pasted_image_(resized).png
IMG_20160806_122519001_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160806_122538588_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

spacecoast.craigslist.org link

This game was always a favorite of mine, along with Lost World. I think I prefer lost world. But anyway, for $400, any SS game that plays is worth at least looking at. From the pictures it's hard to tell if those inserts are as bad as the rest of the table! Good GOD! It appears as though the found the perfect sandpaper ball and just played the living CRAP out of it! Is that it? Or has this game seen some other form of abuse? The Sandpaper goblin got to it? Flood? I conversed with Luis briefly, he said the game worked. That's about all he said, wanted me to call him.

I'm thinking since I have to drive across the state to get the thing, it's worth maybe $200? If it works. The cabinet is shot on it as well. This might be a great re-theme. I could turn it into a Lost world!!

Thoughts?

-Brian

#2 7 years ago

Good God, I thought the one I had was rough. Boards and backglass might be worth it. I say this as a guy who recently got a project Mata Hari with no boards so I am obviously thinking about that right now.

#3 7 years ago

Yikes. I know a friend who has a Skateball that looks just like that. But, it still plays well surprisingly. I say if it plays, it's worth the price. Fun game if the ball doesn't keep jiggling out of that top hole.

#4 7 years ago

I'd be at $200 max on that one. I paid $650 for one fully working that has the usual wear around the inserts, a nice back glass and decent cabinet. If anything, for $200 you'd get working boards, displays and a playfields worth of spare parts for a nicer candidate. Just depends on the level of restore you're wanting to do. It's a shame that the CPR PF is so hard to come by now.

-Steve

#5 7 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen a flipper button used as a start button on the front of the cabinet. I've seen plenty of doorbells though.

Wow, that thing got plenty of love in its life.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

I don't think I've ever seen a flipper button used as a start button on the front of the cabinet.

On many games, it is the same button.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On many games, it is the same button.

Actually, I meant as an aftermarket "mod" to add credits without opening the coin door (which is I'm guessing what they did on this machine). If you look at the CL pic, it looks a little ridiculous just like the doorbells do.

#8 7 years ago

Love my EM

IMG_20160806_122538588_(resized).jpgIMG_20160806_122538588_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160806_122519001_(resized).jpgIMG_20160806_122519001_(resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

posted the ad's images for posterity

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#10 7 years ago

that backglass is leaps and bounds better than mine. if you get it and retheme it i might be interested in buying it to recoup some of you $$

#11 7 years ago

Looks rough. Nice drop targets too. 400 would be too much for me. 300 tops if it plays as it should. Good luck.......

#12 7 years ago

Okie. Well, I talked to Luis some more. He says the game is stuck in "Mode 3" or something or other - No play - No buy! Haha. At least with SS games. I have a collection of non-working SS games.... So I saw a Gladiator. I'll start that thread.

#13 7 years ago

You probably dodged a bullet on this one. A nicer one will cross your path eventually............

#14 7 years ago

Oh no- I'm done buying beat up broken games in some hope I'll make some discovery of the long lost #69 Fireball machine. No, I'm just growning my working collection, slowly trading out the more boring titles.

#15 7 years ago

Good luck on finding one. It could take some time as there are some rough machines out there. I also note that the prices have been going up on the nice ones.

#16 7 years ago

Well, a lot of times you get what you pay for. So long as some preschooler hasn't made the machine his summer touch-up project maybe not so awful.. Wear is one thing, but to go and destroy a game, by say Varithaneing the entire playfield, rubbers, metal, plastics and all! I think I am some sort of magnet for abused and over-used under cleaned.

#17 7 years ago

It's just a little touch-up project. I'd love to see someone paint that field and make it appealing for play again!

#18 7 years ago

I have a SS version and am looking for an EM version to compare the two.
I think this machine is in the 150 to 250 price zone. Having said that, if it were one of my favorite games I wouldn't have an issue overpaying a bit for it. Also, appealing is the fact that you can personally pick it up with no shipping involved. Maybe if you showed up with 300 dollars cash at Luis's door it might come home with you. I tend to think of anything within the state or so, as being relatively local. Like for the EM version I'm looking for, I have found some in the 400 - 600 range but being so far away I would have to pay an additional 500 for shipping. I haven't been able to pull the trigger due to the extra cost. Anyway, your situation would work for me but I understand you are not interested in a fixer-upper. That machine definitely needs some TLC. Hopefully, you'll find your fireball or another machine to your liking.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

Varithaneing the entire playfield, rubbers, metal, plastics and all!

Ummm... He did what?? No freaking way!!

#20 7 years ago

I'm not lying. I have an idea of someone who might have done it, but that firepower had multiple other issues, mainly surrounding replacing brokers parts with half Ass repaired parts, or instead of buying Th ball guide or whatever they just used whatever they had laying around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 22.50
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/always-wanted-a-matahari-but?hl=patentlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.