(Topic ID: 352165)

Am I a snowflake?

By Tranquilize

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I a snowflake?”

• Nah, man. The world is becoming a toilet. 45 votes
      68%
    • Yeah man. Do some fucking push-ups or something 21 votes
      32%

(66 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8162.gif
    IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
    hulk-hogan-brother.gif
    giphy-2.gif
    why-not-both (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 months ago

I'm in Honolulu walking with my wife and I see a car with a giant sticker that says FUCK YOUR FEELINGS. In my neighborhood back in Canuckland, a person has a giant sign in their front window that says FUCK [removed]

don't you think we've entered an era where basic decency and civility is completely out the fucking window? I'm no moralist. I used to drink, fuck and swear with the best of them, but even at my worst, I wouldn't want to purposely offend almost everyone around me.... Is the world digressing? Or am I being a snowflake?

#2 5 months ago

No, not a snow flake in my opinion. Decency towards others is seemingly out of fashion. Anger is running high. Disconnect from our neighbors continues to fester. Important to stay human, decency wherever possible.

#3 5 months ago

I try to teach my daughter that swearing in public is not classy.
    She's only seven now, so who knows how long that message will stay with her.

#4 5 months ago

No. You’re not.

#5 5 months ago

Doesn’t sound like it. The Snowflakes seem to be the ones who are pretending to be victims while imposing their own will on others, and getting mad when there’s push back. You seem to just be a little shocked at a lack of decency. Not the same.

#6 5 months ago

Nothing wrong with having morals and decency.

#7 5 months ago

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure things will get much better in the coming months leading up to November!

#8 5 months ago

SNOWFLAKE, do push ups

#9 5 months ago

There is an answer, but I’m sure it’s against forum rules to discuss.

Ephesians 4:29

#10 5 months ago

There was a snowflake in front of me in traffic the other day. Bumper stickers side by side said, COEXIST and RESIST.

#11 5 months ago

I wouldn't say that you are a one but the person with the bumper sticker definitely is a snowflake. They were so triggered by other people's feelings that they needed to buy and display a bumper sticker about it.

#12 5 months ago

No. People are assholes.

#13 5 months ago

Like Demolition Man. The world has become a pussy whipped, Brady bunch version of itself.

#14 5 months ago

If you have to ask and if you value these responses then yeah kind of.
    I prescribe a couple slices of country Ham,a pack of Marlboro Reds and at least one stiff drink.

#15 5 months ago

You're not wrong, people are giant jerks.
    But you can still be a snowfkake.

why-not-both (resized).jpgwhy-not-both (resized).jpg
    #16 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure things will get much better in the coming months leading up to November!

It’s all clear skies and ball eating sharks from here!

#18 5 months ago

We have become so unmoved by indecency, we basically are accepting it out of hand. There was a time when the neighbors would have got together and gave mister F@ck Trudeau "the talk" about how we don't appreciate the foul language in our neighborhood and around our children. Is this being a slowflake, no, it is holding someone accountable for their indecent window postings, as much as we would tell Miss Voyeur to close her drapes.

But where we are now, in the US, you never know what kind of response this would bring about... do the guns come out, or just fisticuffs? Hell, we've become so road rage weary we don't even flip each other off anymore, we just unholster our glocks and start plugging the other motorists....

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

we don't even flip each other off anymore

not true, i average getting flipped off 7.6 X a week

#20 5 months ago

Nah. Our society just rewards loud attention seeking behavior. Yesterday was shocked when someone at the store simply held the door open. Reminded me to pay attention and do better.

#21 5 months ago

This is a result of taking dodge ball out of Gym class.

#22 5 months ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm in Honolulu walking with my wife and I see a car with a giant sticker that says FUCK YOUR FEELINGS. In my neighborhood back in Canuckland, a person has a giant sign in their front window that says FUCK TRUDEAU (our prime minister).
    Politics aside, don't you think we've entered an era where basic decency and civility is completely out the fucking window? I'm no moralist. I used to drink, fuck and swear with the best of them, but even at my worst, I wouldn't want to purposely offend almost everyone around me.... Is the world digressing? Or am I being a snowflake?

