Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nexyss
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 9 years ago

Sorry, but I had to resurrect this thread.

I ordered 2 of Herg's boards back in March. I finally got them in June but put them aside till I had the time to dig in and hook them up. Yeah, dig in. I don't know much about board work so I was nervous about what the install would entail. So I found this thread. TY Altan for the great install info. It really helped to understand things before even removing the translite.

Well, I just installed the first one in my South Park. The install was a BREEZE! I couldn't believe how easy it was with the perfectly, well written installation instructions included in the kit. You simply can't mess this install up.

Now, I have to say, that the LED's in my SP looked bright and beautiful and added so much to the machine. But the ghosting and flickering was just awful. After installing the LED/OCD board the game now looks AMAZING!!! No flicker, No ghosting, no erratic light patterns during modes, it's just...well...AMAZING!

I simply can't praise this thing enough and the fact that people are able to come up with and develop things like this is beyond understanding. If you've been on the fence about this product, get off and get this thing.

All I can say is that if you are tired of the ghosting and flickering in your games from your LED bulbs, this board is a MUST have. Although many of you know this as the wait time on this takes awhile. But I promise, the difference this thing makes is WELL worth the wait.

Thanks Herg for coming out with this product.

#35 9 years ago

I just installed it in my WOF and it makes the game 1000 times nicer. Only took 20 minutes from start to finish. That's how ridiculously easy it is. Can't recommend this enough. Now I have to get them for all my pins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/altans-informal-review-of-led-ocd?tu=pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.