(Topic ID: 174305)

Alvin G's Garage Band World Tour in the house!

By Bobby

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
20161128_194042 (resized).jpg
IMG_3296 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

6 years ago I could have gotten a cv for low 2's, not today.

Six years ago? I'd give you 16 years ago on that one, but CV appreciated pretty quickly after they got blown out at retail because they wouldn't sell. Collectors figured out it was a pretty fun game. CV was low 2s in early 2000s.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Nope, can remember seeing several six years ago. I was too broke to touch it at that price, just a poor grad student. By the time I stepped up to my first a-title (LOTR) it had already shot up. Truth be told though, as pretty as it is, don't really miss the chance.

Got no clue where that was. I've been quite involved with the hobby for the past 16 years now, and I have never seen them that low except when I was first getting in for routed beat examples.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Cracks me up, because the first time I went to look at buying a dmd the guy I visited was notorious for his high prices.
I was there to look at at breakshot which he wanted 1k for (bought one unshopped last month for 1250, some things never change).
He had a 1700 shadow and a funhouse around that price as well. He also had a really nice cv for 2700. It sat for ages until he dropped the price.

All of the other prices you quote sound about right for six years ago, but the CV for $2700 does stick out. Betel is right - I would have pegged that at $3500-$4500 exactly. I really like CV, but I could never convince myself to buy a CV for what I always looked at as triple what I would pay for most of the other games I wanted. So I just picked up mostly stuff that hasn't appreciated nearly as much, but I really enjoy. I discovered that I enjoy those games more than CV anyway.

Having said that, I would have bought a CV in even halfway decent shape for $2700 6 years ago.

Quoted from dung:

It took me a year to start dealing with operators, but you are right their pricing can be screwy. I bought a mint albeit dirty family guy off one 4 years back. At the time it was a steal, but he was wanting near the same for a beat to snot monopoly.

And yeah, that's the thing about ops, you never quite know. There is an operator in town who I know who had listed a bunch of games about 10 years ago for about double what they were selling for, and they were routed and unshopped. Same operator later sold me a game that I ended up not liking and selling almost overnight for $3000 for $500, probably because it wasn't a game he could operate (it was an older EM).

I also know an operator not too far away that recently traded a friend of mine his TAF for a Nascar.

One never knows in that world, but it's a business - and I'm certain the NASCAR is earning better than TAF was for that particular op.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alvin-gs-garage-band-world-tour-in-the-house?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.