Yes, but not for this reason.

#23 5 months ago

I often feel the same way about certain people. But I would never put vulgar language on a bumper sticker or a sign in my yard where children could see it.

I just think we're at a point right now where people who haven't previously been involved in politics are getting fed up, and now they're trying to express themselves publicly for the first time.

#24 5 months ago

Not necessarily but don't let those dickheads bother you. Most people these days are self-absorbed, keyboard badasses. It ain't like it used to be!

#25 5 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Yesterday was literally shocked when someone at the store simply held the door open. Reminded me to pay attention and do better.

That's a good point. There are many, many good people out there. I'm almost 50, and I actively try to help everyone around me have a better day instead of a worse one. I think it makes me more sensitive to those doing the opposite.

Quoted from Bublehead:

We have become so unmoved by indecency, we basically are accepting it out of hand. There was a time when the neighbors would have got together and gave mister F@ck Trudeau "the talk" about how we don't appreciate the foul language in our neighborhood and around our children. Is this being a slowflake, no, it is holding someone accountable for their indecent window postings, as much as we would tell Miss Voyeur to close her drapes.
    But where we are now, in the US, you never know what kind of response this would bring about... do the guns come out, or just fisticuffs? Hell, we've become so road rage weary we don't even flip each other off anymore, we just unholster our glocks and start plugging the other motorists....

Another good point. I never even consider interacting with the people plastering the world with toxicity for the same reasons.

#26 5 months ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

We used to have to play it shirts versus skins!

#27 5 months ago

I think, part of the snowflake culture we are living through right now comes from a tidal wave of less willed people who have been victimized their entire lives, and now, as adults, they want the "bullies" of every day life "handled" for them via laws , police, and oversite. They feel everyone else needs to submit to the "nanny" police in order to prevent someone from being some how impacted by the negativity of anything that triggers them, or anyone else, for that matter.

This "I am outraged on your behalf" s#it is the stuff that triggers me... empathy is one thing, but empathetic outrage seems to be an oxymoron.

Point in case, here in Phoenix, we have a road named "Indian School Road" that got it's name from the school that was built to "Americanize" the indigenous populace (think "Indian Resevation" from Paul Revere and the Raiders).

Now, there is a fight to change the name of the road to something "more palatable"- yet, the biggest group fighting the name change is actually the indigenous Americans, who have actually, through the course of time, changed the school from a destroyer of culture to a very much needed education center for underpriviled native Americans, with a LONG (not just recent) history of good work being done for their people.

It is the uninformed, guilty-feeling people who see this "injustice" and the "constant reminder" of the "pain and suffering" they must have from seeing this name on a daily basis as a testiment to our attempts to remove their culture as a need to rename the road.

Yet, the negativity associated with the school ended YEARS ago for the natives, and they consider the existing name a testiment to how they changed it from the culture destroyer that it started out as to the needed education center it has become.

#28 5 months ago

The Social Engineers are absolutely loving the this .

#29 5 months ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

This "I am outraged on your behalf" s#it is the stuff that triggers me...

You are triggered. You know what else gets triggered.

giphy-2.gifgiphy-2.gif

#30 5 months ago

I support those messages.

#32 5 months ago

I know when I look out my window I see many many snowflakes. Most likely due to it being winter and live in the north. I couldn't resist.

#33 5 months ago

Those messages wouldn't offend me and if my children saw them it could elicit a good conversation with them.

I agree the vulgarness of them is unnecessary but think that those on the side of supporting those two signs are getting fed up with an insane culture and I can understand why they are profane. I would rather have an intellectual discussion with the "other" side than putting up a sign like that.

I will say they have some hutzpah at least to put them on their car or house as opposed to hiding behind a keyboard.

