Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Jtm3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Both xpin and rd power supplies have issues with data east games hook and star trek with a chaser board attached Does anyone have a work around for this.
Chaser board on hook is the rope light , when the chaser board speeds up and the GI goes dim it craps out on sound.
I have seen a RD power supply mod for both games but in not much detail .

5 months later
#2 8 years ago

I'm having this same issue on my Hook with rottendog boards installed. Was just about to buy a new chaser board. Glad I didn't! I remember reading something about the 12v regulated and 12v unregulated being swapped in error on the replacement boards. Not sure if that is the case or is even the issue.

Would greatly appreciate any help on this that anyone can provide. Thanks!!

#3 8 years ago

email x-pin and ask them. they have been very helpful anytime i have contacted them. They might know of a workaround. Or they might be able to modify something.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks! Will do. My experience with X-Pin boards has been great. 1st issue I have had. I think I will swap the working, factory DE power supply from my LW3 into Hook and put the X-Pin in LW3. The boards are the same part and rev #'s if I remember correctly. Problem solved! Thanks jasong and Insane, saved me headache and $$!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alternate-power-supply-in-data-east-games-with-chaser and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.