IMG_20210402_131342 (resized).jpg
IMG_1720 (resized).JPG
IMG_1724 (resized).JPG
23A2D617-C33C-40FB-8E4C-958122A6933C (resized).jpeg
85B89E09-A803-44C8-93E2-DCD21EC9145A (resized).jpeg
ff413920af58a4af69b06f651de4d36b41ca0e7d (resized).jpg
DSCF1100 (resized).JPG
7a4091881 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Those are some priceless photos. Thanks for posting them. Love the A. Gottlieb & Co. Logo. Too bad Steve Young & Bob Fesjian were such pricks toward Alvin.

Why what happened there? Wouldn't allow Alvin to use his last name in the company name?

4 years later
#284 3 years ago

Is there a website with further information on Mystery Castle proto vs production differences? I'd like to compare those to mine.

#286 3 years ago

Thanks, but unfortunately that link doesn't work anymore....

www.tristatechapter.com/arcade/alving/alving.html

....has all that information been listed in another single location?

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from Fenix15:

I'm getting a prototype this week Pinballer73, I'd be more than happy to send you pics when I get the game!

That would be great, thanks Fenix15

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Fenix15:

Update for everyone: I have reached out to Gottlieb directly since I couldn't find a website for Alvin G. They gave me some contact info to get in touch with Michael Gottlieb, who I will be reaching out to shortly. From there, I'm just going to follow the trail down until I find someone who may have some records and info on Mystery Castle (and possibly other games, too!) or maybe who were on the design team. If I can find a log book or records of some kind showing which number the FIRST Mystery Castle was, we can figure out everyone else's numbers, too.
I will report any findings back here.
My plans are to A. if possible, colorize the animations for Magic Castle and get a ColorDMD board out for MC and B. also if possible, maybe strike up a deal with someone and maybe get some parts reproduced (less likely to happen, but I will give it the old college try).
If anyone knows anything about the coloring process of DMD animations and has any advice, I'm all ears. If I end up getting the chance to colorize MC, I want it to be beautiful.
Thanks a bunch to everyone who has reached out so far, you guys are pretty awesome. It's such an honor to own one of these rare but awesome gems in pinball history!

How awesome would that be, ColorDMD for Mystery Castle, YES!

Good luck with your efforts on that and your further enquiries.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Unfortunately, my old site is long gone. You may still be able to find it on the wayback machine or something like that.
Production playfield art has purple banners with text at the shot entrances, and purple CASTLE text for the drops. Sample/Proto playfield has blank white banners and white CASTLE text.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the information on the playfield colours. I'll check my game and NOS playfield. Any idea why there were two slightly different sets of cabinet artwork?

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Fenix15:

Hey guys, my Mystery Castle just arrived! Unfortunately, I still have some minor issues with it. Neither slingshot fires and neither does the knocker. Also, neither outlane light comes on.
As it turns out, all 3 of those solenoids are linked to the same fuse, so I suspect it's just blown or something.
If I put in a new fuse and it immediately blows when I turn it on, what do I do? For the record, it's fuse F15.

Lift the playfield and examine the coils of each of those assemblies. Do any of the coil wrappers show any sign of discoloration or overheating? Does each assembly move freely by hand without binding?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
2,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Girard, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alvin-g-and-co-a-tribute-to-the-gottlieb-name?tu=Pinballer73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.