Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Al
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Just wanted to get some thoughts on Alvin G. & Co. Al's Garage Band Pinball Machine. It looks like a cool game and the theme is cool, just thoughts on it's game play . Also what's a good price for it?

#2 3 years ago

I thought the same thing and bought one without having played it. I wasn't disappointed, it's fun, and strikes a good balance of rock & roll with cheesiness. It's very inviting for non-pinheads, but could be a bit deeper. The music and call outs are decent and fun, but a little repetitive. I think it shoots well, with some nice variety of flow and stop & go. I've been offered $3000 for mine which comes with a new spare playfield.

As with any machine, condition is key, but approximate range is $2000-$3000.

#3 3 years ago

I lucked into one. My first "modern" game, so it seems smooth to me.

It's a fast, fun pin. Bright and loud, that's for sure!

The video mode is disappointing, but other than that, everything seems in it's place.

Too bad you're on the West

I've got mine up for $2,500 and another was on the market for $2,700 but that's gone now. So I guess there's your pricing? Seems in line with HighVoltage price range as well.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks guys for your thoughts on Al's garage. Yup, there seems to be a lot more pins available on the east coast and being on the west to get them here runs about $500 with STI. The first pin on my list is Nightmare on Elm Street, but trying to find one at price I can do once shipping is included seems impossible. There are non available on pinside at the moment, but a few on Ebay which from what I see are way over priced. I came across Al's garage band and have added it to my list, but may try to hold out for a bit longer and hope a nightmare on elm street comes up here for a good price.

#5 3 years ago

There was a Freddy available semi-locally for a reasonable price not too long ago (couple months?). I think it was in Spokane for about $2400...

If I were you I'd post wanted ads in nearby craigslist. It wouldn't surprise me if you could flush one out with a decent offer, that title isn't that prized...

#6 3 years ago

Fun game, I have owned it twice. I also wrote the rulesheet that is posted on IPDB. Check it out, it will give you some better insight to what the game offers.

As for price I think about 2k for this game and it would need to be nice for that price.

#7 3 years ago

I'll take a look at your rulesheet. I did post a wanted for Nightmare on Vancouver Craigslist and did get a response but the person wants $3500 Canadian which seemed high to me. I'll post also in Seattle craigslist , that's a great idea. There is one that just came up on the market but he is asking $2600 which is to much for me because I also have to add about 30% for exchange and have it shipped . There was one on auction today went for $1600 but there was a 25% buyer premium on the final price and again I would have to add 30% and pay for shipping which wasn't worth it. Buying locally or close by would be best to avoid shipping which I could use towards the price of the game . I would even go for a project one to save $ then fix it up.

#8 3 years ago

If you had the choice between and Al's Garage band and Ballys Party Zone, which would you chose? I have the possibility to buy one of these machines for close to the same price. Wish I could buy both but I think it is unrealistic. I have played Party Zone and thought it was fun and kinda have been looking for one for awhile but I know Al's Garage is not easy to come by.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from dyno:

If you had the choice between and Al's Garage band and Ballys Party Zone, which would you chose? I have the possibility to buy one of these machines for close to the same price. Wish I could buy both but I think it is unrealistic. I have played Party Zone and thought it was fun and kinda have been looking for one for awhile but I know Al's Garage is not easy to come by.

I like them both but prefer Als garage band.

#10 3 years ago

You can get to the final wizard mode by shooting the loop over and over again

#11 3 years ago

Is that question for anyone? I have owned both and prefer PZ although AGBGOWT is lots of fun too.

#12 3 years ago

I see you own Nightmare on Elm Street, how would you compare it to Party Zone and Al's Garage ?

1 week later
#13 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

You can get to the final wizard mode by shooting the loop over and over again

Yea, I really enjoy those orbit shots!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 334.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 76.00
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.25
$ 90.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Habos Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.00
Playfield - Plastics
Maple Street Sign Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside