Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-522.jpg
IMG_1153.jpg
IMG_1154.jpg
IMG_1160.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg
image-47.jpg
2014-02-09 001 010.JPG
2014-02-09 001 001.JPG
image-244.jpg
image-380.jpg
image-691.jpg
image-354.jpg
IMG_0725_2.jpeg
IMG_0699.jpeg
IMG_0708.jpeg
IMG_0687.jpeg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Here too

#52 6 years ago

I don't even have a Metallica machine, but man, this is so good, I may have an inclination to buy one!

#53 6 years ago

I would also like to know.
BSL

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pls contact artist Geert Koop for this via his website http://www.koopkustoms.com

Contact the artist through his website, as was previously posted. He is a great guy to work with.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

What is an approximate cost for your work and how do we proceed if I go forward?
I have a Dirty Donny painted Sparky, but you're work is pretty amazing. If it was priced right, I'd send you my original Sparky.
Thanks
Harry

Hi Harry,

The ones that are out there now are around the 300/350,- euro mark, it all depends on the complexity of the clothing, etc
They take a considerable amount of time to produce, but right now they make me smile , and thinking of cool suits and tats is good fun, so if its for you, ship them to NL and I'll see what I can come up with. Turnaround should not be more than a few weeks normally, as long as numbers do'nt get out of control...

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

Contact the artist through his website, as was previously posted. He is a great guy to work with.

Yours arrived this weekend, so he's naked in the shop now

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

I don't even have a Metallica machine, but man, this is so good, I may have an inclination to buy one!

I am happy to say that any money made on these will go towards aquiring my own Metallica at some point !

#58 6 years ago

I'm getting a warning when I try to go to the artist's website... see below:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for koopkustoms.com

What is the current listing status for koopkustoms.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-01-24, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2014-01-24.
Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including corpellis.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including mahogneyinkpublication.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32475 (SINGLEHOP-INC).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, koopkustoms.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

#59 6 years ago

Oh no not again... My website was hacked a while back, needed to be rebuilt and now again I guess, hope not, not funny!

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Oh no not again... My website was hacked a while back, needed to be rebuilt and now again I guess, hope not, not funny!

sorry.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Hi Harry,

The ones that are out there now are around the 300/350,- euro mark, it all depends on the complexity of the clothing, etc
They take a considerable amount of time to produce, but right now they make me smile , and thinking of cool suits and tats is good fun, so if its for you, ship them to NL and I'll see what I can come up with. Turnaround should not be more than a few weeks normally, as long as numbers do'nt get out of control...

Thanks for the reply. If Google is correct, 350 Euros is about $478 plus shipping.
If you were only in the States.

Thanks again. Great work.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

350 Euros is about $478 plus shipping.

That's what DD is charging for his ones....man.

Maybe I'll take up airbrushing and painting...I could use it in other areas as well.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Maybe I'll take up airbrushing and painting...I could use it in other areas as well.

Yes, but for $500, he includes Sparky and shipping.
With that said, my $500.00 dollar purchase didn't include an autograph or letter knuckling, which were supposedly included in the original price. I'm sure he would have made good on it, but I wasn't about to send it back and wait another month or so.

#64 6 years ago

It's not a Sparky but also Geert's work. How about this as a motor helmet?

Man, Geert can do great stuff with some paint

IMG_0687.jpeg
IMG_0699.jpeg
IMG_0708.jpegIMG_0725_2.jpeg

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Airbrush &painting is these days seen as easy money then?

This started as a friendly project for a friend, I'd hoped it would stay that way but naming a price always leads to this kind of agro..

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

This started as a friendly project for a friend, I'd hoped it would stay that way but naming a price always leads to this kind of agro..

Your stuff looks great. Don't get offended by any here.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Haha, no way, you couldn't pay me to do that for people. I'd paint my own, be fun, but it's too much work to try and do a bunch, hats off to you. If people don't want to pay the price for your time they can be happy without what you're doing.

#68 6 years ago

and you ride a Ducati like me.... winner!!

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Yes, but for $500, he includes Sparky and shipping.
With that said, my $500.00 dollar purchase didn't include an autograph or letter knuckling, which were supposedly included in the original price. I'm sure he would have made good on it, but I wasn't about to send it back and wait another month or so.

