IMG_20210402_131342 (resized).jpg
IMG_1720 (resized).JPG
IMG_1724 (resized).JPG
23A2D617-C33C-40FB-8E4C-958122A6933C (resized).jpeg
85B89E09-A803-44C8-93E2-DCD21EC9145A (resized).jpeg
ff413920af58a4af69b06f651de4d36b41ca0e7d (resized).jpg
DSCF1100 (resized).JPG
7a4091881 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 7 years ago

Very nice thread, took me some weeks to cross it.
Many, many informations ... and we see that there is a small Alvin G. community.
I am in contact with Matt and Betelgeuse for years now, I was also surprised that the old website is still reachable. At least I have a hardcopy on my HDD and we talked about a re-launch.
I can state that in Europe most machines are still in the same collectors hand. There is not much move in Alvin G. machines. PP shows up time by time, GarageBand rarely and MC never expect a NIB machine which shows up also on ebay.com frequently.

The offer for the plastics protectors sounds good ! I would be in for a set !

Nice to know .. there is also a makrolon playfield protektor out for one Alvon G. machine: Garage Band ! The producer is a friend of mine and he got my spare playfield. I am sure he did not sell too much of them.

Why are so many GarageBand for the German market in the US, my imported machine was also build for Germany ?! I think there was no official distributor in Germany for Alvin G. Thats what I heard. I found a HUO Garageband in the USA and imported it .. with "German Marks" coinfeeders. Most PP show up from the Netherland for any reason ...

1 month later
#67 7 years ago

Just a little add-on:

This letter for the customer I have for GarageBand and PP.

DSC_0038_(resized).jpgDSC_0038_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#75 7 years ago

@pinterest: Very wise

I am collecting pinbals for nearly 15 years. I bought them all and I sold them all expect my Alvin G.´s
You are rigt , in our pinball league most people have MM, AFM, MB ... and so on. Alvin G. are only played at my place ,,,

have fun with your PP and check in Multiball if it counts right !!

5 months later
#86 7 years ago

Congratz to your MC !! A very fine and spooky machine ! I love it !!

#89 7 years ago

Nice line-up !!

I need a punchy

3 months later
#99 6 years ago

What a GREAT collection !! A tribute to Alvin G. !!
Great !

My DinosaurEgg is still in NewYork waiting for a space in a container

2 months later
#108 6 years ago

Reporter Matt on the road again !
Hopefully this lady will talk to you and has some nice storys and informations for the Alvin G.museum !!

3 months later
#110 6 years ago

This is one of the prototype games
The target is available in the shops and the coil issue does not seem to be hard to fix. Why dont you try to fix it or look for a pinhed in your area.

#123 6 years ago

Hi all, hi Matt !

I guess its a early (no proto ... you are right) due the white print on the playfield as you explained. Right .. the cabinet is "normal" with sprenkles. My MC has no sprenkles and in the inside you can see the red color from the GarageBand who the cabinet belongs to.

#130 6 years ago

You are right !!
For whatever I did not see that the fields are colored and not white !!
Becoming old

1 week later
#137 6 years ago

Very nice, congrats to this nice machine !!

#139 6 years ago

Very intresting story .. I was always wondering that so many PP went to the Netherlands, GarageBand came also to Germany and MC didnt make it often over the sea. My PP was for the netherlands market, my MC is importet from the US and my garageBand is HUP from the USA but came with german D-Mark coinslots .. so it was planned for Germany and several years later it showed up

cudabee .. what happened to all the spareparts ?

1 month later
#141 6 years ago

There is a NOS baseball cap from Alvin G. SoccerBall on eBay .... 250 bucks .... ouch ... But for a hardcore collector like you .....

ebay.com link: Genuine Alvin G Co USA Football Pinball Promotional Cap Hat Gottlieb NOS E26

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Hi Tom. I did see that, but thank you though. The hats are cool pieces, but this one is priced too high for buying as a spare.

Hehe ... spare means that you already have one

@Cudabee: wasn´t you the guy telling the story why so many PP went to The Netherlands ?
Tell us ... what happened with all the spareparts from this distributor ?

@all in Europe: There is a guy called Tzotzo in the grman forums, he sells invisiglass in good quality for a fair price and ... he also made me a glas for my USA Football. So if you are in EU located, it is possible to get invisiglass also for the larger Head-To-Head pins !

2 months later
#155 5 years ago

Congrats to this nice machine !
You have to work over the powerboard, that is a common fail. My MC also needs 15 minutes to "heat up" but no time to take care on the pcb.

The backglas: There are still NOS backglasses out, you will find a replacement !! Also the knockerunit is available in Australia or on ebay.com .

2 weeks later
#165 5 years ago

Strange ... it seems that the chip under this "mod" is broken and they soldered a new one "in the air".

1 week later
#195 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing !

#210 5 years ago

The risc that we have to reproduce pcb is, right now, not very high. There are still pcb available. I have a bunch of pcb for my machines.
They are all "old style" and from the pros good to repair. Therefor I am looking forward that we do not have to reproduce within the next 20 years.

Matt .. Grerat stuff for your museum !!

My whole Alvin G. collection will move in autum to a pinball collectors club in Aachen. They have several rooms for pinball machines and will take my collection for some years. All machines will be in one room along with my other stuff. So I have space in my gameroom and the Alvins will be playable for everybody. The club takes care on the machines.

5 months later
#236 5 years ago

I have several pcb´s as spares expect powerboards.
In the US and Australia easy to get, in Europe a little harder. So if needet feel free to contact me.

pasted_imageSound	PCA-008 CPU	PCA-009 Display	PCA-020 (A) Power	PCA-019A Power	PCA-028 Display	PCA-003 Sound	PCA-002 (resized).ppasted_imageSound PCA-008 CPU PCA-009 Display PCA-020 (A) Power PCA-019A Power PCA-028 Display PCA-003 Sound PCA-002 (resized).p
1 year later
#245 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Mike Pacak has lots of Alvin G. Parts. This is why it pays to be nice to him. Those who drove him out of Expo may have problems.