#34 5 months ago

I was going to answer yes before reading any of your post!

#35 5 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I was going to answer yes before reading any of your post!

If you have to ask...

#38 5 months ago

I think the large wooden "Welcome" signs near entryways in the US that have been replaced with now "Go Away" signs also is sad and a net negative to society. People should work to be less bitter and put more positive into the world. No need to be shitty and display it everywhere just for the sake of doing it.

#39 5 months ago

hulk-hogan-brother.gifhulk-hogan-brother.gif

You are in thin ice.

#40 5 months ago
    Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I think the large wooden "Welcome" signs near entryways in the US that have been replaced with now "Go Away" also is sad and a net negative to society. People should work to be less bitter and put more positive into the world.

You mean at someones front door at their home? I personally don't want strange mutherfuckers coming onto my property. Especially those creepy ass Jehovah weirdos.

#41 5 months ago

I don't think people should be writing the F word in public as you described. It is just a common decency thing. Keep all the filth where it belongs, on the Internet I also don't think my neighbors should be flying any social / political flags, or be posting those smug virtue signaling signs (you all know the ones that I'm talking about) in their front yards, because I don't care what they believe in. Just keep your front yard clean and don't lower the property values on the street. Honestly, I just want people to shut up and be normal IRL and they can go crazy on social media if that's their thing.

#42 5 months ago
    Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

I don't think people should be posting the F word in public. It is just a common decency thing. I also don't think my neighbors should be flying any political flags, or be posting those smug virtue signaling signs (you all know the ones that I'm talking about) in their front yards, because I don't care what they believe in. Just keep your front yard clean and don't lower the property value of the street. Honestly, I just want people to shut up and be normal.

I thought you were joking but then i saw you are from California.

#43 5 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I thought you were joking but then i saw you are from California.

No further comment at this time

#44 5 months ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

Absolutely and some people still won’t understand what you’re saying.

#45 5 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

You mean at someones front door at their home? I personally don't want strange mutherfuckers coming onto my property. Especially those creepy ass Jehovah weirdos.

Yes, at the front door. That's fine you don't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry coming to your property. But is it worth portraying negativity to the rest of your neighborhood when the sign will do literally nothing to deter Tom, Dick, and Harry from coming anyways?

Just negative energy. Looks like a neighborhood full of assholes. I wouldn't want to live amongst them as they are all likely miserable people putting it on display.

P.S. I hope you've enjoyed your sign as it sits next to your own front door.

#46 5 months ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

This "I am outraged on your behalf"

This comment I understand
    I am an amputee, I get around in a wheelchair. I get stared at
    The PC brigade tells me that this staring is a 'micro-agression' , I just see it as being rude
    And I can guarantee that the starers, old women mostly, do not see their behavior as anything wrong. And no amount of 're-education' will fix it

#47 5 months ago
    Quoted from Jagrmaister:

P.S. I hope you've enjoyed your sign as it sits next to your own front door.

i mean, i don't have one but id always respect someones right to say whatever they want unless i disagree with it.

#48 5 months ago

Remember when guys would get angry if u swore in front of a lady or worse a kid? It was one thing if it was just the guys or what not. Decorum. Time we revisit those days. Im so
    Tired of people devaluing themselves.
    Its not triggering, its just us not being our best, and its disappointing.

#49 5 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

i mean, i don't have one but id always respect someones right to say whatever they want unless i disagree with it.

Lol, yeah. It's just the methods that piss me off. I work with young ppl and couldn't care less about the thousands of "fucks" I hear them say. Now if they put a 5x5ft sign that says FUCK YOU on their dorm, that would be a different story. It feels like we've lost the bare minimum of respect and decency for our fellow citizens.

This toilet earth...

#50 5 months ago

Anyone who disagrees with me is a snowflake.

I live in Honolulu, though am on the east coast now. Just let me know who needs sorting out and I'll be sure to sort them when I get back.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.