Quoted from steigerpijp:

To be clear, I wasn't saying I would ever try to do work of this level, much less for anyone else. I just want to learn to do this type of stuff. I think it would be almost universally known by now that I am the penultimate cheapskate. I learn to do new things to save money. I learned PCB repair to...save money. I learned pinball repair to....save money. I did my own playfield swap...to save money. Same situation here. I teach myself crap. That's how I work.

The work on these is amazing, and far beyond amateur (re: mine) capability. Details on the shirts and helmets is crazy...actually better than DD's, IMO....and you get a custom product to boot. There's not just painting there, there's modeling and modding and alteration. In no way whatsoever was I trying to put down either DD or Koop, and I'd much rather see people get a unique custom one for their game than one that's been produced 20-30 times.

#70 5 years ago

This Sparky looks better than my wife and still it is cheaper.

#71 5 years ago

So finally some time to make some pictures of the star prison version installed. Also now ELwire installed

image-691.jpg
image-244.jpgimage-354.jpgimage-380.jpg

1 week later
#72 5 years ago

Finally got the time to pick up Sparky and to put him back in his spot.
I'm super content with the way he looks after his makeover by Great Koop
Saw another one with stripes in a Dalton kind of way he was working on. Man those Sparky's come alive after a paintjob.
2014-02-09 001 010.JPG
2014-02-09 001 001.JPG

#73 5 years ago

Awesome Dirk! Next time I'll be sure to fry that sparky.

#74 5 years ago

Wow, looks really great installed. Almost jealous. Have seen the yellow striped one to, also great.

Geert Koop rulezzzz

#75 5 years ago

Bump for a great artist and sparky in action

image-47.jpg

#76 5 years ago

Fantastic mod.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Bump for a great artist and sparky in action

LOL.... These are some GREAT custom painting of Sparky. Nice Work Guys.

#78 5 years ago

Ready to get cooked , the latest, nr #4

IMG_1153.jpgIMG_1160.jpgIMG_1164.jpgIMG_1154.jpg

anyone for knuckle tats " deep fry'd"

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It's not a Sparky but also Geert's work. How about this as a motor helmet?
Man, Geert can do great stuff with some paint

IMG_0687.jpeg 100 KB

IMG_0708.jpeg 156 KB

IMG_0699.jpeg 153 KB

IMG_0725_2.jpeg 139 KB

that is the single greatest helmet i've ever seen.

#80 5 years ago

Wow, if I had Metallica this would be a MUST. It gives each machine a unique personality, so cool!

#81 5 years ago

Love the gold tooth, give him the hammer to see what he comes up with.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Bump for a great artist and another picture ofcourse

image-351.jpg 61 KB

Prefer it to the DD custom painted edition sparky

1 month later
#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Bump for a great artist and another picture ofcourse

image-351.jpg 61 KB

Looks like sparky peed himself ;D

#84 5 years ago

He has now his own METLE. Ofcourse sparky is painted and this is how the sparky of the master himself looks

Note the tongue piercing, great detail Now we have to wait what he comes up with for the hammer

image-522.jpg

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that is the single greatest helmet i've ever seen.

It *is* pretty awesome isn't it? Never thought I'd see a CV helmet. Another thing off the bucket list.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

He has now his own METLE. Ofcourse sparky is painted and this is how the sparky of the master himself looks

Note the tongue piercing, great detail Now we have to wait what he comes up with for the hammer

Thanks Rens,

Indeed managed to get my MetLE after hunting since August. Very happy indeed, on the left things are looking worse for Luci now...no match .. good thing she looks great.

This Sparky was pre painted by me, I want a Johnny knoxville or Sherrif Roscoe style, so need to aquire myself some blank Sparky's, dont want to paint over this one. Piercing knob shook out at one end I just noticed, so next ones get loc-tite.

Now back to my game!

#87 5 years ago

You forgot the Gold tooth Rens

#88 5 years ago

AWESOME!! Question, what is the wire from and what is the two spots on the helmet where the wires go in? I was thinking old or new return springs off the flippers would be good to use for the wire, I seen solder used to, the kind that's curled up in small container. Lots of options.

I'am digging the double wires coming off the helmet and want info on the attachment to the helmet and behind the chair. If you can show some detail photos, it would give me a better idea on how everything is attached

Are these airbrushed or paint brush? I sure the red lines and pupils are by brush. Just awesome, the best toy in a pinball machine!

1 month later
#89 5 years ago

Want to see his latest work which makes him Master of Sparky's ???

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-koop-kustoms-sparky

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside