say I went on a 4 hour trip each way to pick up my breakshot. And I thought I did a good job transporting it... But, I was wrong... Machine was in mint shape when I bought it with everything working nice and tight... No real cab damage when I shipped it. But, the machine was all kind of jacked up when I got it back. Issues I am still tweaking and resolving... But, I got most of the bugs out now. But, when I got it home the kicker wasn't working right, the bankshot didn't work at all. And the left lower flipper was too weak, and the upper one was a bit weak, but still can hit all the shots. Also one of the screws came out of the gates that enable the supercue. That had to be located and put back it.
    So all I will say is you're not crazy. But, do your best to secure the pin. I just wish I would have brought a mattress in the truck bed to cushion all the bumps. Midwest roads are not smooth... but, with 1,600 miles I think you'll cover 1/3 or half the country.
    Drive and be safe man!!!

#17 5 years ago

You're not crazy, pinball road trips are awesome.

Farthest I've been is 1,000 miles round trip...was planning on picking up a collector quality CV (for $2700) but wound up bringing home a like-new SS (for a whopping $2900). That was 2001. I miss those days and prices.

I sold a BK to a guy a few years back who drove 800 miles to my house to pick it up and turned right around and drove home (he went Clovis, NM to Las Vegas, NV and back). Now that's dedication.

Have fun!

#18 5 years ago

Another 1300 miles trip one way back for four games, next week, after flying. Part of the business, if wish to acquire what you want.

#19 5 years ago

My vote, definitely insane, just saying.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Balaraform:

I am fairly new to the site but am excited to get the pin I have wanted tomorrow. Going to be two long days but can’t wait. I’ll update my trip here.

no your not crazy,you have been bitten by the pin bug!!...lol!!

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

You're not crazy, pinball road trips are awesome.
    Farthest I've been is 1,000 miles round trip...was planning on picking up a collector quality CV (for $2700) but wound up bringing home a like-new SS (for a whopping $2900). That was 2001. I miss those days and prices.
    I sold a BK to a guy a few years back who drove 800 miles to my house to pick it up and turned right around and drove home (he went Clovis, NM to Las Vegas, NV and back). Now that's dedication.
    Have fun!

ahhh,the good ole days when pins were a dime a dozen..great games at AWESOME prices

#22 5 years ago

If you're questioning your own sanity then I would say you are still pretty safe.

1400, 1500 or even 1600 mile journeys to fetch a pin by no means indicates that one is nuts. It just means one is willing to do what it takes to get what they want!

Like I've been sayin',
    Sometimes 'ya just 'gotta go get 'em!

#23 5 years ago

Drove from Melbourne to Sydney an back , 9 hours each way twice to pick up pins. So yes your crazy but you gotta do what you have to do to get the deal done. Well done.

#24 5 years ago

As long as you know the seller won't pull a Charlie Brown from under you and sell to a local for $1 more, then I say go for it!

#25 5 years ago

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#26 5 years ago

Just got to Cleveland 2 hours till I get my pin... then 13 hours Home.....dilly dilly

#27 5 years ago

Oh, you are such a cup cake. 800 miles one way is nothing. 1534 miles one way---it was the right pin. But in the future, anything over 1000 gets shipped.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Oh, you are such a cup cake. 800 miles one way is nothing. 1534 miles one way---it was the right pin. But in the future, anything over 1000 gets shipped.

If it's your "grail" pin.....I personally wouldn't take the chance on trusting shipping. I would go pick that thing up first hand. Plus, you can see it first hand.....

#29 5 years ago

Not crazy.....as long as the weather is nice that is. Have a fun trip.

#30 5 years ago

I totally understand. I flew to Seattle recently, rented a van and drove a Seeburg Shoot The Bear (EM shooting game from the 1940s) back home to Phoenix all in 38 hours.

#31 5 years ago

Yep, thats crazy.

Quoted from Balaraform:

#32 5 years ago

Going to Cleveland for anything is crazy...

#33 5 years ago

I took a 700 mile round trip for a Future Spa recently. Drove more miles to get it than I spent in dollars on the machine.

Been wanting one for years and the drive was definitely worth it to me, very, very happy to have my Future Spa!

#34 5 years ago

Just as
    "one man's trash is another man's treasure"
    so too is
    "one man's crazy is another man's perfectly normal"

#35 5 years ago

OK so If your crazy, then I must be insane. (probably what the guy I got my pin from thought) I did a trade where I brought the pin swapped it and returned home. 3500 miles round trip! Heck we are all crazy if you think about much, so don't think about just do it!

#36 5 years ago

Just do what you want to to and dont worry about what anyone else thinks. Sounds like you're really looking forward to the trip and you're going to have fun so i say go for it. Have fun, be safe, and enjoy!

#37 5 years ago

Deal go bad or are you just over excited.....???..............Joey

#38 5 years ago

Is shipping not an option? Since you are new, you do know lots of people ship pins successfully?

#39 5 years ago

Don't let us hanging here

#40 5 years ago

The level of crazy depends on which pin you are driving to Cleveland for. Don't tell us it's Shaq Attack.

#41 5 years ago

It depends. Is it a nib Tron, or a fully restored classic?
    If you drove 1700 miles for a DE Simpsons then yeah, you might be section 8.

#42 5 years ago

Haha! Jinx.
    Def a Shaq Attack now.

#43 5 years ago

Hey all sorry long day drive and lots of rain the whole way stopped about midnight and made the final trip home.

I picked up a TSPP w/color dmd and mods. Just was getting it set up
    When my son jammed a knife in his arm....so no pics yet now we are at urgent care waiting ina stictch or two.....

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Balaraform:

I picked up a TSPP w/color dmd and mods. Just was getting it set up
    When my son jammed a knife in his arm....so no pics yet now we are at urgent care waiting ina stictch or two.....

OOps... sorry to hear that. Hope he is alright. He will feel a lot better once he starts playing that Simpsons!

#45 5 years ago

Round number of 10,000 miles flying from Australia to Europe to verify a single machine was legitimate and as advertised.

pin-sanity.

#46 5 years ago

Not crazy, just ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May need an Opiate substitute to ween you off before it's too late!

#47 5 years ago

Not the greatest pictures but all I could snap before my phone died.

Wow it is a challenging game.

D122228A-753D-4D82-BA17-B68EB322264B (resized).jpegD122228A-753D-4D82-BA17-B68EB322264B (resized).jpeg

731D818C-8CEC-40D2-B652-3412F5E8C826 (resized).jpeg731D818C-8CEC-40D2-B652-3412F5E8C826 (resized).jpeg

6E47C46D-BDE6-46E8-A42D-9FEBCE438C1A (resized).jpeg6E47C46D-BDE6-46E8-A42D-9FEBCE438C1A (resized).jpeg

41867C69-889C-49E5-8B17-427BF49E8304 (resized).jpeg41867C69-889C-49E5-8B17-427BF49E8304 (resized).jpeg

#48 5 years ago

Very nice. Congrats on a successful trip!

#49 5 years ago

I had TSPP as one of my two pins for five years. Loved it. The Springfield Mystery Spot was my favorite mode.
    Enjoy.

#50 5 years ago

You need to de-mod it back to original......that crap is a shit show

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-crazy-1684-miles-for-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.