Blabla ... only intrtesting if you live in his neighborhood. Years ago I asked for parts and he invited me to check his hall. But .. a little expensive from Germany.
He was not able to check his hall himself or ask someone to do so. It is frustrating ... there are so many parts needet for Alvin G. but parts are rotting in his halls.
Great for the hobby ... and yes: Im neutral, I did not mob him out of expo. Just a pinballfreak collecting Alvin G.

Right now I have a complete Garage Band and think about "butcher" it for parts ... if you are located in Europe and want a playable GarageBand , contact me !!

2 weeks later
#253 4 years ago
Quoted from valentin27:

I went in his hall, and indeed he has tens of marquees for AG Soccerball (or football dont remember) and tens of uncut plastic sets.
Some of them (if the most of them) were laying on the ground.

That it what I heard also .. it is a shame. he also has Backglasses from MC and so on. All in a rotten hall.
The onliest positiv point is, that he allowed me years ago to come and see what I find.
maybe someone is livin next to him and wil speak with hiom about all this rare stuff is is horting.

This time a shopped a GarageBand and would need Lockbars.
A topper for garageBand was found as a repro.

1 month later
#259 4 years ago

Helpfull ?

Its from my USA Football BEFORE (!!) fixing the powerboard !

usa football gameroom 002 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 002 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 003 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 003 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 004 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 004 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 005 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 005 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 006 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 006 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 007 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 007 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 008 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 008 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 009 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 009 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 010 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 010 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 011 (resized).JPGusa football gameroom 011 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#269 4 years ago

But watch out with PowerBoards .. there are 2 different out

PCA 019A
PCA 028

019A is our regular one we need.
The 028 is very easy and cheap to get. I am no electronoics pro but I am sure, at least with some modification, this powerboard wioll also work. It was designed later for machines never were build.
So have a look on this board but there might be some changes to do !!!!!!

EDIT: The ones on ebay are the wrong ones !

9 months later
#281 3 years ago

Let me know your serial number ....
I have a proto. Playfield print is missing some colors, cabinet as drscribed other black, inside some red color. Thats it as far as I know.

I have 3418 and guess its proto 18 from XX.

I have to check my files, have also a list with most machines and its serialnumber.
It was a online Alvin G. resource but it is lost.

3407 steve schmidt, usa (proto art)
3410 james greenhalgh, uk (proto art)
3414 pinball perfection, usa (proto art)
3416 brian stahl, usa (proto art)
3418 tom altenbach, ger (proto art)
3424 anthony capo, usa
3477 rick burnham, usa
3479 basil leblanc, usa
3486 ipp, usa
3526 matt elder, usa
3550 jess askey, usa
3583 brock hemming, can
3592 unknown, usa

This is not up to date ...

pasted_imagePower	PCA-019A Power	PCA-028 (resized).pngpasted_imagePower PCA-019A Power PCA-028 (resized).png
#285 3 years ago

3603 mike, usa, made for Austrian market ... this machine was around 10 years ago "registered" in Austria. The owner told me this days that there were 2 machines, one was "converted" to a commercial rebuild for CocaCola or something like this.

In Germany are around 5 not listed games more.

3418 tom altenbach, ger (proto art) is my machine and was made for the US market and imported with an other MC around 2010 from "Pauls 50th" a german dealer who bought many things in the US. The other machine went to UK as he told me years later.

Quoted from Pinballer73:

Is there a website with further information on Mystery Castle proto vs production differences? I'd like to compare those to mine.

No ... there never was a official website.
As I remember Brian run this site:
www.tristatechapter.com/arcade/alving/alving.html

I mirrored it years ago and tried with Matt to bring it back but ... time goes on.

At least you can find all differences here in threads, also our "adventure" with the "lost 3. ROM" ...
I still have all my Alvin G.´s .

#288 3 years ago

I think the list from Betelgeuse is still the last we have.
It seems protos are from 3400 to 3420. Every new number will help.

I will see if I bring the old Alvin G. side back online but have no time to take care. Maybe someone would like to host a new form ... today there are more options with Wordpress or so ....

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for the information on the playfield colours. I'll check my game and NOS playfield. Any idea why there were two slightly different sets of cabinet artwork?

This is also about prototypes.
The protos cabinet is black. Inside is some red because it seems that they used Garageband cabinets for the protos.
Later on the cabinets were black with "sprenkles".

If someone will start reproducing spareparts, all flipper mechanics would be helpfull. This is the point on Alvin G. , its hard to find parts for the mechanics.

DSCF1100 (resized).JPGDSCF1100 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#324 3 years ago

Great !
A new number for the list !

1 week later
#328 3 years ago

Very nice, expect the LED stuff. I can not understand what people like on LED in old machines.
Maybe I am an old boring man ....

But ... welcome to the club.

EDIT: MC were all made for USA as far as I know.

1 year later
#353 1 year ago

Mhhh .. very nice report ! Thanks for sharing !

Question:
I own a MC prototype but have not this medieval figures and never saw them.
Were this figures really on the pin ?

On my DinosaurEgg I have some dono figures, looking similar to the ones on MC on the picture and the flyer.
Would be nice to know !

#355 1 year ago

Wow !
very good find !

Now it would be intresting if someone can remember that he ever saw a MC with this figurines.
They are not looking good on the machine, but they are also on the flyer !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alvin-g-and-co-a-tribute-to-the-gottlieb-name?tu=tomdk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.