Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    rambo-first-blood-part-2-1985-fine-artist (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161130_204505 (resized).jpg
    44328580_1694610333978604_2946421790680809472_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago

8 Ball Deluxe. No offense to the cool cowboy with the toothpick. But I’d rather have something featuring Jeanette Lee.

#29 5 years ago

That’s pretty nice!

I presume that with these digital setups coming online, one-offs will be possible at reasonable prices? That is, if you can manage to produce some artwork with sufficient resolution you could just send in the digital file and get your own custom translite?

There is no magic to the resolution, just define the total size and the dpi. There IS magic in producing good artwork, that takes some skill. But if you are just making one for your own self and it’s crappy artwork, well you could still get it if YOU like it, it would be no one else’s business.

There would be interesting questions about doing one-offs, such as with copyright. I presume (but just guessing here) that if you sell a one-off to someone for profit, standard rules apply. For example, you can’t just use Jeanette Lee’s image without permission. Or any other protected material such as movies, bands, etc.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheRave:

I can easily make one offs like you're saying. These do not need to be batch run prints.

Awesome. I guess we can specify the overall dimensions as needed, and then just need the suitable dpi for the image file (also the desired image file format such as JPG or other). Is 300 dpi required?

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Please make this with RAMBO in text somewhere on it/bottom, for an alternate for terrible Raven.
    thanks (if you can seriously do it, PM me)
    [quoted image]

Adding text to the bottom of that would be a simple job for any graphic designer or probably anyone who can half run Photoshop. I think you would need a higher-resolution source for that image though. Its only 72 dpi at around 8x10" as you have it there, it would have to be blown up and then you start getting fuzziness/pixellation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alternate-translites-1?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.