(Topic ID: 309766)

Am I being a total Karen in this parenting situation? Poll included.

By Yoko2una

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I being a total Karen in this parenting situation? Poll included.”

• Yes. The parody is innocent enough. All the words were changed. Try to laugh one in a while in life. 107 votes
      55%
    • No. You're the one with your head screwed on right. You should absolutely voice your displeasure to the teacher. 88 votes
      45%

(195 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C97D32D1-415B-47C9-BDE3-E19B6A7ACF91.gif
    591E180C-B67E-4CE2-B209-8D02FEDA8B17 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    20220206_192508 (resized).jpg
    points (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rdjeyeroll.gif
    Old man (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcolonel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#42 2 years ago

Home school if it is feasible.

#120 2 years ago

I got 3 down votes, just for saying, home school if it is feasible.

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

my friends homeschool. Smartest kids for their age.

Best thing you can do for your child if it feasible.

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Are they smart because they think contrails are real and fluoride controls the masses?

You have actually jumped the shark now. I am going to speculate that your comments now are geared towards attention getting. You down vote my comment about home schooling, now you are suggesting that kids that are home schooled, are being fed the theories that are probably swimming around your noggin.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You downvoted one of mine for....?

Mistake. Yours was right at gambits.

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Look up at the purple picture posted above. It wasn’t referencing you. But whatever. Cool.

Lol, I just saw the purple... I have 5 teachers union members down voting me now..

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brainiac:

My wife was a middle school teacher years back. She quit since she didn't have to do it, and the schools she worked didn't have parental involvement.
    I'm big on education since I'm a first gen immigrant and school has let me become successful.
    So, the teacher is trying to get kids to participate, and he/she believes this is one way of doing it. The kids are going to be exposed to these things anyway, but as long as you have shown them the way you see fit, then they will follow. However, I would just send a message to the teacher and voice your concerns.
    We would. But haven't had to for something like this, OP. And my wife will escalate it to the school board member of our district if she wanted (she has before). Some may call her a Karen, but she's not going to let our kids be subject to any potentially negative influences while she's their parent and control what exposures they receive.

Amen! The parent(s) absolutely should be the controller, of what their children receive, in school or out. If they don't they are not worthy of being parents IMHO.

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Yikes... You are in a lean right politically dominate environment here on pinside and you're championing a 50-50 result as some sort of validation? In MY opinion (and it's just that, an opinion), you are not qualified to question your children's educators and unless it's something egregiously obvious like holding slave auctions (google it). You should stay in your lane. I get that being qualified these days seems to no longer matter but it still does.
    Jeff

Your opinion that a parent is not qualified to question your children's educators unless it is egregious(I assume there is nothing short of slave auctions that you consider egregious) is not one that I agree with.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Fair enough, we can disagree. I don't believe in this idea that everyone has to agree on everything to get along, be social, even be friends. This idea that's become pervasive in this country that we all must agree on everything to get along on anything is simply, wrong.
    Jeff

This I agree with 100%!

#206 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It's not a disagreement its ignorant dangerous bullshit that is the plaque of society. Yeah that shit needs to be fucking deleted. If people promote rape would just be like hey don't talk like that around women they don't agree with you. I need to take a break from this place.

Looks like your proclamation about taking a break from this place was just an empty threat.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcolonel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-being-a-total-karen-in-this-parenting-situation-poll-included?tu=elcolonel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.