(Topic ID: 309766)

Am I being a total Karen in this parenting situation? Poll included.

By Yoko2una

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I being a total Karen in this parenting situation? Poll included.”

• Yes. The parody is innocent enough. All the words were changed. Try to laugh one in a while in life. 107 votes
      55%
    • No. You're the one with your head screwed on right. You should absolutely voice your displeasure to the teacher. 88 votes
      45%

(195 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C97D32D1-415B-47C9-BDE3-E19B6A7ACF91.gif
    591E180C-B67E-4CE2-B209-8D02FEDA8B17 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    20220206_192508 (resized).jpg
    points (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rdjeyeroll.gif
    Old man (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#30 2 years ago

First 100% full Karen. If at 13 years old you still feel your child is not capable of digesting information and forming an opinion, you are in deep trouble. I can't imagine at that age going around telling other people I am sorry but you have to filter what you are doing because it could be an influence on my child. Sadly myself as his parent have no ability to teach or communicate with them so even something as minor as a couple minutes of video could cause damage that we can not handle. At thirteen a boy is just knocking on the door of manhood, a girl can be well on her way to womanhood. How do people think its acceptable to treat a child that age like they are in kindergarten. It sounds stupid even using the word child.

#101 2 years ago

This place never fails to disappoint, why is there so much crazy in pinball.

#108 2 years ago

I sometimes struggle with the American version of racism are white people upset that people of color are allowed in books for kids? Is that really a thing, like in 2022?

#169 2 years ago

It's amazing to me that people think this place leans left. I'm Canadian left its way more left than the US version. The shit I see on here, is so far crazy right I can't even comprehend it. I had no idea what that picture of children's books even meant and it is a level of racism I don't think I have ever actual witnessed in real time. That picture is still up and unmoderated, leans left come on LOL

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Honest question, do one pic of books or an opinion of the books needs to be moderated, or do you simply reply, disagree, make a strong point and move on with your life? If you’re the morally correct point, you’re going to win that battle.
    Also, I feel like if this site is crazy right, it would’ve been shut down by now. There’s been some basement threads about masks and vax’s and whatnot, but overall I firmly believe this is a site that allows open discussion, about a good 60% being actually about pinball.
    I’m starting to wonder if this perceived “right bias” is because like 3-4 frequent posters get whiskey drunk all the time and go all MAGA on us. Because the inner circles I witness in this hobby I think lean left, are accepting of all, but some want to shut out the right, but others just say STFU and plunge the damn ball.

Dude it's a picture with the context that the a women that is the Vice President should not be allowed in a childrens book for the colour of her skin and it is somehow indoctrinating children. Now that I understand the context it is probably one of the most racist things I have ever seen happen in real time. Racism is everywhere but to actually see it just dropped like that is amazing to me. Most internet forums I visit that would be an instant lifetime ban. Here its just a Wednesday afternoon.

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Under that I believe (and I could be wrong) is a MLK book as well as a RBG book. So if the context is about the book on top shouldn’t be allowed to be a book, reply with some obvious reasons as to why it should. Again, the books under it I think many (maybe I’m wrong, hell Pinside is surprising me today) may say are totally warranted. So if someone says the 3rd book is crap, just say why it’s not crap. Just saying this pic or post should be deleted does you no good, and never provides the poster of that pic any ideas as to why they should reconsider their position.
    Nah, F-it. Just delete everything you disagree with and let’s just split up the US already. See ForceFlow, I just solved all the US problems

It's not a disagreement its ignorant dangerous bullshit that is the plaque of society. Yeah that shit needs to be fucking deleted. If people promote rape would just be like hey don't talk like that around women they don't agree with you. I need to take a break from this place.

#204 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I’m so glad this is in the basement. We have like 30 min before the lock.
    There are rules to this site. I’m not going to disagree that abject hatred shouldn’t be tolerated. It violates Rule #1, and not from Fight Club. And who wants that at a fundamental level? But if the post is rooted in just a differing POV, engage in conversation. There may be cultural differences between countries as well which I believe you cited.
    To some, KH absolutely should have a book because of her background and groundbreaking position in US history. Others may cite approval numbers and perceived lack of action. This is just what I see from both sides. Fuck, now I sound like Kaneda here just facilitating while not saying anything of substance.
    Either way, you disliked a post on a private website. Report it and explain your reasoning. If it violates, it’s gone. If not, engage and try to sway someone to your position.

Dude, I am not here to tell the site how to run their business. I could care less if he moderates or not. I don't play the whole fake bullshit arguments, she doesn't deserve a book because of some crazy dog whistle that no matter how you slice is based on ignorance and hate. I admit I really struggle in real life dealing with this level of stupidity, I just can't tolerate it. Occasionally this place can suck me into the nonsense. In general though I am just hear to be amazed and laugh my ass off. The Karen's, Right Wingers, Antivax, Trucker Convoy it's all just hysterical to me, I'm up here in the great white north happy as a pig in shit.

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Looks like your proclamation about taking a break from this place was just an empty threat.

Thinking one needs a break isn't the same as promising to take a break. Hey I know this place leans a into crazy town but I'm here for it. I don't think the post needs to be deleted from pinside, I have gotten plenty of laughs from all the crazy shit they allow. I think it would be deleted from sites that are actually left leaning. By all means add me to your ignore list I will happily be deleted from you experience on Pinside.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-being-a-total-karen-in-this-parenting-situation-poll-included?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.