Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Working on a customer's Gottlieb Fast Draw. I didn't notice this until I got the playfield on my rotisserie and looked down at the bottoms of the inserts - every single yellow insert is cracked from the middle out, some worse than others, along with a few white ones, but the yellows are way worse. Maybe I've been lucky but I don't recall ever having to replace an insert because of cracking... this game has 8 total - 6 yellow and two white... all in various spots on the PF... my only thought is that perhaps the game's location kept the games lit up at night... it's not like the game has over the top number of plays (85K), and the rest of the game is in relatively good shape. Anyone else have this issue?

Ken from TX has sent me a few of these WHEN LIT inserts (Thanks Ken!!!). If anyone else has any Gottlieb YELLOW WHEN LIT inserts, I'm all ears!

#2 2 years ago

My Fast Draw has over 113,000 plays on it and has 44s throughout but not one of the inserts has a crack.

The guy that I bought it from had it a long time and took good care of it though.

#3 2 years ago

I would kind of think that the lights being on all the time would actually be better as far as cracking. It's heat cycling on and off that tends to crack things more. I don't think I've ever had a game with a cracked insert... only cupped or shrunken.

#4 2 years ago

yes, both of your experiences match mine until now. I scored some yellow inserts from a second source, enough from both sources to replace the cracked ones. Going to use my Doxie scanner to create the decal WHEN LIT image, and then lightly clearcoating once dry. Always something challenging in this hobby, it does keep it fresh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/always-something-new-yellow-inserts-all-cracked?hl=sea_wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.