(Topic ID: 309766)

Am I being a total Karen in this parenting situation? Poll included.

By Yoko2una

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I being a total Karen in this parenting situation? Poll included.”

• Yes. The parody is innocent enough. All the words were changed. Try to laugh one in a while in life. 107 votes
      55%
    • No. You're the one with your head screwed on right. You should absolutely voice your displeasure to the teacher. 88 votes
      45%

(195 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C97D32D1-415B-47C9-BDE3-E19B6A7ACF91.gif
    591E180C-B67E-4CE2-B209-8D02FEDA8B17 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    20220206_192508 (resized).jpg
    points (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rdjeyeroll.gif
    Old man (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's a school-issued Chromebook he uses, so I'm unable to change the software in any way per the handbook.

We actually got him an iPhone this winter because of his school being evacuated in mid-December from the Tik Tok school threats. The kids were rushed to a church parking lot miles away for parents to pick them up. The school's alert system failed, and I just happened to be driving by, otherwise I wouldn't have known. The phone gives now gives us a direct line of communication, but it stays in the office at night. No screens of any kind are allowed in his bedroom.
    The office is also where we have separate workstations, and whiteboard on the wall to work on things together... but I still need to do things like make dinner, walk the dog, and do laundry so although I have a good finger on the pulse of what he does, I can't stand over his shoulder every minute. The earbuds are what tipped me off last night after folding laundry that I should ask what he's doing that required audio.

What fun to be a kid these days... let him have his bitches and ho's song. you Karen.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-being-a-total-karen-in-this-parenting-situation-poll-included?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.