• 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-82.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

So,
I found a Guns n Roses pinball machine on craigslist Saturday.
Listed for $2500. [...]
I shook hands at $2400 and that we would meet tomorrow morning (now).
I called this morning and he said he was sorry and that he was offered much much more money.

I know that I am late tot he party here, but what I always don't get is why you would spend time talking someone down on a price that is already really good on a machine. I have NEVER lost a machine from someone who says they want $XXXX for their machine and I know that's a fair deal, so I will way I'll take it.

I don't go over there and go, "oh, well, uhm, your translite has a little scratch, how about $100 off the price?" because if someone else comes to see it and they tell the seller that with a couple hundred bucks to fix it up, they could sell it for double the amount, it makes YOU (the buyer) look like a jerk trying to put one over on the seller.

Hey! $2500 was a great deal, but I'll see if I can save some more!

And who knows, $2500 for a project may not have been a great deal, it may have been fair, but again, it's the haggling that is the issue. It opens them up for a bad experience.

If I had seen a GNR for $2500 with pics, and that was a game I really wanted, I would have told him I would have sent a deposit via PayPal immediately if he wanted it, and came out cash in hand to pay the full price ASAP.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's not always that simple. I saw a Fish Tales for $700, broken of course. I called the guy and I sent him a PayPal while on the phone for $700. This was at 10:30pm, he didn't want me to come that night so we agreed I'd show up tomorrow.
As I was packing my car the next day he called me and said he sold it to someone else. Then, when he refunded me it was something like $20 short because of PayPal fees for some reason. After telling me the fees were on me I lost it and at least I got the full amount refunded.

In that case, you should have charged him back using your credit card. If you refund PayPal to someone, you absolutely can give back the fees. Having said that, *that* is a dick move. I've never been screwed over like that. But, I would GLADLY have charged him back for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/always-keep-on-hand-at-all-times?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.