(Topic ID: 33692)

Alvin G Dinosaur Eggs.100 made,opinions on value? IPDB link included in posting.

By pinball_erie

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinnaf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I had never seen one of these and I picked it up at a great price. Playfield is immaculate, displays are perfect. I will be putting new rubbers on after the holidays and it will be up for sale. It does have the marquee shown in the link below.

It also has a large ticket dispenser, on the side of the machine, that works perfectly and creases the tickets during dispersal as a security measure. My 7 year old has a ball with it when he is at my office. "no room at home, into storage it goes"

Any help on the value of this would be greatly appreciated, I don't even know where to begin referencing this machine, never saw another one for sale before.

THANKS ALL !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=dinosaur+eggs&searchtype=quick

Post edited by pinball_erie : better description, it's 1 AM and I am tired as shit, leaving stuff out, sorry !!

#2 11 years ago

I've seen them sell at auction, rarity doesnt make up for the lack of fun factor in my eyes.

For value, figure the price the boardset will sell for plus $100 I'd guess.

#3 11 years ago

Saw one on eBay last month @ 900. Isn't it more redemption game then pinball? It caught my eye, thought it looked cool anyway and is pretty rare. If your patient I'm pretty sure you could get a little more.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Saw one on eBay last month @ 900. Isn't it more redemption game then pinball? It caught my eye, thought it looked cool anyway and is pretty rare. If your patient I'm pretty sure you could get a little more.

Yes, it's completely redemption, and not a pinball at all. It does use a pinball though.

It's just a roll-down ball maze game where you can tip the playfield side-to-side and up a little in the front to get the ball through a predetermined path. There are no flippers on the game, despite the fact that you see buttons on the cabinet. These are just leftover cabinets from the head-to-head games (in fact you can still see the A.G. Soccer-Ball decal under the Dinosaur Eggs decal on mine). There is only one coil in the whole game: the ball launch plunger.

As a collector of rare games, and owner of a Dinosaur Eggs, I'd love to say that it's very valuable, but people just don't like them all that much. For a very nice example I'd say you could get $500-$750. The boardset doesn't even hold as much value as the 3 "normal" Alvin G pins because 2 of these boards are different, and can't be used very widely.

All that said, we love the game here at home. It's pretty easy to master most of the game, but the 4 outlanes at the bottom are particularly hard to time just right. The lit lane changes very quickly so it's tough. Very satisfying when you hit the correct lane the whole way through the game though!

#5 11 years ago

I think I have a NOS playfield for that game, never seen or heard of anyone that owned dinosaur eggs, but never looked very heard.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I think I have a NOS playfield for that game, never seen or heard of anyone that owned Dinosaur Eggs, but never looked very heard.

The machines are definitely very few and far between, but I've seen a few NOS playfields floating around too. I actually bought one years before I owned the game. It'll probably be wall art someday though, as you just can't wear out one of these playfields.

#7 11 years ago

There is one on the Cincinnati CL that has been for sale for about a month now. I think he started out at $1400 but is asking $1100 now. I think he needs to drop the price a lot more before it will sell.

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Edit: He also says only 16 were ever made. Not sure where he got that figure at but it sounds like he thinks its more rare than it is.

#8 11 years ago

At auction and among operators I've seen these sell for $100-$400. It doesn't make money as a redemption game, and doesn't hold interest for home use.

#9 11 years ago

They were new in the box for years and years at 500 dollars from C and P Distributing.

1 month later
#10 11 years ago

Alvin G stuff is neat, its all just kind of obscure. (good and bad.. yeah). The soccer game looks kinda cool, as does the football game. Saw this thing listed on CIN. CL and just had to watch a youtube video of it. WOW, my interest peaked at name alone, Game has nothing to do with pinball its more like one of those retardo square wooden marble maze games the grandparents always give your little kids for Christmas. Except for it takes up the space of a pinball. D-U-D!!!
Dosent even look like a fun redemption game... pass by this one and straight to the wack-a-mole.. BOOOOYAAAA.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alvin-g-dinosaur-eggs-100-made-opinions-on-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.