Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LucidLight
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WPT #1-624.JPG
GEDC0974.JPG

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

I would be in for one. But it would need to be in between the boring passport stamp cities & the R & X rated chip girls. I like the girls if I was the only one around, but I need more family friendly...

#52 5 years ago

Aurich, I would be in for an alternate WPT translite if you did a run. I bought a Shadow translite and speaker panel from you and it is amazing.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Aurich, I would be in for an alternate WPT translite if you did a run. I bought a Shadow translite and speaker panel from you and it is amazing.

I have told him a couple times I bet he would be surprised how many he would sell

#54 5 years ago

I would be interested in the postcard style translite.

#55 5 years ago

I just snagged a WPT, so I could be interested

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I have told him a couple times I bet he would be surprised how many he would sell

I dunno, if you check Pinside it's just not a game with a whole lot of numbers behind it, I'm not actually sure it would do that great. I'm still willing to look at it though. My friend who had one sold it, so that kind of killed some of my personal motivation to do it.

I've got a couple other projects that I'm behind on that would need my attention first, but I'll keep it in the back of my head.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, if you check Pinside it's just not a game with a whole lot of numbers behind it ...

This is true. The game did not have a large production run. The factory translite, however, is universally loathed. I'd say a much higher percentage of people hate the WPT translite than the Shadow translite. I still don't think you could sell nearly as many as you did for TS, but virtually everyone with a WPT would buy one.

#58 5 years ago

That's a nice lineup!

Quoted from gweempose:

The game did not have a large production run.

Around a couple thousand IIRC.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The game did not have a large production run. The factory translite, however, is universally loathed.

That's because it's f-ing hideous. No disrespect to keefer and his game, but it's got one of the worst translites ever made, I truly can't stand it. If my friend had kept his I would have been motivated to do one just to not look at his anymore.

"94 Pinsiders have this game in their collections"

I actually had thought it was more like 70, that's not bad. Well, like I said, I really like what Chill did, but if he's not going to make it available any more I'm willing to try something. I just need to find some time to mess with it, which is what I've been saying about Star Trek ... It's easy to slip in a Pinside post while I'm at the computer, harder to find a few solid hours at a time to work on design.

#60 5 years ago

It wasn't my art direction, or even Steve's. It was all Gary and Marc. I would go so far as to say Steve and I were actively ignored WRT pretty much all of the artwork.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It wasn't my art direction, or even Steve's. It was all Gary and Marc. I would go so far as to say Steve and I were actively ignored WRT pretty much all of the artwork.

This shocks me about as much as the discussion about the shooter for that game.

#62 5 years ago

If you come up with an alternate design for sale keep me in the loop, I need something, anything better.

The original translite could have been designed better by a drunk monkey.

1 year later
#63 4 years ago

I guess you have plenty of other stuff to do at the moment, Aurich, but I would buy this in a heartbeat. Just bought a WPT and I am really happy with it. The backglass, not so much

I know you do quality design since I have already bought Shadow and Helen from you, and Alien soon too

Please keep us wpt fans in your mind the next time you are looking for a project

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I guess you have plenty of other stuff to do at the moment, Aurich, but I would buy this in a heartbeat. Just bought a WPT and I am really happy with it. The backglass, not so much
I know you do quality design since I have already bought Shadow and Helen from you, and Alien soon too
Please keep us wpt fans in your mind the next time you are looking for a project

Heh. I did consider it once. I'll be honest, on the list of fun projects to do, this just isn't that high on the list.

Also, to be honest, I think I'm pretty much done with making Stern alt translites. I have no desire to have a project shut down by them again. I'll stick with mods that have no branding on them.

#65 4 years ago

WPT really needs alternate voice work more than a translate

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Retheme the whole game. Make it about a way more classic and classy poker setting. Not cheesy TV shit. Then it's suddenly a classic, because Keefer rocked it.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Feel lucky, you are not listening to the French version. The translation was made by someone who did not know anything about pinball or poker.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Retheme the whole game. Make it about a way more classic and classy poker setting. Not cheesy TV shit. Then it's suddenly a classic, because Keefer rocked it.

Yep.

Its the first Stern I ever owned and I just couldn't keep it- even though I love poker & pinball AND I was putting in the poker room where I host monthly Hold'em tourneys!

Retheme to simply poker would be great. Or, use voice work from classic gambling movies... like The Sting or Cincinnati Kid... though I know that would never happen

#69 4 years ago

I will also take one Aurich! Thanks

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I will also take one Aurich! Thanks

Can't tell if you're joking or just didn't read carefully, but just to be super clear, I have no plans for anything involving WPT at this time.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Can't tell if you're joking or just didn't read carefully, but just to be super clear, I have no plans for anything involving WPT at this time.

I will buy one, let me know when they are ready....

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You should do an Alec Baldwin WPT translite to set things right between you two.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Money sent!

#74 4 years ago

Get me in on Aurich's alternate.

Also please put me on the preorder list for a CPR F-14 Tomcat, thanks.

#75 4 years ago

I know it will be awesomesauce Aurich you can even hide a Metallica hammer in the background somewhere!!

#76 4 years ago

Over at Ars Technica we have an animated smiley that's banging a hammer, now I wish Pinside had that.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

GLWT. WPT's voice work is underappreciatedly complex; it would easily be the hardest game ever to redo the voice work on. Followed closely by WOF.

2 months later
#78 3 years ago

I am looking for a WPT translite. I might be interested in doing the art myself, as I am pretty good with photo shop. But I don't know how I would go about getting it printed to translite material.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside